Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Apr-24 3:02 pm

Post subject: Exotic Orchard
AgePosted: 2009-Jan-27 1:11 pm 

although im not sold on Fellwar Stone being that great, the EDH community here seems to think highly of it so naturally they would like:

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2009-Jan-27 2:07 pm 

Yeah it is rare that it wont be tapping for any color.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Exotic Orchard
AgePosted: 2009-Jan-27 3:33 pm 

Red Maelstrom wrote:
although im not sold on Fellwar Stone being that great, the EDH community here seems to think highly of it so naturally they would like:

Like the Big Mac, I'm Lovin' It. Too bad the set and block are Soooo heavily domain and shard themed that this might see constructed play; otherwise it might be that cheap, juk rare perfect for EDH. I'll pick some up, anyhow. I own City of Brasses, even though I do not like how they play so well.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2009-Jan-27 3:50 pm 

Actually, all the lands in the new set are well designed IMO. Only one of them is an outright 'never play' in EDH. The whole spoiler is on Salvation now, here are the lands:

Ancient Ziggurat
Land Uncommon
{T}: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool. Spend this mana only to play a creature spell.

We just had a discussion on the board about Pillar. This is a better Pillar, IMO, though it is still not the best EDH card ever. Has most of the downsides of Pillar but more upsides. But this card has BUDGET written all over the rarity line, big plus.

Exotic Orchard
Land Rare
{T}: Add to your mana pool one mana of any color that a land an opponent controls could produce.

We just covered this one, seems good.

Reliquary Tower
Land Uncommon
You have no maximum hand size.
{T}: Add 1 to your mana pool.

Sure it's just a Spellbook, but it's a Spellbook that doesn't take up a non-land card slot in your deck.

You know, in case you really need a Spellbook...

Rupture Spire
Land Common
Rupture Spire comes into play tapped.
When Rupture Spire comes into play, sacrifice it unless you pay 1.
{T}: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.

A five colour common land!!! Wow! It's slow, but this is EDH, so the slow isn't all bad. Also, in EDH you'll never have a starting hand with two of these..

Unstable Frontier
Land Uncommon
{T}: Add 1 to your mana pool.
{T}: Target land you control becomes the basic land type of your choice until end of turn.

Another uncommon land that can be tapped for 1 the turn you play it. Sadly, that's about it. It's a fixer, I guess. I would prefer it if it interacted with opponent's lands and could be used as a pseudo-Blood Moon.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2009-Feb-03 12:06 pm 

I think that I will really fast buy Conflux (the card),Child of alara for the decks that I will built these days (generals would be Scion of ur-dragon and Child of alara) but I shall wait for a while to see where the price goes for Nicol bolas,the price is a little high for me. But,I will get him also!

I HATE M10!...rules,not the cards... GENERALS : Ambassador Laquatus ; Sisters of Stone Death ; Sygg,River Cutthroat ; Merieke Ri Berit ; Teneb the Harvester ; Momir Vig,Simic Visionary ; Niv-Mizzet,the Firemind ; Saffi Eriksdotter ; ...the list shall go on and on

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2009-Feb-04 12:55 am 

Exotic orchard is fine, but I think the reason why fellwar stone is so popular is that it accelerates. It's not really a fixer...

About fatties, we've written about sphinx, adjudicator, child, progenitus ... what about the wurm ? The first time I saw it in the spoiler, I said to myself "okay, it's a bad paleoloth". Then, I played a few games during the prerelease... and met it, and it was more like : "Oh fuc%in# Sh!$ ! It's a regrowth a turn ! ! ! ".

Okay, it's currently not playable in the standard, but I'll definitly try it in my Kresh (with cauldron dance uh uh).

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2009-Feb-04 3:48 am 

I really like the design of Gwafa Hazid, Profiteer.
This is really nice card for multiplayer. And he's even legendary, too.
Font of Mythos is simply a double howling mine. Not very elegant card design, but still fun.

I opened a thornling at the prerelease and i don't know what to think of that one. I mean for 5 its just a 4/4. For his abilities you need lots of mana, but then he is still not that good. I think this cards doesn't deserve its mythic status.
Mirror Sigil Seargent and Ethersworn Adjudicator, will see play, because they are just to strong to ignore them.

Offline Profile