Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Aug-18 7:10 pm

Post subject: Conspiracy 2: Electric Boogaloo... er... Take the Crown
AgePosted: 2016-Feb-22 3:33 am 

Just announced, Conspiracy: Reign of BragoThe Empty ThroneTake the Crown

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/ar ... nspiracy-2

Here's hoping for the UR Artifact Commander finally.

http://mtgcommander.net/Forum/viewtopic.php?p=233412#p233412

Last edited by tgambitg on 2016-Feb-26 3:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Conspiracy 2: Electric Boogaloo... er... Reign of Brago
AgePosted: 2016-Feb-22 3:48 am 

tgambitg wrote:
Ooh! I'm hoping for a new Dack Fayden or a U/R version of Daretti with the "can be your commander clause" but I fully realize that's completely unrealistic to actually expect to happen. But, yeah, seems like a fair chance there could be some kind of U/R artifact legend in here - maybe Muzzio comes back as U/R?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Feb-22 4:06 am 

thaumaturge wrote:
tgambitg wrote:
Ooh! I'm hoping for a new Dack Fayden or a U/R version of Daretti with the "can be your commander clause" but I fully realize that's completely unrealistic to actually expect to happen. But, yeah, seems like a fair chance there could be some kind of U/R artifact legend in here - maybe Muzzio comes back as U/R?

Man, you're not going to let the UR Artifacts thing go?

Which is good, because neither will I!

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Feb-22 6:02 am 

"King Brago's mortal reign was generally met with contentment and admiration from all but his most fervent detractors, so it was no surprise when his Majesty's motion to be appointed to his position for life was passed by a sound majority in the Fioran Assembly. King Brago immediately thereafter decided to live forever, much to the chagrin of many Assemblymen." - Codicia Historica, Volume VII

Don't know about y'all, but I'm psyched.

Bladewing the Risen - MTG: Blood Dragon - OST by Powerglove
Dosan the Falling Leaf - Mono-Green Accelerator
Vish Kal, Blood Arbiter - Feed it to Vish
Toshiro Umezawa - Budget Creatureless
Prossh, Skyraider of Kher - Combo Jund
Marath, Will of the Wild - Beast-Mode Tribal
Scion of the Ur-Dragon - Mortal Combat Dredge
Kamahl & Jeska - Tag Team Voltron

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Feb-22 8:19 am 

SICK! I loved the legends that Conspiracy brought us, Dack Fayden was pretty awesome, and some of the draft and Conspiracy cards are amazing for cube. I CAN'T WAIT! This is far better than Eternal for me

I didn't failed nothing

My EDH Cube

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Feb-22 11:28 am 

Wait holdonaminute

So there's Eternal Masters, this, AND the Commander product? Is this a new schedule? I thought there were only two additional products each year?

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

The internet's great at making noise, and poor at operating pants. There's gonna be half-dressed mobs screeching half-assed arguments for the rest of the 21st century - Kemev

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Feb-22 11:53 am 

Viperion wrote:
Wait holdonaminute

So there's Eternal Masters, this, AND the Commander product? Is this a new schedule? I thought there were only two additional products each year?

Maybe this will just be a weird year?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Feb-22 12:38 pm 

Viperion wrote:

It looks like they're probably getting rid of FTV (and some side stuff like Clash Packs) to make room for a competitive reprint product and a casual product every year.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Feb-22 12:50 pm 

I went straight to the source and asked MaRo on his Tumblr:
Quote:
Q: With the announcement of Conspiracy 2 that means we're getting three supplementals this year; Con2, Eternal Masters and Commander - is this the norm for the future?

A: Our attitude towards supplemental products is a little different than normal expansions. We like to have the freedom to experiment and try different things. This year we’re experimenting with doing three different supplemental sets (Eternal Masters, Conspiracy 2, and Commander decks) each with their own audience. The player reaction to these sets will help inform us on what type of experiments we’ll want to try in the future.

Also @charlequin another question came up:

Quote:
Q: will there be a FTV this year? I'm asking because conspiracy 2 seems to have taken its place.

A: There is a From the Vault this year.

:)

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

The internet's great at making noise, and poor at operating pants. There's gonna be half-dressed mobs screeching half-assed arguments for the rest of the 21st century - Kemev

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Feb-22 1:26 pm 

Also all three of these supplemental decks are safe bets - the Commander decks have done very well since they got introduced, Conspiracy was a big hit the first time around and Eternal Masters will sell well if for no other reason then all the Legacy staples they're reprinting. Eternal Masters isn't even that "new" of an idea, they're following what they did with Modern Masters and applying it to a format with even more expensive cards.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Feb-22 6:55 pm 

So excited for this year, hoping for some amazing flavour in Innistrad again, epic legends and crazy cube cards in Conspiracy (and new foils like we got exploration, and to get some new foils in Eternal Masters (longer shot as most EDH cards are not legacy/vintage staples but theres gotta be some chaff here right? :P ) and FTV is always an awesome chance to get new foils. The year I bought a house, a 4k curved LED TV, proposed to my girlfriend with a ring that cost as much as the house deposit and the year we decided to book our wedding in (for Christmas 2016 too) all this amazing MTG stuff happens....May need to sell a lung. And a kidney....and maybe half a liver...Any buyers?? :twisted:

I didn't failed nothing

My EDH Cube

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Feb-22 7:01 pm 

maiden77 wrote:
So excited for this year, hoping for some amazing flavour in Innistrad again, epic legends and crazy cube cards in Conspiracy (and new foils like we got exploration, and to get some new foils in Eternal Masters (longer shot as most EDH cards are not legacy/vintage staples but theres gotta be some chaff here right? :P ) and FTV is always an awesome chance to get new foils. The year I bought a house, a 4k curved LED TV, proposed to my girlfriend with a ring that cost as much as the house deposit and the year we decided to book our wedding in (for Christmas 2016 too) all this amazing MTG stuff happens....May need to sell a lung. And a kidney....and maybe half a liver...Any buyers?? :twisted:

I'll take the kidney & the liver if you throw in some onions and a frying pan into the deal! :wink:

Congratulations on the house & getting engaged!!

Sissay 5c Superfriends
Morophon Eldrazi (5C Devoid)
Grenzo's Goblins

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Feb-22 8:56 pm 

maiden77 wrote:

I hear E-Bay has fetched some decent organ prices now and then.

zimagic wrote:
I'll take the kidney & the liver if you throw in some onions and a frying pan into the deal! :wink:

Don't forget Liver needs Chianti.

That said, this just kind of depresses me...all I can think is that we won't get the Duel Decks, Conspiracy or Commander product online. We already had Vintage Masters (which was what the Paper world would want instead anyway).

So yeah, enjoy the cool stuff. MODO players will just go become mushrooms again.

HK

Hazezon Tamar - Manland theme
Seshiro the Anointed - Snake Tribal
Jedit Ojanen of Efrava - Cat and Warrior Dual Tribal
Doran, the Seige Tower - Wall Tribal
Progenitus - Hydra themed Proliferate Deck
Karona, the False God - Backstabbing Hug

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Feb-22 11:02 pm 

I'm so glad about this!

I was hoping silently that we would have another Conspiracy set this year. As they stopped doing Core sets, Clash packs, and Event decks, there was some room for it, but no way to be certain until it was official.

With Innistrad and Eternal Masters in addition to this, this will probably be my most expensive Magic year ever (in sealed products).

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Feb-22 11:53 pm 

zimagic wrote:

Thanks mate :mrgreen:

I didn't failed nothing

My EDH Cube

Offline Profile