Login | Register


All times are UTC - 7 hours


It is currently 2019-Dec-11 11:14 pm




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: C19 Spoilers are coming!
AgePosted: 2019-Aug-09 5:30 am 

Joined: 2010-Oct-26 5:52 am
Age: Dragon
reprints this year are yet again a giant trashfire and I'm noticing an ugly trend where a lot of the new cards are either boring and underwhelming or massively gamebreaking.

_________________
Maluko wrote:
We need a clear set of objective rules so that everybody always knows what to expect, and how to prepare for it. As of now, I think I spend more time arguing with players about the format than I do playing fun and interactive games of Commander. And last time I read, this was not the format's purpose.

QFT


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: C19 Spoilers are coming!
AgePosted: 2019-Aug-09 5:45 am 

Joined: 2015-Jan-14 2:58 pm
Age: Elder Dragon
Gath Immortal wrote:
reprints this year are yet again a giant trashfire and I'm noticing an ugly trend where a lot of the new cards are either boring and underwhelming or massively gamebreaking.


Little Miss Sunshine strikes again. The reprints that are there are great value for the MSRP. There are $8-10 cards in every deck. I don’t personally need any of the reprinted cards, but then the reprints aren’t really targeted at enfranchised players like us. I don’t know what new cards you see as game breaking? There are some new commanders that interest me and some that don’t. Same with the new stuff in the 99. It’s like any other set, but the density of new interesting stuff is higher.

_________________
Deepglow Skate
Antis wrote:
I'm seriously suspicious of any card that makes Doubling Season look fair and reasonable.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: C19 Spoilers are coming!
AgePosted: 2019-Aug-09 8:12 am 
User avatar

Joined: 2010-Dec-10 12:16 pm
Age: Elder Dragon
archmagemc wrote:


Thank you! I was trying to do that on my computer last night but the stupid thing kept messing up!


I use Excel
Column A, post the decklist
Column B: =concatenate("{c}",$A1,"{/c}")
- Where {} are [], of course
Then copy the formula down the column

Variations:
If you have a qty column
=concatenate($A1," x {c}",$B1,"{/c}")

General:
In a separate field (e.g. E1) type "Commander: "
=concatenate($E$1,"{c}",$A1,"{/c}")
- Note: Concatenate won't use some special characters in the formula, so you have that in a referenced field


I keep a file saved that already has the formulae in column A, so any decklist I want to post, I just copy into column C (using B for qty, if needed), then copy all of A into the forum.

There are also a website or two that will tag your decklists, but I've never tried them.

_________________
V/R

HK

Hazezon Tamar - Manland theme
Seshiro the Anointed - Snake Tribal
Jedit Ojanen of Efrava - Cat and Warrior Dual Tribal
Doran, the Seige Tower - Wall Tribal
Progenitus - Hydra themed Proliferate Deck
Karona, the False God - Backstabbing Hug


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: C19 Spoilers are coming!
AgePosted: 2019-Sep-06 6:22 pm 

Joined: 2014-Apr-03 3:46 am
Age: Drake
Spectrar Ghost wrote:
Gath Immortal wrote:
reprints this year are yet again a giant trashfire and I'm noticing an ugly trend where a lot of the new cards are either boring and underwhelming or massively gamebreaking.


Little Miss Sunshine strikes again. The reprints that are there are great value for the MSRP. There are $8-10 cards in every deck. I don’t personally need any of the reprinted cards, but then the reprints aren’t really targeted at enfranchised players like us. I don’t know what new cards you see as game breaking? There are some new commanders that interest me and some that don’t. Same with the new stuff in the 99. It’s like any other set, but the density of new interesting stuff is higher.


Things are totally different for eu. Due to much more saner market all of the reprints are sub 5 euro cards and only a handful can break the 2 euro mark. When you buy precon in eu most of your cards are going to be worthless because nobody wants to trade bulk rares that were just reprinted.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: C19 Spoilers are coming!
AgePosted: 2019-Sep-06 10:18 pm 

Joined: 2016-Feb-13 2:14 pm
Age: Dragon
Location: Orlando, Florida
So order singles?


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: C19 Spoilers are coming!
AgePosted: 2019-Sep-07 6:23 pm 
User avatar

Joined: 2011-Jan-02 5:25 am
Age: Elder Dragon
Location: Costa La Haya, capital del ducado Holanda
Marit Lage wrote:
So order singles?


Yes, but the whole point is that the precons don't have enough value to make it a worthwhile purchase. Buying singles doesn't solve that.

Precons at the (online with local(ish) B&M) stores where I bought my previous precons are a whopping 10 euro more expensive this year. Buying precons through MCM is actually cheaper than last year, so whatever it is Wizards tried with MSRP didn't really work out for Europe.

_________________
"Our words are backed with OBLIVION STONE!"


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: C19 Spoilers are coming!
AgePosted: 2019-Sep-08 5:43 am 

Joined: 2016-Feb-13 2:14 pm
Age: Dragon
Location: Orlando, Florida
What's the going rate for the precons over there?


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: C19 Spoilers are coming!
AgePosted: 2019-Sep-08 8:42 am 

Joined: 2011-Feb-15 7:09 am
Age: Drake
duplicate post


Last edited by OldVig on 2019-Sep-08 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: C19 Spoilers are coming!
AgePosted: 2019-Sep-08 8:42 am 

Joined: 2011-Feb-15 7:09 am
Age: Drake
I'm not convinced mcm is cheap for precons.

I live in the UK. The cheapest 2019 precons on mcm I can see right now including postage are 140.40 ukp (printings are a mix of english, german and spanish) with vendors split between germany, portugal and spain. I can get all 4 from a single vendor but the total is higher.

I bought the set for 127.95 ukp with free postage from a uk online card vendor, all in english, and i got burned a little as there was another supplier selling for about 10 less which i didn't realise at the time.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: C19 Spoilers are coming!
AgePosted: 2019-Sep-08 10:47 am 

Joined: 2016-Feb-13 2:14 pm
Age: Dragon
Location: Orlando, Florida
Wait, they're going for £140 as the cheapest price? Ypu can get them from stores like Walmart and Target for $42 USD each, and cheaper still at other retailers.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: C19 Spoilers are coming!
AgePosted: 2019-Sep-08 10:50 am 
User avatar

Joined: 2010-Jul-18 9:59 pm
Age: Elder Dragon
140 for all 4. $42UD is only $10USD cheaper for the lot of them

_________________
"Degenerate, unfun decks generally come from degenerate, unfun players in my experience." - Cthulus Thrall

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

The internet's great at making noise, and poor at operating pants. There's gonna be half-dressed mobs screeching half-assed arguments for the rest of the 21st century - Kemev


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: C19 Spoilers are coming!
AgePosted: 2019-Sep-08 10:52 am 

Joined: 2016-Feb-13 2:14 pm
Age: Dragon
Location: Orlando, Florida
That's at a Walmart, though. I know Coolstuff was selling sets for $140 USD.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: C19 Spoilers are coming!
AgePosted: 2019-Sep-08 7:37 pm 
User avatar

Joined: 2011-Jan-18 11:59 am
Age: Elder Dragon
I gotta say...
I just threw the C19 decks and the Brawl precons into tapped out...

On average, the Brawl Precons (60 cards) are financially beating the C19 decks (100 cards) by $30.
Though when you're including cards like the second printing of Smothering Tithe and the 4th printing of Standard All Star Watery Grave, it's super easy to outclass the 8th printing of Exotic Orchard.

_________________
"... the RC doesn't negotiate with terrorists. " - Sheldon Menery 9/14/2011


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: C19 Spoilers are coming!
AgePosted: 2019-Sep-08 7:47 pm 

Joined: 2011-Feb-15 7:09 am
Age: Drake
So yeah, cheapest online today is £124.95 = $154.25, so the USA is winning the precon war


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: C19 Spoilers are coming!
AgePosted: 2019-Sep-09 3:59 am 
User avatar

Joined: 2011-Jan-02 5:25 am
Age: Elder Dragon
Location: Costa La Haya, capital del ducado Holanda
OldVig wrote:
I'm not convinced mcm is cheap for precons.

I live in the UK. The cheapest 2019 precons on mcm I can see right now including postage are 140.40 ukp (printings are a mix of english, german and spanish) with vendors split between germany, portugal and spain. I can get all 4 from a single vendor but the total is higher.

I bought the set for 127.95 ukp with free postage from a uk online card vendor, all in english, and i got burned a little as there was another supplier selling for about 10 less which i didn't realise at the time.


110 euros for all of them combined, 14 euros shipping. Mystic Intellect is the cheapest, 25 euros for 10 euros shipping.

_________________
"Our words are backed with OBLIVION STONE!"


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 37 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: