Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Jul-23 7:37 pm

Post subject: Time to Allow legendary sorceries as Commanders!
AgePosted: 2018-Apr-01 11:07 am 

It's clearly time to legalize legendary sorceries as Commanders. They have more historical significance in the story than most Legendary creatures, they are inherently less broken than many of the exclusive Commanders (Prossh, Derevi, etc...), and frankly, spells are just not as good as creatures, these days.

I would like to see some cool and interesting builds based around sorceries, and I think it's well within reason for the RC to legalize them and ban whatever is broken, just like we do already with Legends. Overall, I think more freedom is usually better within the bounds of a casual format, and there aren't any sorceries that are going to be as bad for the format as Leovold, Braids, or Griselbrand.

My playgroup has been allowing legendary sorceries as commanders since they were spoiled, and we haven't had any problems. They love when I play my Karn's Temporal Sundering deck, since they can play two games at once!

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Time to Allow legendary sorceries as Commanders!
AgePosted: 2018-Apr-02 12:18 am 

NMS wrote:
They love when I play my Karn's Temporal Sundering deck, since they can play two games at once!

Is the second game played with different decks whilst you're busy taking your turns in the first game?

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Time to Allow legendary sorceries as Commanders!
AgePosted: 2018-Apr-03 5:29 pm 

That was part of the joke, yes. I designed the decklist to have ways to assemble an infinite turns lock, but not do it super reliably, so you would usually have to play it out to find out if you get the lock or run out of mana and have to let your opponents go again.

Offline Profile