Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Sep-15 7:03 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Generals
AgePosted: 2010-Sep-26 7:27 pm 

pyroclown wrote:
If built correctly and with some money Erayo can go off turn 2 or 3 with counters backing it and with the capability to play an enchantment that makes you not able to cast more then one spell a turn...seems banworthy, but hey the guy that was playing me thought it was a good time.

Erayo goes off turn 1.
What nonesense are you thinking?
Turn 2, drop Arcane Laboratory.

/Game.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2010-Sep-27 9:32 pm 

Joz wrote:
pyroclown wrote:
If built correctly and with some money Erayo can go off turn 2 or 3 with counters backing it and with the capability to play an enchantment that makes you not able to cast more then one spell a turn...seems banworthy, but hey the guy that was playing me thought it was a good time.

Erayo goes off turn 1.
What nonesense are you thinking?
Turn 2, drop Arcane Laboratory.

/Game.

Real men win with man-lands.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2010-Sep-28 10:13 am 

paperwarrior wrote:
Real men ride their man-lands to the finish.

I fixed it for you.

That's not ban-worthy, that's the spirit of EDH. Three-card combo involving the combat phase? Awesome.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2010-Sep-28 1:33 pm 

Erayo only flips turn 1 realistically if you're playing with the multiplayer ban list. But why would you use a ban list designed for multiplayer when you're playing a 1v1 game?

CommanderCast: Community, Strategy, and Technology: http://www.commandercast.com/

Occupy Kokusho

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2010-Sep-28 3:39 pm 

Surging Chaos wrote:
Erayo only flips turn 1 realistically if you're playing with the multiplayer ban list. But why would you use a ban list designed for multiplayer when you're playing a 1v1 game?

I beg to differ.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2010-Sep-29 6:10 pm 

Joz wrote:
Surging Chaos wrote:

I beg to differ.

Show me how Erayo flips turn 1 consistently using either the French or MTGS ban list that does not theorycraft extremely rare god hands.

CommanderCast: Community, Strategy, and Technology: http://www.commandercast.com/

Occupy Kokusho

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2010-Sep-29 6:32 pm 

Surging Chaos wrote:
Joz wrote:
Surging Chaos wrote:

I beg to differ.

Show me how Erayo flips turn 1 consistently using either the French or MTGS ban list that does not theorycraft extremely rare god hands.

lots of 0-cost artifacts, quite easy.
1 island
any free mana generator.

heck, if my friend can build a turn 2-3 wrexial, i can build a turn 1 Erayo. Reliably.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2010-Sep-29 10:24 pm 

Joz wrote:
1 island
any free mana generator.

heck, if my friend can build a turn 2-3 wrexial, i can build a turn 1 Erayo. Reliably.

Chrome Mox
Lotus Petal
Mox Diamond
Mox Opal

Chrome needs a blue card in hand.
Diamond needs another land in hand
Opal needs an artifact land otherwise Erayo is the fourth spell
Mana Crypt is banned on the French and MTGS lists.

Did I miss any?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2010-Sep-29 10:44 pm 

paperwarrior wrote:
Joz wrote:
1 island
any free mana generator.

Chrome Mox - needs a blue card in hand.
Lotus Petal
Mox Diamond - needs another land in hand
Mox Opal - needs a Seat otherwise Erayo is the fourth spell
Mana Crypt is banned on the French and MTGS lists.

Did I miss any?

If your land for the turn was R&D's Secret Lair then you could tap the Diamond in response to the "sac it" trigger, and it would still count as having been played.
Still that's a pretty fucking narrow list.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2010-Sep-29 11:33 pm 

Or, you could even play 2(3) color (as long as Eyro is in hand) and run Spirit Guides as well (and a blue land that etb untapped.)

But, agian, its not hard to pull off.

You also missed Gemstone Caverns

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2010-Sep-29 11:48 pm 

Quote:
Or, you could even play 2(3) color (as long as Eyro is in hand) and run Spirit Guides as well (and a blue land that etb untapped.)
Are you still talking about EDH?

Last edited by Fugu on 2010-Sep-30 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2010-Sep-29 11:51 pm 

Fugu wrote:

yeap. eyro doesn't have to be your general.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2010-Sep-30 6:08 am 

I think when you assume Erayo isn't the general, flipping him turn 1 is highly unrealistic and falls into the category of "Rare God Hands".

If your deck is simply dedicated to forcing the flip, It can be done Turn 1 probably about half the time. But the deck needs win-cons too which is usually why Erayo decks are super retarded.. You get the flip Turn 2-3 (reliably, Turn 1 is mostly luck) and you tutor up Arcane Lab and then everyone gets to watch you, dick in hand (or fingers in twat - gender equality) while you draw bad 1-0 drops and wait for your win con. Fun, right?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2010-Sep-30 8:17 am 

And then turn 20 or so someone rips Vexing Shusher, forces through some enchantment wipe and the face-beating commences in earnest.

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2010-Sep-30 10:13 am 

Ziontific wrote:
I think when you assume Erayo isn't the general, flipping him turn 1 is highly unrealistic and falls into the category of "Rare God Hands".

If your deck is simply dedicated to forcing the flip, It can be done Turn 1 probably about half the time. But the deck needs win-cons too which is usually why Erayo decks are super retarded.. You get the flip Turn 2-3 (reliably, Turn 1 is mostly luck) and you tutor up Arcane Lab and then everyone gets to watch you, dick in hand (or fingers in twat - gender equality) while you draw bad 1-0 drops and wait for your win con. Fun, right?

Win con with Erayo is easy. Add Bribery, Echo Mage, Bosium Strip, and a few other cards. Most players run at least 1-2 fatties in any given deck (AT LEAST.) And short of a r/g/+ player showing up with Shusher, Erayo can force through several different win conditions (my favorite being build up to infinite mana slowly with capsize/cube and then doing an infinite Jace(1.0) bounce and "target player draws". Otherwise, my friend in his T1/2 Erayo uses the unblockable level up. Heck, you can run prodigal sorcerer + pemmins/freed and have a very reliable win condition. Or, show and tell/Flash into an eldrazi or equaly big fatty.

Though, I'm still a fan of B/U control tutoring out Erayo.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next