Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Feb-22 8:13 pm

Post subject: Re: Public out cry request.
AgePosted: 2018-Apr-18 3:40 am 

The attitudes in this thread are kinda gross, if someone has a different opinion who cares if they share it often. People are acting like questioning the philosophy of the rc is like questioning the bible, they are people they can, have, and will make mistakes, that's why open discussion is important.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Apr-18 3:57 am 

potatomonkey38 wrote:
The attitudes in this thread are kinda gross, if someone has a different opinion who cares if they share it often. People are acting like questioning the philosophy of the rc is like questioning the bible, they are people they can, have, and will make mistakes, that's why open discussion is important.

Did you read the thread? There was an actual discussion.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Apr-18 6:26 am 

Marit Lage wrote:
potatomonkey38 wrote:

I mean literally the first response is someone calling to suspend the person's account, and there is a couple of toxic posts through the thread.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Apr-18 7:09 am 

potatomonkey38 wrote:
I mean literally the first response is someone calling to suspend the person's account, and there is a couple of toxic posts through the thread.

And? A few posts does not a discussion make. The rest of the thread (some 25 posts) had a discussion about it. Add to it or report what you don't like, but leave your virtue signalling out of it.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Apr-18 7:14 am 

potatomonkey38 wrote:
Marit Lage wrote:
potatomonkey38 wrote:

That first person was me, and I stand by that post. Bull contributes nothing to this community and all of their posts are the same ill-thought out, knee-jerk reaction drivel that adds nothing to the format, the forum, or the community as a whole.

And yes, I do care if they share their opinion often, in a new thread every time, when any amount of thought or understanding of the format would have provided them with their answer before they posted it.

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

"I'm happy to serve as a quote machine" - Sheldon

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Apr-18 3:42 pm 

Marit Lage wrote:
Add to it or report what you don't like, but leave your virtue signalling out of it.

I was trying to say that I like hearing views different from the rc, and that we shouldn't try to shut them down by being toxic or reporting them because then the forums just become an echo chamber instead of actual discussion.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Apr-19 1:58 am 

In this case, "a different view" doesn't exist in a vacuum though. The poster has a history of "different views", that's what Viperion is reacting to. Maybe a bit harsh, but hey, can't have it all.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Apr-19 5:37 am 

We're fine with questioning the way things are and the RC's decisions. Many of us think there are cards that aren't banned but should be, for example.

Even in a void however, this ultimatum wasn't a great one to issue, and falsely claiming to represent the majority of the format's players was a great way to make sure it would get even more poorly received.

Offline Profile