Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2018-Nov-18 8:46 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 285 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: Forum Game: I Need A Hero!
AgePosted: 2018-Jul-05 4:30 am 

I mean... it's just kind of a generic mana denial card. Thematically it fits the most with Shattergang Brothers, and it's the kind of card that certainly needs to be in at least a Jund combination.

Herald of Leshrac

III Omnath, Locus of Mana III Thada Adel, Acquisitor III Geth, Lord of the Vault III Eight-and-a-Half-Tails III Zo-Zu the Punisher III BruseIkra III Kynaios and Tiro of Meletis III Kess, Dissident Mage, III AkriSilas III Grenzo, Havoc Raiser III Ghalta, Primal Hunger III Ambassador Laquatus III Anax and Cymede III Sidisi, Brood Tyrant III Shu Yun, the Silent Tempest III Ghave, Guru of Spores III Zurgo Helmsmasher III Yidris, Maelstrom Wielder III

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Jul-05 8:50 am 

Holy crap how did I not know about Dead Man's Chest. That card is a slam dunk auto-include in Ramses Overdark (if I'd seen the post before SuperStrength replied, that would have been my answer)

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

"I'm happy to serve as a quote machine" - Sheldon

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Jul-05 9:45 am 

Uktabi_Kong wrote:

Herald wants to be in a The Gitrog Monster deck or a Dakkon Blackblade deck. The former would love to eat his own lands for card draw and having opponent lands could help you cast spells, and Dakkon would just want them for buffs.

A dirty trick with Herald of Leshrac is to slap an Assault Suit on him and never have to worry about not having lands to steal.

Next card: Lifecraft Awakening

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Jul-27 12:22 am 

Superstrength79 wrote:

I'd give this to Experiment Kraj.

Most green decks would just use this to give creatures +1/+1 counters, or to pop out a Signet as a surprise blocker for 2 mana or something, but there's better things they can do than have this card. Glissa, the Traitor would care about artifacts slightly more and capitalise more on that.

But if you've got Experiment Kraj sitting around, you can now give him the activated abilities of any fun artifact you've got sitting around, like Contagion Engine or Thran Temporal Gateway. If you don't have an artifact sitting around, you can do something like pay 2 mana to put a +1/+1 counter on Kydele then activate her ability from both of them for net mana gain if you drew a few cards this turn. (whoops, still only targets artifacts.)

Next card: Hamletback Goliath

Last edited by spacemonaut on 2018-Jul-28 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Jul-27 9:41 pm 

spacemonaut wrote:
Superstrength79 wrote:

I'd give this to Experiment Kraj.

If you don't have an artifact sitting around, you can do something like pay 2 mana to put a +1/+1 counter on Kydele then activate her ability from both of them for net mana gain if you drew a few cards this turn.

It can only target artifacts. But still, clever choice.

spacemonaut wrote:

That synergizes in several ways with Najeela. It's a Warrior, so she makes a token when it attacks. Her tokens make it bigger. And she can give it lifelink and trample and extra attacks.

Honorable mentions to Anax and Cymede, Brion Stoutarm, Bruse Tarl, and Tibor and Lumia.

Next: Celestial Force

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Jul-27 11:40 pm 

NMS wrote:
It can only target artifacts. But still, clever choice.

Oof! Thanks, I must have been thinking of it targeting artifact creatures.
(Also, wow, I might need to try a Najeela deck soon...)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Jul-28 12:24 pm 

I've played against one, and she's pretty gross.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Aug-04 4:37 pm 

Celestial Force

Horde of Notions- I don't see it making the cut outside of a dedicated elemental build. Cheating it into play for 5 may be worth it.

Rite of Passage

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Aug-05 4:24 pm 

Jelik wrote:

It's Fungusaur for all your dudes!

I imagine it probably wants to live in some b/g deck with a lot of Pestilence-style effects.

My first choice would be Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest since he plays in the same broadly-applied +1/+1 counter universe, but, I think there could be a Pir, Imaginative Rascal/Toothy, Imaginary Friend pile as well.

Or, maybe Ulrich of the Krallenhorde, because it could work with the fight mechanic.

Next up: Liliana's Contract. (Please not Belzenlok.)

Follow me on Twitter: @generalspeak

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Aug-05 4:47 pm 

Sinis wrote:
Next up: Liliana's Contract. (Please not Belzenlok.)

I'd be tempted to put this in a Demon-only Kaalia deck, using white to go find the enchantment and red for... shenanigans and the odd multicolour demon.

Next card: Incremental Blight

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

"I'm happy to serve as a quote machine" - Sheldon

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Aug-05 9:18 pm 

Viperion wrote:

Hapatra, Vizier of Poisons. You're running a token swarm and -1/-1 counter deck. Here's all the gears Incremental Blight can help turn in this deck, in addition to you removing or weakening 3 cratures:

This deck may also be running Archetype of Finality, Beastmaster Ascension, Creakwood Liege, and Driven // Despair.

Incremental Blight seems pretty nice in this overall gameplan, I think.

Bramble Sovereign

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Aug-06 8:27 am 

spacemonaut wrote:
Bramble Sovereign

Well the title of the thread is "I need a hero", but this guy... does not. He will be good in pretty much any green deck.

That being said, the most interesting thing I could think of is to pair him up with the new Thantis, the Warweaver.
Make your opponents have extra guys that are forced to attack. Make copies of Hornet Queen and Watcher in the Web to make sure you can block any that come your way.

He kinda also makes Jugan less bad... but still...

Anyways, next card, Skull Storm from the new commander sets. Now that is a card that needs a hero.

Riku: Pump Spells
Teneb: Life Manipulation
Kiki-Jiki: Big Red
Geth: Nim
Kodama of the North Tree: Hard Mode Voltron
Nin: Elementals
Sram: Jankstorm
Zur: Zombies
Rhys the Redeemed: Aura Voltron
Chandra, Fire of Kaladesh: Chandras
Ojutai, Soul of Winter: Tap Out Control
Alesha: Allies
Inalla: Treasures
Vial Smasher: Lava Axes
Atraxa: Counterless Keywords
Ludevic and Tymna: Curses

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Aug-06 11:58 am 

Hmmm... this is a tough one. Let's see... a commander with a black CI, tends to produce lots of mana, tends to clear the opponent's board a lot, preferably cheap, and preferably in a deck where they die and get recasted often. Also, some kind of life loss subtheme would be great as well.

In the end, I think the winner will be Karador, Ghost Chieftain who not only can produce tons of mana, but also lowers his own casting cost, and also has tons of life-death shenanigans and Grave Pact effects. Runners up included Kess, Dissident Mage, Jelvala, Nephalia's Scourge, Kresh, the Bloodbraided, and Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord.

Next card: Jugan, the Rising Star. As a member of the 99

III Omnath, Locus of Mana III Thada Adel, Acquisitor III Geth, Lord of the Vault III Eight-and-a-Half-Tails III Zo-Zu the Punisher III BruseIkra III Kynaios and Tiro of Meletis III Kess, Dissident Mage, III AkriSilas III Grenzo, Havoc Raiser III Ghalta, Primal Hunger III Ambassador Laquatus III Anax and Cymede III Sidisi, Brood Tyrant III Shu Yun, the Silent Tempest III Ghave, Guru of Spores III Zurgo Helmsmasher III Yidris, Maelstrom Wielder III

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Aug-06 12:56 pm 

Uktabi_Kong wrote:

I see what you did there.

Riku: Pump Spells
Teneb: Life Manipulation
Kiki-Jiki: Big Red
Geth: Nim
Kodama of the North Tree: Hard Mode Voltron
Nin: Elementals
Sram: Jankstorm
Zur: Zombies
Rhys the Redeemed: Aura Voltron
Chandra, Fire of Kaladesh: Chandras
Ojutai, Soul of Winter: Tap Out Control
Alesha: Allies
Inalla: Treasures
Vial Smasher: Lava Axes
Atraxa: Counterless Keywords
Ludevic and Tymna: Curses

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Aug-06 5:17 pm 

Uktabi_Kong wrote:

Oddly, I've never seen this guy be anywhere near as bad as people claim he is! The obvious answers are Marath, Will of the Wild, or Animar, Soul of Elements- but my favorite home for him is Ulasht, the Hate Seed where Fling tricks and tools like Goblin Bombardment are more the general focus of things. Skullbriar, the Walking Grave is also a perfect home for it. In either case, I'm a big fan of Death's Presence in these kinds of decks for how they overlap with Jugan or Increasing Savagery for pseudo-Kresh action.

Up next, Crater Hellion- or if it's been done, maybe Embermaw Hellion?

Defender
Wall of chat exceeds at using a lot of words to mischaracterize opposing view points.

Warp Riders (Ephara Solar Flare)

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 285 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 19  Next