Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2018-Dec-09 9:11 am

Post subject: Colorless commander
AgePosted: 2013-Apr-10 11:11 pm 

Just to ask, if I have a colorless commander I can use any type of mana , but I will only produce colorless mana right.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Colorless commander
AgePosted: 2013-Apr-10 11:34 pm 

Yes.

However, it should be noted, if your commander is colorless, your lands cannot have colored symbols on it.

So something like City of Brass is okay, but lands like Savage Lands and Forest are not.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Apr-10 11:41 pm 

Lurch213 wrote:
Just to ask, if I have a colorless commander I can use any type of mana , but I will only produce colorless mana right.

Yes, but you can't include most lands. You need colorless mana producers because anything that produces black mana has a color identity of black, same with each other color. This is part of the reason colorless decks see almost no play, because the mana base is such a pain.

However, anything that says "produce mana of any color", or anything that doesn't specify any colors (City of Brass and Exotic Orchid, for example) is fair game.

EDiT: Moraff beat me

III Omnath, Locus of Mana III Thada Adel, Acquisitor III Geth, Lord of the Vault III Eight-and-a-Half-Tails III Zo-Zu the Punisher III BruseIkra III Kynaios and Tiro of Meletis III Kess, Dissident Mage, III AkriSilas III Grenzo, Havoc Raiser III Ghalta, Primal Hunger III Ambassador Laquatus III Anax and Cymede III Sidisi, Brood Tyrant III Shu Yun, the Silent Tempest III Ghave, Guru of Spores III Zurgo Helmsmasher III Yidris, Maelstrom Wielder III

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Apr-11 3:44 am 

Thanks guys

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Apr-11 6:44 am 

Sure the mana base can be somewhat tricky but there is a lot of cheap lands with somewhat good abilities that don't come into play tapped and can give you colorless mana. The biggest reason to stay away from a colorless deck is in my opinion because of the commanders. They are all a bit too strong and threatening. Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre, Kozilek, Butcher of Truth & Karn, Silver Golem are all famous to sooner or later eat someone's lands.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Dec-16 10:21 am 

Lurch213 wrote:

if your commander have some color mana synbow you can use cards and lands that produce this kind of mana like Memnarch, where is colorless, but you can use blue cards

Offline Profile