Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2018-Dec-09 9:13 am

Post subject: Looking for Group in Atlanta, GA
AgePosted: 2010-Apr-25 3:15 pm 

Me and a friend of mine are moving to Atlanta, GA in a couple weeks and we are looking for a regular EDH group out there. We're both seasoned EDH players well experienced in the format but also respect the fun-centric aspect of it as well. If you're interested let me know and we'll be ready to play as soon as we get over that way.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Looking for Group in Atlanta, GA
AgePosted: 2010-Apr-25 6:12 pm 

what part of Atlanta?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2010-Apr-26 1:47 pm 

North-Eastern, but we'll travel around the city if necessary.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2010-May-10 8:01 pm 

Just posting here again to show continuing interest on this subject.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2010-Aug-12 11:12 pm 

Hey, just wondering if you ever found anything. I'm moving to the Atlanta area (Norcross) next week, and I'm not really sure what kind of MtG they have around there. I'd be interested to find out about anything.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2010-Aug-15 8:43 am 

There is a fairly big shop in Alpharetta, but other than that, the Atlanta area is just small little cluster groups of 10 or less as far as I know. I am in Acworth/Kennesaw area, and head over to Supergames (the above shop) every so often, but it is more a haven of the tournament player than the casual.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2010-Sep-06 9:01 pm 

KillYourLandsGG, Maxx, there are two primary EDH playgroups that I know of in the Atlanta (NE) area. I play with the more MTG-experience crowd at The Gaming Pit, and occasionally sneak over to Tower Games to see what the relatively newer players are doing. Prereleases at the Gaming Pit are well done and large, and much smaller at the Tower (but more prizes!).

The primary EDH playerbase at the Gaming Pit ranges from 4-16 people depending on attendance and events that night. Ages, skill, and maturity levels, and deck styles run the full gamete.

EDH at Tower Games is much smaller and newer; I've not seen more than 9 players in the shop at one time (for EDH). Most of these are highschool or college kids with newer decks. A seriously competitive deck will wreck a multi every time. They tell me "Blatant Thievery" is an oldschool card, to give you an idea.

http://www.thetowergames.com/ and http://www.thegamingpit.com/index.php.
Pay no attention to the "we have moved!" on the Gaming Pit site; they've been at that location for years now...

Email me at midoriryu AT gmail DOT com or snag me on AIM (midoriz32) if you need any more details.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2010-Oct-16 10:18 am 

I guess I'll post an option for the people who are Southeast of Atlanta in the McDonough area. There's a shop called Animezing Escape off of exit 221 heading towards downtown McDonough where there's a couple Magic events and a few players who play EDH. The crowd kinda varies but magic players mostly show up on Fridays and Saturdays, though they can usually be found on any other day of the week, too.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Aug-05 3:03 pm 

Not sure if anyone still checks this thread but I just moved to GA, have about 10 EDH decks and would love to meet up with a group sometime. I have been playing MTG for years, am in my late 20's and willing to travel to meet up. If anyone sees this and is still interested, let me know!

Arcum Dagsson
Skullbriar, the Walking Grave

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Sep-19 5:45 am 

About which part of Atlanta are you closest to?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Nov-29 5:37 pm 

Necro'd thread to announce: Challenges Gaming (formerly The Dragon's Horde) will be doing casual EDH groups every Sunday starting at 2pm. If we get enough people coming regularly, we can start scheduling DCI-sanctioned events in the future and maybe get a League going. We will be doing Standard tourneys alongside the EDH tables and new players are welcome. If you don't have an EDH deck on hand, many of us have extras that we are willing to lend out.

Location is in North Dekalb Mall, in Decatur over by Avondale Estates, right off of 78. Address is 2050 Lawrenville Hwy. Suite 1018, Decatur, Georgia 30033

Bladewing the Risen - MTG: Blood Dragon - OST by Powerglove
Dosan the Falling Leaf - Mono-Green Accelerator
Vish Kal, Blood Arbiter - Feed it to Vish
Toshiro Umezawa - Budget Creatureless
Prossh, Skyraider of Kher - Combo Jund
Marath, Will of the Wild - Beast-Mode Tribal
Scion of the Ur-Dragon - Mortal Combat Dredge
Kamahl & Jeska - Tag Team Voltron

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Sep-05 4:26 pm 

Using some Orzhov magic here, just moved to Smyrna/Marietta/NW Atlanta area and looking for EDH group on either Friday during the day or Saturday evening.

Offline Profile