Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Jun-24 6:38 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Using cards against their owners 101 - Funny
AgePosted: 2012-Feb-28 1:18 pm 

Alright;

The Scene - IT was the middle game, and most players had out 12 landish, I was forced to use Wrath of God, to stop the player next to me who was playing green from attacking with his army [He had Beastmaster's acension one turn away from 7 counters].

The player to my left [Player A] was upset by my wrath, but noted that I failed to play a creature after the wipe, and Genesis Waved for 7 [I think it was 7]. He got 4 creatures as a result of the spell. A 2/2, 4/6, 6/6, and a 5/5. He then ended his turn

The next player [Player B] decided to play that relatively new black spell that allows you to get 13 2/2 zombie tokens [whatever the name of that spell is I can't remember] and then ended his turn.

At this point I am freaking out thinking....Jeez...I just wrathed and already there are 13 2/2 tokens and 4 green/black threats.

Then the player on my right [Player C] cast Massacre Wurm, causing Player A to lose a creature and 2 life, and Player B to lose ALL his tokens, and 26 life. He then played two other small black creatures 3/3 and a 1/1. As you can imagine, Player C was really happy with how that turned out, and was already bragging about how well he was doing, nearly killing a player and getting an awesome board position on the field. Then he ended his turn.

I then untapped and top decked Rite of Replication........Yup. Rite of Replication.

So naturally I cast Right of Replication kicked to copy Massacre Wurm Five times. The five wurms coming into play killed every other creature in play, doing 10 damage to each player for each creature that went to the graveyard. This killed Player C with 30 points of Damage and brought player A down to 1 life. The look on player C's face was priceless, and Player B even felt the urge to give me a high five. [as he lost no life.]

I like to think of it as Karmic Justice. lol

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Using cards against their owners 101 - Funny
AgePosted: 2012-Feb-28 1:49 pm 

I once copied someones Primeval Titan with a kicked Rite of Replication; then copied my Rite of Replication with a Twincast; then it got Reitereated by another player three times; who Mystic Snaked my Rite after all his resolved :(

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Feb-28 2:13 pm 

(cue newsroom music)

This just in.... Rite of Replication does stuff.... pictures at 11.

(end newsroom music)

I swear any stories involving Rite of Replication should be consigned to a "Yet another Rite of Replication Thread"... in fact, making that thread RIGHT NOW.

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

"I'm happy to serve as a quote machine" - Sheldon

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Feb-28 2:55 pm 

I'm playing Hakim, Loreweaver vs Teneb, the Harvester and a Dakon Blackblade.

My opening hand turned out to be an unexpected "god hand" 5 islands, windfall, terrain generator and top decked sol ring. I dump my hand by like the fourth turn and then windfall to fill it back up to 7 and draw into a Roil Elemental, Vesuvan Shapeshifter and Willbender.

Teneb plays his general and attempts to equip lightning greaves to him. In response, I drop in a land with Terrain Generator and gain control of him. He doesn't have any other creatures so I have a greaved Teneb under my control. The next turn he plays Angelic Arbiter and moves his greaves onto that. In response, I morph the Shapeshifter making it a copy of it so he can't attack. I then play confiscate on his lightning greaves, move it to his general, and drop a land to steal his angel. I killed the Dakon player with the angels and teneb from his own general damage.

The deck is actually designed to be a voltron on Hakim but I don't mind when it plays out differently.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Feb-28 3:40 pm 

Another game, playing Hakim, Loreweaver vs 5 color Warp World(Progenitus) and uber control Arcanis the Omnipotent.

Game starts rather slow with no one really doing much, Progenitus tutors up Warp World and then casts it the next turn. Arcanis attempts to counter it but he only had Rethink which he was able to pay the cost a second time. I float my untapped lands and Warp World resolves... I get a few lands, Mischievous Quanar (which I flip down with the floated mana) and some random other creatures. Then enchantments come in and I get a Curse of Echoes on Arcanis which is basically a death sentence on him since his entire deck is counter and draw into combo pieces. Treachery and Corrupted Conscience come in stealing an eldrazi titan and Ob Nixillis from Progenitus.

I finish off Progenitus with his own creatures and then it's just me vs a very crippled Arcanis. I have a Forbid in hand and because of his gauntlets, extraplanar lens, etc, my islands are tapping for 4. He casts draw spell after draw spell hoping to get into something to get rid of the curse and I draw off his draw spells, counter everything else he plays with Forbid and then he does a Braingeyser for 10. I use the curse copy targetting him as well as morph and reflip the Mischievous Quanar copying it enough times to kill him with his own draw spell.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Feb-28 4:15 pm 

One of my friends was running Rings of Brighthearth and Basalt Monolith in a fireball-heavy Xira Arien deck. Our playgroup discouraged infinite combos but didn't ban them outright, so we gave him some crap for it but it wasn't a real problem. He didn't usually try to assemble it, and someone usually had some sort of answer before he killed the table.

In one game, his early Rings got destroyed by some sweeper, so he later discarded the Monolith to Greater Good or something. Seeing this, I played Geth, Lord of the Vault, stole both combo pieces out of his graveyard, and then proceed to grab a half dozen other creatures and aftifacts before hitting him with a Profane Command for one billion. He took Basalt Monolith out of the deck shortly after that.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Mar-04 3:00 am 

Two separate games of Savra using Sun Titan and Juniper Order Ranger to instant win thanks to Puppeteer Clique.

So the Sun Titan is the one that is kind of not obvious. What ended up happening was to rebuy a Shambling Shell and repeatedly re-persist Clique until Squandered Resources & Fecundity are in play, cue Life // Death to draw his entire deck and play everything gaining something akin to 60 life. GG.

The moral of the story, if a deck with Puppeteer Clique plays Gravestorm think twice about what to remove >.>

Hazezon Tamar - Dune Flavor Project

I'm just glad I'm not in a group that has to worry about a Sky Hussar combo.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Apr-19 4:13 pm 

My Mayael 1-on-1 vs. Uril, the Miststalker.

Uril comes in suited up with something like three auras, 11+ power. I Reflect Damage.

Next turn, Uril rumbles in again. Naya Charm, Reflect Damage again, killing him with general damage from his own general that he never lost control of.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-May-18 5:12 am 

I'm playing Adamaro, First to Desire as my commander, so mono-red deck. After killing off two other people with a Malignus / Furnace of Rath combo I set my sights on the last guy (commander is Gwafa Hazid, Profiteer, who casts Vow of Duty on my Malignus and Qasali Pridemage'd my Furnace, I play Word of Seizing on his Vow and beat him for 22, Next he casts Story Circle naming Red, a couple of turns later he casts Iona, Shield of Emeria naming Red and asks me if I want to scoop (no). I play Vesuva copying his Springjack Pasture and play Sword of Kaldra. I proceed to make two goat tokens (which he custom made) before he realizes that the tokens can be used for more than producing mana and casts his commander Gwafa. After bringing him down to 3 life from sword-swinging goats (and go rid of ~5 chump blockers) he casts Wrath of God and re-casts Gwafa, and announces he has Spell Burst (with Urzatron assembled and Rule of Law) so I can never play anything again...I Molten Disaster with kicker for three...

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-May-21 3:31 pm 

A quick but hilarious one:

One of my opponents (in a 6 player FFA) had played a Hive Mind the turn before mine. I top decked Final Fortune. Hilarity ensued.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-May-21 4:57 pm 

Evil_Lamp_6 wrote:

One of my opponents (in a 6 player FFA) had played a Hive Mind the turn before mine. I top decked Final Fortune. Hilarity ensued.

You lose first.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-May-21 5:35 pm 

Joz wrote:
Evil_Lamp_6 wrote:

You lose first.

And you bring up something I had forgotten that made it all the funnier at that time; I had my Sundial of the Infinite out.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-May-29 12:27 pm 

Evil_Lamp_6 wrote:
Joz wrote:
Evil_Lamp_6 wrote:

You lose first.

And you bring up something I had forgotten that made it all the funnier at that time; I had my Sundial of the Infinite out.

sundial of the infinite does not protect you from the "You Lose" part of final fortune, it just brings about the loss faster

MODERATOR of WOOBERG.net the number one source for MTG variant formats

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-May-29 1:01 pm 

Shoe wrote:
sundial of the infinite does not protect you from the "You Lose" part of final fortune, it just brings about the loss faster

Final Fortune: "Take an extra turn after this one. At the beginning of that turn's end step, you lose the game."

Vorel of the Hull Clade - Abusing counters for fun and profit

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-May-29 3:10 pm 

Malekoda wrote:
Final Fortune: "Take an extra turn after this one. At the beginning of that turn's end step, you lose the game."

Meaning that Sundial of the Infinite does prevent you from losing to Fortune's effect, and it will never trigger again.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next