Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Jun-25 8:46 am

Do you sleeve your General in a different sleeve than the rest of its deck?
Yes, always. 49%  49%  [ 41 ]
Yes, sometimes. 8%  8%  [ 7 ]
No, never. 42%  42%  [ 35 ]
Total votes : 83
 Post subject:
AgePosted: 2008-Nov-09 11:27 pm 

I have my generals sleeved differently. On the off-chance they draw a Condemn or a fateseal-type effect, so be it.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2008-Nov-10 3:05 am 

Normally i will just switch sleeves with a card in my GY if my general gets Hindered or some such

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2008-Nov-10 8:23 am 

Yup.

My playgroup doesn't allow the General to go to the GY, Library, Hand or be Stolen. All such effects just RFG it with a counter.

One of the main reasons we do it is so we can sleeve our Generals in different sleeves so they don't get shuffled in.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2008-Nov-10 8:38 am 

I use different sleeves.

The reason is mostly because I (idiotly) shuffle my general in my deck after a game way more than an hinder or a condemn is played on my general.

Playing with a different sleeve for my general saves me a lot of time.

So, almost each time my general is shuffled in my deck as a result of a spell/ability, I tend to be honest and ask to someone to cut/shuffle my deck for me.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2008-Nov-10 11:43 am 

Same sleeves. Phelddagrif is my only old-bordered non-foil gold card so it's pretty easy to pull out if I accidentally shuffle it in.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2008-Nov-17 12:03 pm 

I keep my General in a different-colored sleeve while it is RFG or in play, but if it is sent to a different zone, I will swap it with one I have waiting. I use the same sleeves for all of my EDH decks (Young Jedi green sleeves; they rule), so it's not a problem to have extras, as I have like 1000 of them.

I basically do that to reduce the chance of me shuffling my General into my deck at the end of a game. Seems silly, but that's how I roll.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2008-Nov-17 2:50 pm 

If my general is bounced I leave the sleeve the way it is, they aren't really going to forget it anyway, they'll just look next to my deck and see I have no general. On the off chance it does get shuffled in or put on the bottom, I switch it's sleeve with a basic land. But this is rare.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2008-Nov-17 5:21 pm 

I also place my Generals in different colored sleeves. And like everybody else who needs to deal with a Condemned/Hindered/Whatevered general I switch out my generals sleeve with a card from my GY.

End of Line

odit wrote:
I normally my techy , controly decks.

This.

DECKS:
Uril's Legendary Tea Party
Jenara: Tell me why I have to be a Powerslave
Karador: Rock out with your cock out
Xiahou Dun, the One-Eyed: Cosmic Hearse

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2008-Nov-18 12:05 am 

I tend to use a non-identical but otherwise similar sleeve. Some of them just have the same, and some of (mainly my wife's) have garishly different sleeves. But the ideal, as I see it is, a slightly different one that you can shuffle in basically unmarked, but still find it fast when you did it by mistake...

These for example:
http://www.amazon.com/Card-Sleeves-Mini ... B000N6OZU2
Use green ones for the deck, and put the general in a blue one.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2008-Nov-18 6:34 am 

No. Hinder/Condemn would be too much work.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2008-Nov-29 9:12 pm 

I normally use Mayael the Anima as my general for a Naya based deck, but I pulled a foil Elspeth out of a pack, and now she stays in a hard sleeve until it's time to play. but otherwise Mayael gets a green sleeve, so she stands apart from the gold ones.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2008-Nov-30 4:45 pm 

I do - I put them in penny sleeves, whereas I have enough decks that each is in a different colored sleeve - this is so that the general does not get shuffled in accidently; I used to have this problem very often before I did this. I keep an extra sleeve handy in case an effect shuffles the general in.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2008-Nov-30 6:40 pm 

yawg07 wrote:
Nope! I don't see why you would. There are several effects which shuffle a general in, and they are quite popular.

I went with yes, why not? sleeves come in packs of 50
While the genral is hard to find in a large deck, at the last minute before the event i changed him back to the same colour for reasons you listed.

the other reason would be that a diff colour would make a mockery of random discard if sent back to someone's hand.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2008-Dec-29 5:07 pm 

I recently played a game with a guy who had his general in a different colored sleeve not too long ago. Someone put his general on the bottom via Spin into Myth or whatever, and after searching out a land he presented his deck for someone to cut it. I volunteered, and he learned a valuable lesson about why sleeves should all be the same color.

Use the same color sleeves unless you want to suffer the same fate!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2008-Dec-29 7:36 pm 

Always. There are plenty of ways to get your general into your library. My playgroup is very casual though, so it doesn't really matter at all.

Generals
Seton, Krosan Protector//Hanna, Ships Navigator//Captain Sisay//Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind//Braids, Conjurer Adept//Ghost Council of Orzhova

Offline Profile