Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2018-May-25 8:34 pm

Post subject: Re: Thought Experiment: Bringing Back Banned as Commander
AgePosted: 2017-Jun-06 2:17 am 

iplaymtg wrote:
Mr Degradation wrote:
This might be the saddest thing I've read here. So, uh- you know that brick and mortar cardshops are a place to make friends, right? Like, most people who go to a brick and mortar frequently, are doing so for the social environment. If you aren't making friends to play EDH with at a brick and mortar, why are you posting here?

I'm not quite sure if you're trying to be horrible or just lacking basic skills related to human decency, but I'm going to assume the latter. In any case, isn't guff and effrontery like this not allowed in this forum?

I would suggest a more forgiving reading of what Degradation posted.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jun-06 4:34 am 

iplaymtg wrote:
Mr Degradation wrote:
This might be the saddest thing I've read here. So, uh- you know that brick and mortar cardshops are a place to make friends, right? Like, most people who go to a brick and mortar frequently, are doing so for the social environment. If you aren't making friends to play EDH with at a brick and mortar, why are you posting here?

I'm not quite sure if you're trying to be horrible or just lacking basic skills related to human decency, but I'm going to assume the latter. In any case, isn't guff and effrontery like this not allowed in this forum?

Woah, bud. I don't mean to cause duress, but that definitely wasn't written with the same tone it was read with. What I was getting at is that your statement seemed sensitive, but didn't make a whole lot of sense, in that brick and mortars exist purely for social environment. Other members of the forum have voiced their anxiety about using modified rulesets frequently, due to conditions regarding one or more LGS in their area- which makes sense. However, brick and mortars are some of the easiest places to meet friends to play magic with if you just really like the game- which is why I've run into so many playgroups with house rules or hard lines drawn- and usually when speaking to a prospective member of these groups, we have to be very forward about what the group is comfortable with- and a huge part of Commander is supporting that concept.

I'm not calling you a "sad person", but saying that if you can't find acquaintances who want to semi-frequently meet to explore what form of EDH works for your in-group; then it is unfortuante- because it really is one of the best gaming experiences that I've gotten to partake in :\.

There are ofcourse, complicating factors- but if you just show up to a B&M enough, you'll likely find an in-group- and EDH is built to ofcourse to cater to any in-group that partakes. It's the type of play that the format is built from it's foundation to support.

Defender
Wall of chat exceeds at using a lot of words to mischaracterize opposing view points.

Warp Riders (Ephara Solar Flare)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Dec-15 1:56 pm 

I do miss having Braids in my Nath stax deck, my meta is as cutthroat as it can get and having the BAC list back wouldn't make a dent on that, just give us more tools to have fun. Murderous fun but still good.

Offline Profile