Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Mar-24 4:26 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject:
AgePosted: 2009-Apr-07 10:28 pm 

Sheldon wrote:
I'm actually playing ALL of those cards in my Darigaaz and Kresh decks. In my local environment, EVERYONE has duals (and lots of other non-basics).

For someone who hates on combo so hard for (what I've gathered) "ruining games" by making them end fast, you sure seem eager to play mana denial, which in my mind is infinitely worse than combo. At least combo ends the game right there, with mana denial I get to watch your deck jack off for a handful of turns while I sit there impotently twiddling my thumbs until you finally manage to put the last nail in my coffin.

Decks: Lion King (Rafiq of the Many - Midrange Combo); Uril, the Miststalker (Enchantress Beasts); Saliva (Sliver Overlord - Sliver/Allies); Angry Enchantress (Child of Alara - 5c Enchantments); Nicol Bolas (Reanimator Goodstuff)

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2009-Apr-07 11:33 pm 

Sheldon wrote:
There's a mistaken idea that you "need" to play certain cards. You can compete against all those duals...by playing Blood Moon ($2), Magus of the Moon ($4), Ruination ($.60), Price of Glory ($.43). Wilderness Elemental ($.25), and Destructive Flow ($1), just to name a few.

I don't think one "needs" to play cards like duals, and I agree with you there's many options for being competitive. I just don't want to play those options for the most part (land destruction, for example). For me, I just want to play the decks that sound fun to me, and part of that means playing the best version of the deck. Other people have fun playing within the limits of their collection, but if I want to play a deck that really works best with a prohibitively expensive card, I'm making a proxy.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7