Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Jul-21 6:26 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 349 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: Commander 2015 Spoilers
AgePosted: 2015-Nov-06 2:48 am 

Ambition's Cost and Ancient Craving in two different decks. Heh, sure.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Nov-06 2:49 am 

a little sad there's no Debtors' Knell but these decks look FUN! I may keep them together longer than I have the others.

Starke of Rath -> Wrath of Starke: MRC

Proving Grounds: Drawmia-maro, Titania When Lands Attack, Tromokratis Read it Again, Kaalia's Klerics, Hordes of Tribes.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Nov-06 2:57 am 

scatteredsun wrote:
a little sad there's no Debtors' Knell but these decks look FUN! I may keep them together longer than I have the others.

No Angel of Despair either. I was pretty miffed she got left out of FTV Angels, but this is more forgivable, since I have regular copies and really just need a foil, but it's my # favorite card out of the orginial Ravnica block, so I just kinda wanted to see her here. Ashen Rider would have been good, too!

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Nov-06 3:11 am 

The uncommon reprints are solid, but this is definitely more of a "get started in EDH" product rather than a good acquisition for folks who have are set for staple cards. I think it is just buying singles for me.

The area that makes me make a fart noise with my mouth is their selection of reprint commanders. I don't think many folks are going to get excited by a bunch of 25¢ rares from RTR block. I'm kind of surprised that Gisela got the nod over Aurelia, given that pattern.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Nov-06 3:17 am 

JJackson wrote:
The area that makes me make a fart noise with my mouth is their selection of reprint commanders.

This is just kind of incomprehensible. I know there weren't tons of options, but it's not like Jhoira of the Ghitu or Good Teysa was gonna break the bank here.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Nov-06 3:54 am 

Love the ScoutCat. White needs every bit of ramp it can get.

Also, I just realized — Command Beacon in Titania :shock:

In my late teens I was a Spike.
In my 20's I was a Johnny.
Now, I just like to play.
'Active decks' list here.
Currently hiring servants for my palace, made from my own walls of text.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Nov-06 4:15 am 

Antis wrote:

With Food Chain, it's infinite landfall triggers and infinite mana.

http://mtgcommander.net/Forum/viewtopic.php?p=233412#p233412

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Nov-06 4:16 am 

I think the black Confluence is my least favorite of that cycle. It just feels like it does the least for the amount of mana. If it were 4 mana, I might like it better, but even then I just don't think I'd play it often.

It's rarely going to kill anything relevant unless you go -6/-6, but 5 mana is a lot to spend when you could just evoke a shriekmaw or murder or boneshred or even a Damnation, frankly. Spreading out -2/-2 effects just seems really lackluster.

Returning 3 creatures is something I might like to do, but that's actually a LOT more narrow than getting back 3 permanents.

And the card draw mode is actually decent, given that black doesn't usually get Jace's Ingenuity's so that's cool, but still not something I'd play very often if at all. I might run this in a creature-heavy mono-black deck where recurring creatures and drawing cards are both likely to be relevant, but beyond that, this seems meh.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Nov-06 4:41 am 

tgambitg wrote:
Antis wrote:

With Food Chain, it's infinite landfall triggers and infinite mana.

DON'T GIVE HIM ANY IDEAS!

Current Decks:

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Nov-06 4:41 am 

charlequin wrote:
JJackson wrote:
The area that makes me make a fart noise with my mouth is their selection of reprint commanders.

This is just kind of incomprehensible. I know there weren't tons of options, but it's not like Jhoira of the Ghitu or Good Teysa was gonna break the bank here.

Yeah, it isn't just a monetary thing. RTR was only 3 years ago so it isn't like these legends are hard to find. I would have gone with Niv-Mizzet, The Firemind, Experiment Kraj, Teysa, Orzhov Scion, and Savra, Queen of the Golgari because those are cards that people might actually have difficulty coming across otherwise. I don't think Kraj or Savra would be quite as good of a fit for their decks as built, but they are definitely suggestive of directions you could take them.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Nov-06 4:44 am 

I think that both black decks getting the pay 3 draw 3 for 4 cards kinda screws the black confluence. The instant speed makes it possibly playable but yeah it's a bit lackluster for five mana.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Nov-06 4:44 am 

Savra is pretty darn on-theme actually, but regardless I agree with you. Even though he's not clamoring for a reprint, Edric would have been VERY good in the UG deck.

At any rate, Melek and Crap Teysa are just absolute GARBAGE reprints of cards littering the bulk rare boxes of LGS's all over the country.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Nov-06 4:46 am 

Epsilon wrote:
I think that both black decks getting the pay 3 draw 3 for 4 cards kinda screws the black confluence. The instant speed makes it possibly playable but yeah it's a bit lackluster for five mana.

Agreed, thought in mono-black at least, I'd play the confluence just for the combination of instant speed-ness and versatility, for only one more mana that seems like a good upgrade, but the Ancient Craving spells, I have NEVER been so hard up for options I've felt those were at all playable. So I'm not sure being an upgrade over a spell I think is unplayable is good enough.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Nov-06 4:51 am 

JJackson wrote:
The uncommon reprints are solid, but this is definitely more of a "get started in EDH" product rather than a good acquisition for folks who have are set for staple cards. I think it is just buying singles for me.

This is where I am as well. I also have decided to only keep Modern legal cards in my collection, so all the new cards, while a number are cool looking, will not really do me any good. My biggest things for reprints are cards that had watermarks on them in their original printing, or still say comes into play. So I am planning on getting Eternal Witness, Blue Sun's Zenith and Psychosis Crawler. I will most likely eventually look for one of each of the signets and cluestones as well.

Last edited by Urtho on 2015-Nov-06 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Nov-06 4:54 am 

Alright, so I was definitely wrong about how Myriad and Exalted interact. But what about this:

I have Doubling Season in play and I attack one opponent with a Myriad Creature. What happens?

1. The person I attack with the real creature just gets attacked by the real creature. That much is clear.

2. Myriad triggers and makes 2x tokens per each other opponent instead of 1x per. That is also clear.

Question #1: are the extra tokens tapped and attacking, or only the original token?
Question #2: do the extra tokens self-exile EOC, or only the originals?

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 349 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next