Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2017-Sep-25 8:29 am

Post subject: Re: Fury Road
AgePosted: 2017-Mar-07 5:34 am 

Oxidda Daredevil helps your artifacts dodge exile removal as well. Best when combined with silly things like Mycosynth Wellspring, Ichor Wellspring, and the new implements. Also, how else are you going to *crash* your vehicles? lol

Well, I guess Bosh, Iron Golem could help you wreck your cars as well.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Mar-11 4:37 pm 

I'm actually a fan of making Alesha, Who Smiles At Death the General here. She's suits Furiosa more in spirit, if not in anatomy- Max too to be perfectly blunt. She represents that whole "ultimate survivor vibe" admirably- and caries that wasteland fury that the Mardu are noted for. Ontop of that, the Mardu are good at creating tokens, which crew the vehicles well. Top that with tricks like Fell the Mighty and Second Sunrise- it becomes clear how perfect Alesha is to "retaliate first."

A couple other cool ideas...

Fleetwheel Cruiser altered to be a Ford Falcon
Aradara Express altered to be the Buzzards' War Rig
Ballista Charger altered as one of the cars with a mounted gun.
Peacewalker Colossus altered as the Giga-Horse
Heart of Kiran altered as Furiosa's war rig (since your heroes can pilot it.)

EDIT: Also think Mageta the Lion would make a perfect Immorten Joe

Defender
Wall of chat exceeds at using a lot of words to mischaracterize opposing view points.

Warp Riders (Ephara Solar Flare)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Mar-13 9:06 am 

I do like Alesha a whole lot but I really wanted Max to be the head of the deck.

Black is definitely missed in Jor Kadeen's colors but I think "The Prevailer" works well for Max. I'm still slowly putting the pieces to this together and should have a decklist soon.

Starke of Rath -> Wrath of Starke: MRC

Proving Grounds: Drawmia-maro, Titania When Lands Attack, Tromokratis Read it Again, Kaalia's Klerics, Hordes of Tribes.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Mar-17 3:28 am 

According to the MTG lore, Alesha is a tranny, so he could still qualify to be Max.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Apr-23 4:16 am 

Superstrength79 wrote:
According to the MTG lore, Alesha is a tranny, so he could still qualify to be Max.

Hello, intreped here, going into word police mode:

"Tranny" is currently considered a derogatory term by many, although there are also significantly many who disagree and think the word should be embraced. I personally would not have used it here, because this is the internet and anyone could take offense to my using it even if in reality I were someone who had "earned the right" to use it by being transgender/genderqueer myself.

Another reason to use a different word instead is to avoid ambiguity. I had no knowledge of Alesha's backstory, so from your post I had to wonder whether Alesha is a transman or transwoman. Based on your use of the word "he" I would assume transman, but it turns out she is actually a transwoman (born with boy parts, woman-identified). The convention is to use the gender pronouns that match the person's current gender, not the parts they were born with.

On another note, I don't think Alesha's transgender status is relevant to the point; you absolutely can use her to represent a male character regardless. Laquatus could absolutely be Ariel in a Disneyworld-themed deck, who cares?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Apr-23 12:50 pm 

I am of the "Mel Brooks" school of thought when it comes to derogatory names. Words only have power if you give them power. That being said I am aware that others take offense and so I personally try to avoid them.

Alesha would make a good commander for a Mad Max themed deck with Furiosa at the helm.

Starke of Rath -> Wrath of Starke: MRC

Proving Grounds: Drawmia-maro, Titania When Lands Attack, Tromokratis Read it Again, Kaalia's Klerics, Hordes of Tribes.

Offline Profile