Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-May-21 6:21 pm

What format of EDH do you play the majority of?
1vs1 23%  23%  [ 7 ]
3-4 45%  45%  [ 14 ]
5+ 23%  23%  [ 7 ]
It's pretty even between duels and multiplayer 10%  10%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 31
 Post subject: Duels or Multiplayer?
AgePosted: 2008-Oct-02 11:15 am 

Trying to get a feel for what everyone plays the most.

Our whole meta is filled with very competitive and net deck people, and no casual players, so EDH is exclusively duel decks, unless 3-4 people randomly have a lot of time to kill.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2008-Oct-02 11:25 am 

I mostly play 5+ multiplayer. We occasionally play duels if it's just a pair of us, but our group's decks are all designed for multiplayer.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2008-Oct-02 2:55 pm 

My group of friends all build with multiplayer in mind, but whenever I go to a large event or another store, it seems everyone there plays duels exclusively.

I've always considered EDH to be a multiplayer format, and while I play the occasional duel, it feels a waste to build for duels. If you want to play 1on1, there are dozens of other formats, but this is the first popular multiplayer centric format in a while.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2008-Oct-02 5:47 pm 

I used to play almost all multiplayer, but after I moved and my playgroup changed, larger groups became harder and I play many more duels. It's pretty well split now, but my favorite is still 5+ games. The more, the merrier.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2008-Oct-02 7:11 pm 

That Guy wrote:
I mostly play 5+ multiplayer. We occasionally play duels if it's just a pair of us, but our group's decks are all designed for multiplayer.
This EXACTLY describes the shop where I play.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2008-Oct-02 7:46 pm 

yawg07 wrote:
That Guy wrote:
This EXACTLY describes the shop where I play.

My decks are like that, too. They tend to lose to decks built for dueling only but play well against each other or vs other decks built for multiplayer.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2008-Oct-03 1:18 am 

natron77 wrote:
My group of friends all build with multiplayer in mind, but whenever I go to a large event or another store, it seems everyone there plays duels exclusively.

I've always considered EDH to be a multiplayer format, and while I play the occasional duel, it feels a waste to build for duels. If you want to play 1on1, there are dozens of other formats, but this is the first popular multiplayer centric format in a while.

Same, although I have built 1 deck specifically for duels, it just feels dirty to play it because my opponent's deck is always built for multiplayer. At least my deck is mono-color and not very good.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2008-Oct-03 7:16 am 

intreped wrote:
At least my deck is mono-color and not very good.

I hope you don't mean to imply that mono-color is not very good...because I have monocolor EDH decks of every color and they're awesome. I only wish there were more colors.

Offline Profile