Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Mar-18 10:42 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

How many EDH decks do you have built irl?
1 19%  19%  [ 22 ]
2 14%  14%  [ 16 ]
3 17%  17%  [ 19 ]
4 17%  17%  [ 20 ]
5 8%  8%  [ 9 ]
6 10%  10%  [ 11 ]
7 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
8+ 14%  14%  [ 16 ]
Total votes : 115
 Post subject:
AgePosted: 2008-Jul-16 9:39 am 

Right now, 4.

Lin Sivvi
Mirri the Cursed
Wort, Goblin Auntie
Meloku

All pretty balanced, too. Good for intro'ing people to the format.

Xiahou Dun, the One-Eyed; Wort, Boggart Auntie; Jhoira of the Ghitu; Multani, Maro-Sorcerer; Rafiq of the Many; Heartless Hidetsugu; Wort, the Raidmother; Braids, Cabal Minion; Vendillion Clique; Captain Sisay;

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2008-Jul-16 12:54 pm 
EDH Rules Committee

Counting online decks and decks I've built and given to friends.... infinity. Or 14... I don't remember which. Too many, in any case :)

Oh who am I kidding, there's no such thing as too many EDH decks. :twisted:

I'm currently working on 3 common/uncommonly only (except the General) decks I can loan to strangers and let them keep if they're fun people. It's surprisingly easy actually... the power level is low of course, but I think they're competitive.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2008-Jul-16 1:57 pm 

Genomancer wrote:
I'm currently working on 3 common/uncommonly only (except the General) decks I can loan to strangers and let them keep if they're fun people.

*clap clap* I gave my friend a $200 monoblue deck to start him off and the kid's collection now includes every good blue card ever printed. That's the way to spread the love, yo!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2008-Jul-16 2:28 pm 

warble wrote:
Genomancer wrote:
I'm currently working on 3 common/uncommonly only (except the General) decks I can loan to strangers and let them keep if they're fun people.

*clap clap* I gave my friend a $200 monoblue deck to start him off and the kid's collection now includes every good blue card ever printed. That's the way to spread the love, yo!

You mean spread the evil (of mono blue). :twisted:

That's a pretty good idea G. I'll have to try it.

* This symbol means it is a joke.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2008-Jul-16 11:54 pm 

Genomancer wrote:
I'm currently working on 3 common/uncommonly only (except the General) decks I can loan to strangers

very good :)

a great way to spend my building energy

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2008-Jul-18 7:33 am 
EDH Rules Committee

I'm converting my entire collection into one large series of EDH decks 8)

Online Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2008-Jul-18 6:34 pm 

Genomancer wrote:
I'm currently working on 3 common/uncommonly only (except the General) decks I can loan to strangers and let them keep if they're fun people. It's surprisingly easy actually... the power level is low of course, but I think they're competitive.

I used to play a format called Skittles where the decks were 60 card highlander, had to have an equal number of each color card and artifacts (in practice this meant most decks had 6 of each color card and 6 artifacts and 24 land), and all the cards featured in the deck had to have 1) never have been printed as a rare in any set and 2) not currently on the Vintage restricted list.

You could make some pretty fun decks in this format, but they would flat out lose to an EDH deck even if you were'nt using generals. As soon as you hit that first rare in that EDH deck, the skittles deck would go "oh crap" and start praying for the one Swords to plows while it died to dragon beatdown or something aweful.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2008-Aug-15 9:38 am 

Genomancer wrote:

There's even a good few uncommon generals, some of whom don't even suck.

Quote:
I used to play a format called Skittles where the decks were 60 card highlander, had to have an equal number of each color card and artifacts (in practice this meant most decks had 6 of each color card and 6 artifacts and 24 land), and all the cards featured in the deck had to have 1) never have been printed as a rare in any set and 2) not currently on the Vintage restricted list.

Skittles rules are here if this intrigues anyone else:
http://home.comcast.net/~swcooper/skittles.html
Obviously if you're playing some peasant format such as this, it's only appropriate to completely pimp the deck.

Back onto the original thread - I think I counted 16 decks that Harriet and I have built at the moment, but that's of course likely to rise as she gets her requests for even more tribal stuff, and I get round to building some decks that aren't black...

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2008-Aug-15 11:15 am 

Its cool how there are two extremes. 20 people voted 0-3 decks, and 8 voted 8+ decks.

norbert88

Momir Vig, Simic Visionary
Tolsimir Wolfblood
Kangee, Aerie Keeper
Verdeloth the Ancient
Phelddagrif
Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind
Hakim, Loreweaver
Seizan, Perverter of Truth
Horde of Notions
Thelon of Havenwood
Zedruu the Greathearted
Lyzolda the Blood Witch

In progress:
RG Tribal Werewolves/Humans/Wolves

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2008-Aug-16 7:54 pm 

I finally built my second. Woohoo.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2008-Aug-16 9:11 pm 

I've currently got one, but I topped out at four before I took some apart. I'll probably get back to two or three sometime in the next week.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2008-Aug-16 10:52 pm 

I have a problem, because I have a red chaos deck and a blue thievery deck, but I am going to make a niv mizzet deck that uses lots of cards from both. I'm also building a monogreen deck, and they all use some of the same staple cards, like oblivion stone.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2008-Aug-17 2:44 pm 

Hmm, I have somewhere between 20 and 30 "commander" edh decks online, depending on how much variation decks require to be considered different decks. (5 cards, 10, 20?)

I haven't tried to build a EDH deck irl because I don't know anyone who plays anymore. Also, I pretty much gave up on paper when homelands came out and the cards I do have could pretty much fit in a shoebox....

Still, it could be interesting to see what I could build....

Where did I put that shoebox?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2008-Aug-17 3:07 pm 

pochacco wrote:
I have a problem, because I have a red chaos deck and a blue thievery deck, but I am going to make a niv mizzet deck that uses lots of cards from both. I'm also building a monogreen deck, and they all use some of the same staple cards, like oblivion stone.

This is the problem I have. There are critical staples that I don't have that many multiples of. I have two Sol Rings and I can't imagine a deck where I wouldn't want one, so my decks will have to share them. But that mostly caps my decks at 2.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2008-Aug-20 1:31 pm 

I currently have Momir Vig, Brion Stoutarm, and Savra completely built in paper. On MODO, I have a Sygg, River Cutthroat deck built.

I am currently in the process of making Sygg in paper, along with Raksha Golden Cub.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next