Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Jun-15 11:38 pm

Post subject: Re: What is your favorite commander deck(s) and why?
AgePosted: 2017-Mar-06 3:17 pm 

That's tough. My decks are like my babies - I love them all. Lately I've been playing Noyan Dar and Ulrich of the Krallenhorde a lot.

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Mar-07 1:41 am 

scatteredsun wrote:
Ooo I'm jealous. I've wanted a Word of Command for awhile now but I always ended up getting something else.

Done any cool plays with it yet?

Not yet; my opportunities to play EDH are pretty few and far between nowadays. Maybe once a month.

It took forever for my LGS to dig through the boxes in which there was a Word of Command. I must have been asking for months, and one of the newer employees finally looked through their ABU box (instead of assuming they didn't have one).

Follow me on Twitter: @generalspeak

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Mar-10 3:37 pm 

Even though black is my favorite color in Magic, my favorite deck is my Kynaios and Tiro of Meletis Enchantress deck. I love Enchantress, and I finally got a general that is not only perfectly gorgeous, but also smooths over the biggest issue I had with my Enchantresses: getting some card advantage before my Enchantresses hit the table. Plus, I get to play a lot of the Theros gods, which I also love. It foils up so beautifully, and no one ever, EVER snipes my lovely Kings because they get cards... The Kings are my favorite, and they have the shinies to prove it!

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/16-01-17 ... f-meletis/

But I also love my Karador, Ghost Chieftain deck because it does the other thing I love: mess with the graveyard. I have had it for a while, and right now it is a sort-of hatebears theme. It works pretty well, but mostly it's a grindy value-fest.

I love my Gonti, Lord of Luxury deck because MONOBLACK! But I am hoping I can work a Ghoulcaller Gisa deck into something...

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Mar-27 5:38 am 

I prefer my Xenagos, God of Revels hydra deck. It ramps well and attacks/disrupts several archetypes that depend on artifacts and enchantments while scaling well to keep pace with creature decks. Xenagod himself synergizes well with the hydras, too. The last game it played, I was able to drop my hand before a Sen Triplets deck could get rolling, sweeping aside the board with Shatterstorm. Then, when my opponent killed my 6/6 Lifeblood Hydra, I drew multiple answers to the Triplets to ensure I kept my tempo.

By the way, thanks Segrus for your help in developing this deck.

Under Re-Construction:
Hazezon Tamar - Defenders of Dune (only 8 less Fremen/equipment, adding ramp and answers)
Prime Speaker Zegana - Zegana's R&D
Jenara, Asura of War - Jenara's Celestial Army (needs more answers, ramp, less angels...turns out Jenara can tank quite effectively as a voltron.)

Nuked decks:
Sliver Queen - Tokens (converted back to the 60 card deck it originated from, ending its edh dependency on tutors)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-May-14 8:56 pm 

Damia, Sage of Stone in this sweet frame extension alter a friend of mine did. (Photo here.)

I started playing Commander when the first precons came out, and she headed one of the first decks I built. It's also the one I've had for the longest time. It started out as a "discard my own hand"-deck, with madness and reanimation effects. Then it slowly morphed into a "cheap, but efficient creatures and spells". But it became too dependent on having Damia in play, and I ended up taking it apart. Recently I put her back together as a goodstuff deck, with Damia only serving as backup in case I don't have anything else to spend my mana on.

Vorel of the Hull Clade - Abusing counters for fun and profit

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-May-14 11:21 pm 

Pretty much anything that plays with the graveyard, preferably zombies, but even a straight good-stuff Reanimator. A lot of my other decks will go in and out of vogue or be there as pace changers but I'm likely never without some version of UB or Mono-B zombies and BUG Reanimator with Mimeoplasm. None of my decks have zero graveyard interaction, there's always a few things in there to re-use the 'yard.

Atraxa Superfriends
Yidris Eldrazi (4C Devoid)
Sissay Angel Oath
Wort's Goblin Conspiracy
Gonti's Mega-Bouncy Castle

Offline Profile