Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Dec-10 12:34 pm

Post subject: Refunds for banned commander decks
AgePosted: 2019-Nov-11 8:25 am 

Any idea how we get refunded the money we spent on building commander decks only to have them arbitrarily bricked by the banning? Those cards weren't cheap

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Refunds for banned commander decks
AgePosted: 2019-Nov-11 9:56 am 

dresmith wrote:
Any idea how we get refunded the money we spent on building commander decks only to have them arbitrarily bricked by the banning? Those cards weren't cheap

You trade away the card that was banned and get something legal instead.

Also, the bannings aren't arbitrary.

Also, whenever something gets banned in any format, there are people that are affected. That in no way means it shouldn't happen.

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Nov-11 9:58 am 

Did I miss a banned announcement? Or are you taking about Paradox Engine and or Iona?

With perfect mana, reasonable removal, disruption, and card advantage, we're back to pitchforks and torches. And it's about to get worse for those who do not enjoy the game as Richard Garfield intended, playing as few win conditions as possible and prompting concession after all hopes (and spells) are lost. - Shaheen Soorani

Online Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Nov-11 10:30 am 

Dude, your WHOLE DECK got banned?

Feels real bad man. Feels REAL bad.

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

The internet's great at making noise, and poor at operating pants. There's gonna be half-dressed mobs screeching half-assed arguments for the rest of the 21st century - Kemev

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Nov-11 2:19 pm 

dresmith wrote:

A refund would come from whomever you bought them from. Ask them nicely?

No, I think he's right. I'm just all butt-hurt over prophet.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Nov-12 9:54 pm 

wait...lands are banned? how is your deck only 39 cards? :facepalm: I'm so confused.....

That's not how magic works. You can't equate cards and situations linearly like that!

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Nov-13 12:23 pm 

Making snarky posts that don't provide any actual insight into the situation that you're displeased with is unlikely to solve any problems and just wastes everyone's time.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Nov-13 5:46 pm 

Normally, I'd agree with you, but c'mon, in what world does that have a serious answer? One would have to be ridiculously naïve to truly believe there is something to fight for here.

In my late teens I was a Spike.
In my 20's I was a Johnny.
Now, I just like to play.
'Active decks' list here.
Currently hiring servants for my palace, made from my own walls of text.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Nov-14 1:28 am 

Antis wrote:
Normally, I'd agree with you, but c'mon, in what world does that have a serious answer? One would have to be ridiculously naïve to truly believe there is something to fight for here.

Agreed. The original post is so full of hyperbole that they either a) realize it and aren't expecting any sort of constructive answer; or b) are so annoyed that they can't see reason, so any reasonable response wouldn't help them.

The original post gives us nothing to work with, other than one or more cards being banned hurt his deck. We have no idea which cards so we can't suggest alternatives. We have no idea how many so we don't know the actual extent of the damage. We don't know if it was their commander for which the deck was built around so heavily that it just has a bunch of useless cards without that particular commander.

Sure snarky posts aren't helpful, but the original post gives us nothing to try and be helpful with.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Nov-14 11:06 am 

Antis wrote:

I think in the context of Panphage's post, the snarky post was the OP - he is the one that did not provide any insight into the situation he is displeased with.

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Nov-14 12:03 pm 

Unnecessary - chill.

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

The internet's great at making noise, and poor at operating pants. There's gonna be half-dressed mobs screeching half-assed arguments for the rest of the 21st century - Kemev

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Nov-14 3:07 pm 

Well, congratz sicklyjewel for your 7th time being a waste of computer processing power. If we as a collective could make a suggestion for what you could be doing instead, take all this time and effort and go spend it by getting a job as a telemarketer. You'll make a more meaningful contribution to society, and make some money along with it.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Nov-15 2:04 am 

dresmith wrote:

Ask the vendor you bought from real nicely, is my advice.

Honestly though, card values are volatile. You're mad about a ban today, but, do you get mad about reprints that tank the value of your cards, too?

If that's the kind of thing that grinds your gears, this might not be the game for you.

Follow me on Twitter: @generalspeak

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Nov-15 4:14 am 

This thread is low quality bait?

But if anyone is worried about this, CFB offers refunds for reprinted or banned cards within a certain time period. I don't know all the details off hand though, i only buy on facebook or tcgplayer.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Nov-16 11:12 am 

Sovarius wrote:
This thread is low quality bait?

But if anyone is worried about this, CFB offers refunds for reprinted or banned cards within a certain time period. I don't know all the details off hand though,

I didn't know that, that's cool of them to do that.

That's not how magic works. You can't equate cards and situations linearly like that!

Offline Profile