Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-May-20 8:07 pm

Post subject: Looking for play groups Around Tampa, FL
AgePosted: 2013-Dec-19 6:13 pm 

I live about an hour noth of Tampa and our main shop has just closed. Looking for a new shop to play EDH in. Give me a holler!

OH! I play competitively.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Looking for play groups Around Tampa, FL
AgePosted: 2013-Dec-20 10:22 am 

I know Sheldon plays at Armada Games, but he plays casual. I would say that is your best bet, its the EDH capital of Florida.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Dec-20 12:26 pm 

I usually go up there about once a month. I LOVE ARMADA! unfortunately the distance makes even that once a month trip into a financial issue. If I live closer I would probably be there every day lol. Thank you for the suggestion! :mrgreen:

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Jan-19 11:07 am 

Learn 2 Play is sprouting an EDH league. At least one of the four counters there is dedicated to singles mostly for EDH or other eternal formats. I'm the most competitive there, but I help everyone shape their decks to be more efficient and somewhat competitive. If you're worried about hypercompetition, that's not a problem there and is easiyl avoidable. But, if you're looking for that kind of competitive challenge, it shouldn't be too hard to find either.

Their store is 19247 N. Dale Mabry. That's aaaaaaall the way North in a plaza in Lutz. If you take Bearss and make a right onto Dale Mabry, you're pretty close to L2P. It'll be on the right. Todd, Big Keith, Baby Keith, and Mick are the employees right now. They're opening up a second L2P in a plaza in Brandon.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Jan-28 5:55 am 
EDH Rules Committee

That might actually be a little closer to my house (mileage-wise) than Armada. I guess I'll have to pop around there every now and again. Do they have scheduled times to play or run a League?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Aug-07 12:40 pm 

I know this is a year late, but I'm also looking for players in the Tampa area. Closer to Lutz, the better. I just moved to this area from out of state. I checked out the store mentioned in a prior post but it appears to be closed. If there is a playgroup looking for another player, please let me know!

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Aug-08 2:53 pm 
EDH Rules Committee

If you're in Lutz, you're close enough to Armada. Just go south on 41. When it splits into Florida/Nebraska, stay to the left (Nebraska). When you get to Fowler, turn left. Turn right on 56th, and it's a quarter mile up on the right, in the strip mall after the Outback. My massage therapist is in Land o' Lakes, and it takes me half an hour to from there to the shop, so a little less for you.

Offline Profile