Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2018-Jul-22 10:52 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Grixmas 2017
AgePosted: 2017-Dec-02 10:39 pm 

Deadline is tomorrow, status is:

6 Packages Sent

4 Packages Received

2 Extensions approved (Willbender, Marait Lage)

4 Senders - no contact

1 Donation - Treamayne

Remember; if you will not be able to send by tomorrow evening (Deadline) you need to request an extension and let me know why you are delayed (and preferably with an estimate of how long)

If you are still planning on donating to the lost-gift/prize-pool, make sure you PM for an address and also provide an estimate for the donation.

That is all

-Nic

Grixmas 2012 | Grixmas 2013 | Grixmas 2014 | Grixmas 2015 | Grixmas 2016 | Grixmas 2017

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Dec-03 9:34 am 

Four people with no contact at all? That seems...unusually high?

Daretti, Scrap Savant (Machine Red)
Sigarda, Heron's Grace (Innistrad's Industrial Revolution)
X (The Spy Who Un'd Me)
Rubinia Soulsinger (Polymorphs)
Sek'Kuar, Deathkeeper (Shadowborn Apostles)
Mathas, Fiend Seeker (So Me To You)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Dec-03 10:44 am 

I am finishing up my gift tonight, and will be sending it out tomorrow. Does anyone have a recommendation of whether it is best to use USPS, Fedex or UPS?

Riku: Pump Spells
Teneb: Life Manipulation
Kiki-Jiki: Big Red
Geth: Nim
Kodama of the North Tree: Hard Mode Voltron
Nin: Elementals
Sram: Jankstorm
Zur: Zombies
Rhys the Redeemed: Aura Voltron
Chandra, Fire of Kaladesh: Chandras
Ojutai, Soul of Winter: Tap Out Control
Alesha: Allies
Inalla: Treasures
Vial Smasher: Lava Axes
Atraxa: Counterless Keywords
Ludevic and Tymna: Curses

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Dec-03 11:25 am 

Swmystery wrote:
Four people with no contact at all? That seems...unusually high?

Well, no PM contact, to be precise. For example, one person mentioned on 28 Nov their stuff would be out "tomorrow;" but I never received a PM saying if it had or had not gone out.

That said, since my update all four have PMed. Two indicate an intention to send tomorrow (though a PM confirmation after it is sent will still be required), and two were granted an extension (one for medical, as per Marit's post).

Of the two packages in transit, one should have arrived and the recipient should be able to get to the Post office to pick it up tomorrow as well.

-Nic

Grixmas 2012 | Grixmas 2013 | Grixmas 2014 | Grixmas 2015 | Grixmas 2016 | Grixmas 2017

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Dec-04 1:14 am 

My victim has now been sent their... just rewards, let's say.

I hope they "enjoy" them and get everything they deserve.

:twisted:

(PM confirmation has been sent.)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Dec-04 1:31 am 

I'm just waiting for my victim to post that they received my package. I guess I deserve to wait though. I made my sender wait way way way too long because I was being lazy and not checking my mail regularly.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Dec-04 9:58 am 

Segrus wrote:
I'm just waiting for my victim to post that they received my package. I guess I deserve to wait though. I made my sender wait way way way too long because I was being lazy and not checking my mail regularly.

Wait no more, my friend, for I have recieved it! More to come once I actually get the time to peel all the scotch tape off and see what's inside.

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Dec-04 7:18 pm 

Someone from Houston, Texas has sent me something. It left Phoenix AZ on 12/02 at 04:17am.

I am officially excited!! :mrgreen:

Atraxa Superfriends
Yidris Eldrazi (4C Devoid)
Sissay Angel Oath
Wort's Goblin Conspiracy
Gonti's Mega-Bouncy Castle

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Dec-05 10:53 am 

OK, here we go! First off, I got this letter from Segrus... (all images in spoilers because they are huuuuuuuuge)

Along with a couple plastic cases containing what basically amounts to 90% of a custom-made precon deck. Images in spoilers below. It needs about 8 more cards and some land and it's a deck. Looks really... swell! (ba-dum ching).

ImageImageImageImage

ImageImage

Seriously though, thank you Segrus, and it didn't escape my notice that despite your letter's claims to the contrary you did bother to find the one thing I asked for. And Swelddagrif seems like a good deck to bring to the undoubtably un-filled games I'm sure to see in the next few weeks. Just need to find a good way to break the symmetry... *buahahahahahaha!*

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Dec-05 11:39 am 

Sid the Chicken wrote:
OK, here we go! First off, I got this letter from Segrus... (all images in spoilers because they are huuuuuuuuge)

Along with a couple plastic cases containing what basically amounts to 90% of a custom-made precon deck. Images in spoilers below. It needs about 8 more cards and some land and it's a deck. Looks really... swell! (ba-dum ching).

ImageImageImageImage

ImageImage

Seriously though, thank you Segrus, and it didn't escape my notice that despite your letter's claims to the contrary you did bother to find the one thing I asked for. And Swelddagrif seems like a good deck to bring to the undoubtably un-filled games I'm sure to see in the next few weeks. Just need to find a good way to break the symmetry... *buahahahahahaha!*

I do hope you like Swelddagrif. Here's what it was supposed to look like: Swelddagrif baby!! I really tried to make that card look good, but after like 8-10 attempts at printing stuff off and trying to make glue work I had to give up and hope it'd be enough. I do want to get an actually really sweet version to you, I'm just not skilled enough (and ran out of time to find a professional).

I got a little help on the design from Treamayne (thank you again!) and a separate MTG friend.

Definitely don't feel obligated to use any of the cards there--please build whatever deck you want. I basically just pulled cards from my collection that were shiny and/or looked like they might fit in a Swelddagrif deck. Merry Grixmas! :D

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Dec-08 3:37 am 

Mine arrived at the local sorting office at 3am local time but wasn't sorted for delivery today which means I'll only get it on Monday. Ohhhh, excited (but a little disappointed) Still, the anticipation adds to it! :mrgreen:

Atraxa Superfriends
Yidris Eldrazi (4C Devoid)
Sissay Angel Oath
Wort's Goblin Conspiracy
Gonti's Mega-Bouncy Castle

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Dec-08 4:07 am 

zimagic wrote:
Mine arrived at the local sorting office at 3am local time but wasn't sorted for delivery today which means I'll only get it on Monday. Ohhhh, excited (but a little disappointed) Still, the anticipation adds to it! :mrgreen:

I'm in a similar spot. My precious gift is now in the same country as me (yay!) but the wrong end of it (boooooo!). Expect it to be here Monday and then posts to follow in the evening?

Daretti, Scrap Savant (Machine Red)
Sigarda, Heron's Grace (Innistrad's Industrial Revolution)
X (The Spy Who Un'd Me)
Rubinia Soulsinger (Polymorphs)
Sek'Kuar, Deathkeeper (Shadowborn Apostles)
Mathas, Fiend Seeker (So Me To You)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Dec-08 12:36 pm 

I got my Package! I got a handwritten note that says:

"Greetings Inkeyes!

"A short message on scavenged notebook paper for this holy holiday of Grixmas tide! A quick explanation of some of the cards within.
- Spiritmonger - When this card first came out my friends and I thought it was an unbeatable monstrosity. We meta-gamed for it. To this day, it remains one of my favorite cards ever." (as it should be!)

- Sulfurous Springs- two words: DAT ART.

-Scarwood Goblins- another great RG art card from back in the day.

-Vampiric Dragon- Fun to alter in a Grixmas-y way, plus a sort of unique card.

-Rhys- Wishlist *Cough cough*

-Voice- Who doesn't want big fat tokens?

-The Unhinged Cards- I pulled a few useful ones from my stack to give you some fodder for this wacky, experimental month.

Keep an eye on the mail, Ol' Nicol Bolas may have a trick or two left up his Grimy old Sleeves!

Shabbaman wrote:
The usual answer is "the social contract", but I guess that is not what you are looking for. Try house rules.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Dec-08 11:12 pm 

Got my Grixmas stuff in today, and wow, you outdid yourself, Coco. I'm gonna have to step up to the plate, even though I'm awful at edits (I'm a mini painter, not a traditional one anymore).

This was great, honestly. My wife saw this and snatched it from me to sing the entire carol (she was in choir growing up).

This really brought it all together. I'm torn between sticking them into decks immediately, or framing this and setting it out each year in my game room during Christmas.

These was way above and beyond anything I could have hoped for, honestly. Thanks so much, Coco. Between the cards and the packs, this was an amazing Grixmas.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Dec-09 4:36 am 

I'm glad you liked it. I'm pretty sure this is the first arts & crafts project I've done since grade school, so I'm pleased it turned out all right. As for the boosters, I wanted something to fill the empty space inside the package and keep the cards from rattling around, and I figured as a Magic player you might enjoy those more than bubble wrap (although bubble wrap is quite fun). Let me know if you open anything cool!

Marit Lage wrote:
This was great, honestly. My wife saw this and snatched it from me to sing the entire carol (she was in choir growing up).

I wish I could have heard this. I was singing it to myself to try to get the tune right and my roommates were not impressed...

Riku: Pump Spells
Teneb: Life Manipulation
Kiki-Jiki: Big Red
Geth: Nim
Kodama of the North Tree: Hard Mode Voltron
Nin: Elementals
Sram: Jankstorm
Zur: Zombies
Rhys the Redeemed: Aura Voltron
Chandra, Fire of Kaladesh: Chandras
Ojutai, Soul of Winter: Tap Out Control
Alesha: Allies
Inalla: Treasures
Vial Smasher: Lava Axes
Atraxa: Counterless Keywords
Ludevic and Tymna: Curses

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next