Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Dec-11 11:41 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
 Post subject: Re: Commander FAQ and Dumb Question Station
AgePosted: 2019-Jul-09 10:31 am 

On a similar (but serious) note:

Someone should unpin the old Philosophy Statement and replace it with the new one on the Announcements page.

Current Deck-building Project(s):

Izoni, Thousand Eyed (Elf Tribal-ish)
Building $15-25 "Intro to Commander" Decks for my Local LGS

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jul-10 8:09 am 

Also, the ban page needs some work. Hulk is still crossed out. And only PE shows as a new ban, but Iona is listed

No, I think he's right. I'm just all butt-hurt over prophet.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Oct-24 10:09 pm 

Two quotes from this forum post, and then main page Play: #9

“Tuck” refers to the ability some cards have to put a commander into its owner's library (see Condemn, Spell Crumple or Warp World). You don't have the option to send your commander to the command zone instead of putting it in your library. The location of each commander is open information (everyone should always know what zone each commander is in), but you don't get to know where in your library your commander is. If you prefer to keep your commander in a differently-coloured sleeve (I do), you should swap it for a regular one before putting it in your library.
?

From Main Commander Rules page under : Play, Rule #9
If a Commander would be put into a library, hand, graveyard or exile from anywhere, its owner may choose to move it to the command zone instead. Details

So these conflict each other saying the player CAN take it from library and hand and put it into the CZ, then under "Tuck" option from this first post in forums it says you CAN'T have that option. Having slight argument over this at our Local game shops, since under WotC rules the CAN'T overrides the CAN for gameplay.
Which is correct: they CAN or CANNOT place it back into their CZ when opponent or ability forces them to place it in their library or hand? And can the main page rule #9 then be changed, or the forum post be changed, so they agree with each other?
Thanks. :D

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Oct-24 10:26 pm 

Dan_the_ArenaJudge wrote:
Which is correct: they CAN or CANNOT place it back into their CZ when opponent or ability forces them to place it in their library or hand? And can the main page rule #9 then be changed, or the forum post be changed, so they agree with each other?

The correct result (currently) is that you CAN place your commander back into the CZ if it is going to any zone other than the battlefield (or the stack I think.)

The reason for these conflicting posts, is that this rule has changed over the years, and some of the posts are pre-change (when you could only put it into the CZ if it was going to the graveyard or exile) and the rules are the current rules (where you usually get that choice when your commander makes a zone change.)

When the rule was changed, the main page rule #9 was updated to reflect that. I'm not sure how easy it is to change the forums posts.

Hope that helps!

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Oct-25 1:12 am 

Carthain wrote:
Dan_the_ArenaJudge wrote:

The correct result (currently) is that you CAN place your commander back into the CZ if it is going to any zone other than the battlefield (or the stack I think.)

The reason for these conflicting posts, is that this rule has changed over the years, and some of the posts are pre-change (when you could only put it into the CZ if it was going to the graveyard or exile) and the rules are the current rules (where you usually get that choice when your commander makes a zone change.)

When the rule was changed, the main page rule #9 was updated to reflect that. I'm not sure how easy it is to change the forums posts.

Hope that helps!

I doubt people will go back and change posts, also it is kinda interesting having a historical record of how things change and what opinions people had about different topics.

With perfect mana, reasonable removal, disruption, and card advantage, we're back to pitchforks and torches. And it's about to get worse for those who do not enjoy the game as Richard Garfield intended, playing as few win conditions as possible and prompting concession after all hopes (and spells) are lost. - Shaheen Soorani

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17