Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Jan-20 12:49 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Portland OR
AgePosted: 2010-Oct-29 4:46 am 

I no this is a portland thread but is anyone out in hillsboro/beaverton?

Current Decks:

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2010-Oct-29 6:16 am 

fairly decent group at rival's on sundays, heard about games at ancient wonders but have never gone.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2010-Dec-02 4:41 am 

Noticed the forum and needed to hop on board! We have a group in the Beaverton area that play a lot of EDH (Commander as it is now known). We can be found at Knightfall, Rivals, Other Worlds, and Ancient Wonders. We have:

Omnath
Godo
Grand Arbiter
Sliver Overlord
Gaddock Teeg
Child of Alara
Isamaru

and many others...

Tualatin's Ancient Wonders will be hosting tournaments on Saturdays @ 6pm (they draft @ 1pm). We hope to see people there starting 12/04/2010!

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2010-Dec-25 4:18 pm 

I am looking to expand my play group, are there any places that host EDH on Wednesday Nights? Also looking for some friendly people to maybe not play at a card shop but at someones house. Right now I have a play-group of one other, maybe two others. Maybe someone 420 friendly? Generals I play
Vorosh, the Hunter
Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind
Teysa, Orzhov Scion

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2010-Dec-26 11:49 pm 

I'm kind of new the MTG portland scene, I have played on and off over the years, have played a couple times in town, and would love to play with some people for fun, preferably at someone's house (I can host, 420 OK). EDH is by far my favorite format and don't have many decks but love playing with the ones I have. Arcum, Vorosh, and Sisay are the decks I have put together so far. I would love to get a small group together, 3-5 people that play EDH and would play other formats too if they want. It would be preferable to play with people in their 20's or older but that's not mandatory. If anyone is interested or is willing to have me join their game night sometime let me know, I'd love to join in!

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2011-Jan-05 5:10 am 

i love that there are so many of us EDH players on this site! i am a part of a rather large playgroup (~10) that meets regularly and not-so-regularly (via phone calls usually an hour or so before playing) on the east side of town and downtown. i would love to see some of you guys come to our little impromptu games. just leave me a way to get a hold of you guys.

so the week looks like this for me:
sunday- ?
monday- ?
tuesday- red castle 5pm-12pm always about 15 people playing sometimes more
wednesday- ?
thursday- guardian games 6pm with around 12 people regularly
friday- ?
saturday- ?

can anyone fill in the question marks with regular games?

i play:
memnarch
adun oakenshield
jenara
oona
...and eagerly awaiting the new wedge generals

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2011-Jan-05 12:51 pm 

we have about 20 people show up regularly for EDH at red castle on tuesday nights and guardian on thursdays. we have a playgroup of about ten that gets together for impromptu sessions throughout the week as well. let me know if you'd like in.

we play:
heartless hidetsugu
azusa
memnarch
vorosh
teneb
oona(x2)
adun oakenshield
jenara
sliver queen
cromat
ashling
rafiq
child of alara
sheizen, perverter of truth(sp?)
sharuum
more i can't remember

come join us.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2011-Jan-31 11:23 am 

Glad to see that this thread isn't buried on page five. It's bee a long time since I have been on these boards (too much 40K), and I am happy to have found my thread alive and kicking!!

Red Castle has been a staple spot for me over these last many months. Great owners, and there open till MIDNIGHT!! Go there, play, have fun!!

I've had weekend off and some Mondays and Tuesdays (at R.C.) and too would love to hang out and play some cards.

End of Line

odit wrote:
I normally my techy , controly decks.

This.

DECKS:
Uril's Legendary Tea Party
Jenara: Tell me why I have to be a Powerslave
Karador: Rock out with your cock out
Xiahou Dun, the One-Eyed: Cosmic Hearse

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2011-May-15 1:31 am 

I've been wanting to get into EDH but due to my work schedule I can't make it to most events - any EDH groups meeting in East Portland on weekends?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2011-May-25 9:51 pm 

none that i know of but we could make it happen. a lot of us live on that side of town. tuesday nights at red castle games is the best. free to play, dollar shots at the bar down the street, best competition, and you get to meet me.

amen.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2011-May-26 9:27 am 

wasmachstdugern wrote:
none that i know of but we could make it happen. a lot of us live on that side of town. tuesday nights at red castle games is the best. free to play, dollar shots at the bar down the street, best competition, and you get to meet me.

amen.

well if i could get down there then i would, but considering i ride trimet and usually work in gresham until six, i'd be pretty late and not have much time to play.

if you're up for it and we can find more people, we could def start a weekend edh group. either pm me or find me on the edh irc sometime

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2011-Jun-12 11:02 am 

wasmachstdugern wrote:
... dollar shots at the bar down the street, best competition, and you get to meet me.

amen.

I like the dollar shots more!! :P

End of Line

odit wrote:

This.

DECKS:

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2011-Jun-18 3:27 pm 

Just getting back into Magic and figured I would start with the new Commander decks to get my interest back up in the game. I already grabbed a few of the decks, but now I am looking where to play for the launch parties. Obviously this is a little late but does anyone know a good place to go that may have something starting tonight? Most started at noon but I was working then so hopefully there is a decent place later that is holding one.

I also only have the pre-constructed ones put together so a place that is only playing them would be preferable since these decks can't stand up against a really finely tuned EDH deck.

Thanks!

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2011-Jun-21 1:38 am 

Hey Jak,
I'm just getting into EDH and go the Heavenly Inferno deck... I'd be happy to meet up and play sometime. I live near Loki's on Woodstock, and they have casual play on Thursdays from 2 pm til close.

Also, consider Thursday nights at Guardian Games. I went there this past Thursday with a Jor Kadeen EDH deck I built that is very subpar compared to what others were playing.... but the thing was I never had so much fun getting my butt kicked. Doesn't really matter if your deck needs work, multiplayer is still a lot of fun.

Email me at pdxpaperpauper@gmail.com if you want.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2011-Jun-21 8:15 am 

Hey Jak!! Nice to see your still lurking around, like I am.

Most shops didn't hold a release event and almost all of them are sold out of the decks!! As stated above, Red Castle Games on SE Foster road seems to be the hot spot for all the EDH madness. I haven't been out to Other Worlds recently, but check with those guys.

End of Line

odit wrote:

This.

DECKS:

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next