Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2018-Oct-15 9:06 am

Post subject: Rules for 2HG EDH
AgePosted: 2009-Jun-29 11:51 am 

I'm not sure if the rules are anywhere, but could someone tell me the exact rules for 2hg edh?

I've tried it lately with my friends and we just used a modified 2hg rules with 50 life, not 80, but weren't sure how to approach damage for general kill (which was annoying since Volrath does alot of damage if he hits even once), so we didn't use it. What would people recommend?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2009-Jun-30 12:20 am 

check out the "format variation" section on the main page

check out the Mighty Emergence combo.
Thraximundar, "lets paint the town red"
Teysa, Orzhov Scion (retired)
Sasaya (in the making)
Isamaru (in the making)

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Rules for 2HG EDH
AgePosted: 2010-Sep-18 1:20 pm 

I know this sounds dumb, but I can't find the two headed giant rules for edh.

Our play group plays as following:

60 life
40 general damage needed to kill, since each player takes half, technically should be 41.

Team who plays first skips drawing 8th card on first turn.

I've found two-headed giant to all about control and combo. The game usually ends with Team A at 56 life and team B winning with infinite turns or a hard lock like Erayo, Soratami Ascendant. Aggro and creatures that attack are the worst in 2hg edh, one wrath of god effect can wipe the entire field of the opposing players.

I'm not sure how the rules should be changed, my play group banned Erayo, Soratami Ascendant though in 2hg edh.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2010-Sep-19 1:45 am 

Norinthewary wrote:
I'm not sure how the rules should be changed, my play group banned Erayo, Soratami Ascendant though in 2hg edh.

Erayo is banned in 2HG variants anyway.

Generals:
too many, and always changing... except:

Rakdos, Lord of Riots (Demon Tribal)
Melek, Izzet Paragon (Dragonstorm) -> these must stay because of a house rule

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2011-Jan-14 12:09 am 

Norinthewary wrote:
I've found two-headed giant to all about control and combo. The game usually ends with Team A at 56 life and team B winning with infinite turns or a hard lock like Erayo, Soratami Ascendant. Aggro and creatures that attack are the worst in 2hg edh, one wrath of god effect can wipe the entire field of the opposing players.

Lord, I have no idea how that happens... I play in a very competitive meta, and almost all our decks win by attacking... A good deck can rarely afford to play too many sweepers, and spot removal only gets so far. I guess the point is that you play threats, and eventually people do not have answers... I win regularly with an "ophidian-less ophidian" BGU deck that plays about forty creatures. I play about 5 counters, and generally just overwhelm with card advantage. Unless people play a stupid amount of card draw, which doesn't help unless they have outlets for all the cards, just drawing a couple extra cards a turn is good enough. And they don't have to be control cards. Just do not over commit, and be ready to replenish your board. Ophidian is the worst ophidian anyway... :P

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2011-Jan-14 12:43 pm 

Cthulus Thrall wrote:
Norinthewary wrote:

Lord, I have no idea how that happens... I play in a very competitive meta, and almost all our decks win by attacking... A good deck can rarely afford to play too many sweepers, and spot removal only gets so far. I guess the point is that you play threats, and eventually people do not have answers... I win regularly with an "ophidian-less ophidian" BGU deck that plays about forty creatures. I play about 5 counters, and generally just overwhelm with card advantage. Unless people play a stupid amount of card draw, which doesn't help unless they have outlets for all the cards, just drawing a couple extra cards a turn is good enough. And they don't have to be control cards. Just do not over commit, and be ready to replenish your board. Ophidian is the worst ophidian anyway... :P

No Ophidian is that good.

Seriously, I have found that 6-8 Sweepers is fully sustainable if you abve the heaxy hitteres to back them up. The decklist in my Sig is a good example. It's awefully hard to bury that deck in CA.

Norin the Wary (chaos control)
Talrand (mono-U tempo/Proteus Staff combo)

Offline Profile