Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Dec-11 11:15 pm

Post subject: A date with the spade — Ghoulcaller Gisa
AgePosted: 2019-Nov-13 10:32 am 

Dearly beloved.

We have gathered here on this day, to celebrate a union born from love. Love brought them together and love will guide them throughout the beautiful adventure we call life. It won't always be easy and at times, you might even feel like the world is out to get you, but just remember, that you'll always have one another and that together, you can overcome any obstacle.

Now, it's time to seal that love with the vow of marriage. And so I ask:

Do you, Gisa Ghoulington N.D., take this spade as your lawful husband? Do you vow to love it and cherish it, to, at every opportunity, dig X holes, where X is the power of the creature you just sacrificed together, through countless visits to the command zone and back, till the end of time?

Gisa wrote:
I do.
Aww, look at them, they look so happy together! And together they shall stay, because there's a lot of shovelin' to do. Gisa takes large creatures and disassembles them into many small creatures. How to take advantage of that? First, an important decision: tribal or goodstuff? I went with goodstuff.

Quote:
These two are so versatile and can help in so many situations, they deserve to be listed extra. And where else should a dream wedding take place than in the field of giant rune-covered floating cubes, under a towering statue of Cthulhu himself? (I also play Westvale Abbey, but that's where the afterparty is being held 8) )

Quote:
This is my creature base right now. The first group are the ones whose sole purpose is to be big and meet the spade. The next two groups are those whom I'd prefer to let live in most cases, but can be processed as well in a pinch. Pontiff of Blight is just crystallized delight. You haven't truly lived until you've murdered somebody with a topdeck-mode Mind Stone :twisted:

Quote:

Quote:
Aaand all the rest. Some cards are better here than elsewhere, especially Sword of Vengeance is a card that normally doesn't make it into my decks, but here, it lets Gisa actually attack and generally be a threat by herself, which was unheard of before I added it. In the same vein, Strider Harness is normally seen as "Bad Boots", but here, the +1/+1 it provides is much more relevant. Also, Void Maw is a hidden gem that keeps on giving.

Waiting list:

Mimic Vat
Phyrexian Processor
Hunted Horror
Clackbridge Troll
Traxos, Scourge of Kroog
Puppeteer Clique
Bolas's Citadel
K'rrik, Son of Yawgmoth
Ancient Stone Idol
Graf Harvest
Liliana, Dreadhorde General

As usual, comments and suggestions are very welcome!

Antis, out.

In my late teens I was a Spike.
In my 20's I was a Johnny.
Now, I just like to play.
'Active decks' list here.
Currently hiring servants for my palace, made from my own walls of text.

Last edited by Antis on 2019-Nov-13 6:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: A date with the spade — Ghoulcaller Gisa
AgePosted: 2019-Nov-13 12:59 pm 

You might want to consider Thornbite Staff, since you can use it to repeatedly activate Gisa in a turn. Also, Grafted Wargear is free to equip and gives +3 zombies when you snackrifice something. Using the two, you could quickly generate a huge zombie horde... equip Gisa with the staff and something expendable with the wargear. Sac the thing for X+3 zombies, untapping Gisa... equip a zombie with the wargear (giving it 5 power) and sac that zombie, getting 5 more zombies and untapping Gisa... repeat as much as you have black mana.

Edit: Also, if you're saccing non-tokens, Harvester of Souls seems good. Also, I see you have Liliana, Dreadhorde General on your list... she is ridiculously powerful, although be wary about that draw ability - it's not a may.

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: A date with the spade — Ghoulcaller Gisa
AgePosted: 2019-Nov-13 6:24 pm 

Very good suggestions, thanks! I always think of Thornbite Staff as "that Shaman equipment" when I really shouldn't.

In my late teens I was a Spike.
In my 20's I was a Johnny.
Now, I just like to play.
'Active decks' list here.
Currently hiring servants for my palace, made from my own walls of text.

Offline Profile