Login | Register


All times are UTC - 7 hours


It is currently 2019-Sep-15 7:03 am




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Generals
AgePosted: 2010-Sep-26 7:27 pm 

Joined: 2010-Sep-11 12:19 pm
Age: Elder Dragon
pyroclown wrote:
If built correctly and with some money Erayo can go off turn 2 or 3 with counters backing it and with the capability to play an enchantment that makes you not able to cast more then one spell a turn...seems banworthy, but hey the guy that was playing me thought it was a good time.



Erayo goes off turn 1.
What nonesense are you thinking?
Turn 2, drop Arcane Laboratory.

/Game.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Generals
AgePosted: 2010-Sep-27 9:32 pm 
User avatar

Joined: 2008-Sep-15 10:38 pm
Age: Elder Dragon
Location: Portland, OR
Joz wrote:
pyroclown wrote:
If built correctly and with some money Erayo can go off turn 2 or 3 with counters backing it and with the capability to play an enchantment that makes you not able to cast more then one spell a turn...seems banworthy, but hey the guy that was playing me thought it was a good time.



Erayo goes off turn 1.
What nonesense are you thinking?
Turn 2, drop Arcane Laboratory.

/Game.

Real men win with man-lands.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Generals
AgePosted: 2010-Sep-28 10:13 am 

Joined: 2009-Jan-23 11:34 am
Age: Elder Dragon
paperwarrior wrote:
Real men ride their man-lands to the finish.

I fixed it for you.

_________________
Spekter wrote:
niheloim wrote:
Aggravated Assault + Bear Umbra = My attempt to make my group move to ban Uril.
That's not ban-worthy, that's the spirit of EDH. Three-card combo involving the combat phase? Awesome.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Generals
AgePosted: 2010-Sep-28 1:33 pm 
User avatar

Joined: 2009-Jul-13 6:05 pm
Age: Elder Dragon
Location: Monmouth, OR
Erayo only flips turn 1 realistically if you're playing with the multiplayer ban list. But why would you use a ban list designed for multiplayer when you're playing a 1v1 game?

_________________
onlainari the ragequitter: http://www.mtgcommander.net/Forum/viewt ... 199#p72199

CommanderCast: Community, Strategy, and Technology: http://www.commandercast.com/

Occupy Kokusho


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Generals
AgePosted: 2010-Sep-28 3:39 pm 

Joined: 2010-Sep-11 12:19 pm
Age: Elder Dragon
Surging Chaos wrote:
Erayo only flips turn 1 realistically if you're playing with the multiplayer ban list. But why would you use a ban list designed for multiplayer when you're playing a 1v1 game?

I beg to differ.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Generals
AgePosted: 2010-Sep-29 6:10 pm 
User avatar

Joined: 2009-Jul-13 6:05 pm
Age: Elder Dragon
Location: Monmouth, OR
Joz wrote:
Surging Chaos wrote:
Erayo only flips turn 1 realistically if you're playing with the multiplayer ban list. But why would you use a ban list designed for multiplayer when you're playing a 1v1 game?

I beg to differ.


Show me how Erayo flips turn 1 consistently using either the French or MTGS ban list that does not theorycraft extremely rare god hands.

_________________
onlainari the ragequitter: http://www.mtgcommander.net/Forum/viewt ... 199#p72199

CommanderCast: Community, Strategy, and Technology: http://www.commandercast.com/

Occupy Kokusho


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Generals
AgePosted: 2010-Sep-29 6:32 pm 

Joined: 2010-Sep-11 12:19 pm
Age: Elder Dragon
Surging Chaos wrote:
Joz wrote:
Surging Chaos wrote:
Erayo only flips turn 1 realistically if you're playing with the multiplayer ban list. But why would you use a ban list designed for multiplayer when you're playing a 1v1 game?

I beg to differ.


Show me how Erayo flips turn 1 consistently using either the French or MTGS ban list that does not theorycraft extremely rare god hands.


lots of 0-cost artifacts, quite easy.
1 island
any free mana generator.

heck, if my friend can build a turn 2-3 wrexial, i can build a turn 1 Erayo. Reliably.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Generals
AgePosted: 2010-Sep-29 10:24 pm 
User avatar

Joined: 2008-Sep-15 10:38 pm
Age: Elder Dragon
Location: Portland, OR
Joz wrote:
lots of 0-cost artifacts, quite easy.
1 island
any free mana generator.

heck, if my friend can build a turn 2-3 wrexial, i can build a turn 1 Erayo. Reliably.

Chrome Mox
Lotus Petal
Mox Diamond
Mox Opal

Chrome needs a blue card in hand.
Diamond needs another land in hand
Opal needs an artifact land otherwise Erayo is the fourth spell
Mana Crypt is banned on the French and MTGS lists.

Did I miss any?


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Generals
AgePosted: 2010-Sep-29 10:44 pm 
User avatar

Joined: 2009-Oct-18 8:52 pm
Age: Elder Dragon
Location: Oz
paperwarrior wrote:
Joz wrote:
lots of 0-cost artifacts, quite easy.
1 island
any free mana generator.

heck, if my friend can build a turn 2-3 wrexial, i can build a turn 1 Erayo. Reliably.

Chrome Mox - needs a blue card in hand.
Lotus Petal
Mox Diamond - needs another land in hand
Mox Opal - needs a Seat otherwise Erayo is the fourth spell
Mana Crypt is banned on the French and MTGS lists.

Did I miss any?

If your land for the turn was R&D's Secret Lair then you could tap the Diamond in response to the "sac it" trigger, and it would still count as having been played.
Still that's a pretty fucking narrow list.

_________________
Kalterwolf wrote:
Shatter and Bloodshot Trainee may be confirmed via Orb of Insight, but dont quote me on it.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Generals
AgePosted: 2010-Sep-29 11:33 pm 

Joined: 2010-Sep-11 12:19 pm
Age: Elder Dragon
Or, you could even play 2(3) color (as long as Eyro is in hand) and run Spirit Guides as well (and a blue land that etb untapped.)

But, agian, its not hard to pull off.

You also missed Gemstone Caverns


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Generals
AgePosted: 2010-Sep-29 11:48 pm 
User avatar

Joined: 2010-Jun-13 2:13 am
Age: Elder Dragon
Location: Memphis, TN
Quote:
Or, you could even play 2(3) color (as long as Eyro is in hand) and run Spirit Guides as well (and a blue land that etb untapped.)
Are you still talking about EDH?

_________________
CR 905.1. Haters gonna hate. It's not a may ability.
Were you blown away by the insight and hilarity of this post? Damn. Try CommanderCast anyway!


Last edited by Fugu on 2010-Sep-30 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Generals
AgePosted: 2010-Sep-29 11:51 pm 

Joined: 2010-Sep-11 12:19 pm
Age: Elder Dragon
Fugu wrote:

yeap. eyro doesn't have to be your general.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Generals
AgePosted: 2010-Sep-30 6:08 am 
User avatar

Joined: 2010-May-24 10:53 am
Age: Elder Dragon
Location: OH
I think when you assume Erayo isn't the general, flipping him turn 1 is highly unrealistic and falls into the category of "Rare God Hands".

If your deck is simply dedicated to forcing the flip, It can be done Turn 1 probably about half the time. But the deck needs win-cons too which is usually why Erayo decks are super retarded.. You get the flip Turn 2-3 (reliably, Turn 1 is mostly luck) and you tutor up Arcane Lab and then everyone gets to watch you, dick in hand (or fingers in twat - gender equality) while you draw bad 1-0 drops and wait for your win con. Fun, right?

_________________
Fugu wrote:
"You promised me that we would phase out, away from all this violence and strife!" Teferi pleaded.
"We shall, but not before those who have wronged you are driven to hell," Kaervek replied mercilessly.




Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Generals
AgePosted: 2010-Sep-30 8:17 am 
User avatar

Joined: 2009-Aug-20 7:49 pm
Age: Elder Dragon
Location: New Hampshire
And then turn 20 or so someone rips Vexing Shusher, forces through some enchantment wipe and the face-beating commences in earnest.

_________________
"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Generals
AgePosted: 2010-Sep-30 10:13 am 

Joined: 2010-Sep-11 12:19 pm
Age: Elder Dragon
Ziontific wrote:
I think when you assume Erayo isn't the general, flipping him turn 1 is highly unrealistic and falls into the category of "Rare God Hands".

If your deck is simply dedicated to forcing the flip, It can be done Turn 1 probably about half the time. But the deck needs win-cons too which is usually why Erayo decks are super retarded.. You get the flip Turn 2-3 (reliably, Turn 1 is mostly luck) and you tutor up Arcane Lab and then everyone gets to watch you, dick in hand (or fingers in twat - gender equality) while you draw bad 1-0 drops and wait for your win con. Fun, right?

Win con with Erayo is easy. Add Bribery, Echo Mage, Bosium Strip, and a few other cards. Most players run at least 1-2 fatties in any given deck (AT LEAST.) And short of a r/g/+ player showing up with Shusher, Erayo can force through several different win conditions (my favorite being build up to infinite mana slowly with capsize/cube and then doing an infinite Jace(1.0) bounce and "target player draws". Otherwise, my friend in his T1/2 Erayo uses the unblockable level up. Heck, you can run prodigal sorcerer + pemmins/freed and have a very reliable win condition. Or, show and tell/Flash into an eldrazi or equaly big fatty.

Though, I'm still a fan of B/U control tutoring out Erayo.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: