Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Dec-11 11:14 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: C19 Spoilers are coming!
AgePosted: 2019-Aug-09 5:30 am 

reprints this year are yet again a giant trashfire and I'm noticing an ugly trend where a lot of the new cards are either boring and underwhelming or massively gamebreaking.

We need a clear set of objective rules so that everybody always knows what to expect, and how to prepare for it. As of now, I think I spend more time arguing with players about the format than I do playing fun and interactive games of Commander. And last time I read, this was not the format's purpose.

QFT

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Aug-09 5:45 am 

Gath Immortal wrote:
reprints this year are yet again a giant trashfire and I'm noticing an ugly trend where a lot of the new cards are either boring and underwhelming or massively gamebreaking.

Little Miss Sunshine strikes again. The reprints that are there are great value for the MSRP. There are $8-10 cards in every deck. I don’t personally need any of the reprinted cards, but then the reprints aren’t really targeted at enfranchised players like us. I don’t know what new cards you see as game breaking? There are some new commanders that interest me and some that don’t. Same with the new stuff in the 99. It’s like any other set, but the density of new interesting stuff is higher.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Aug-09 8:12 am 

archmagemc wrote:

Thank you! I was trying to do that on my computer last night but the stupid thing kept messing up!

I use Excel
Column A, post the decklist
Column B: =concatenate("{c}",$A1,"{/c}")
- Where {} are [], of course
Then copy the formula down the column

Variations:
If you have a qty column
=concatenate($A1," x {c}",$B1,"{/c}")

General:
In a separate field (e.g. E1) type "Commander: "
=concatenate($E$1,"{c}",$A1,"{/c}")
- Note: Concatenate won't use some special characters in the formula, so you have that in a referenced field

I keep a file saved that already has the formulae in column A, so any decklist I want to post, I just copy into column C (using B for qty, if needed), then copy all of A into the forum.

There are also a website or two that will tag your decklists, but I've never tried them.

HK

Hazezon Tamar - Manland theme
Seshiro the Anointed - Snake Tribal
Jedit Ojanen of Efrava - Cat and Warrior Dual Tribal
Doran, the Seige Tower - Wall Tribal
Progenitus - Hydra themed Proliferate Deck
Karona, the False God - Backstabbing Hug

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Sep-06 6:22 pm 

Spectrar Ghost wrote:
Gath Immortal wrote:

Little Miss Sunshine strikes again. The reprints that are there are great value for the MSRP. There are $8-10 cards in every deck. I don’t personally need any of the reprinted cards, but then the reprints aren’t really targeted at enfranchised players like us. I don’t know what new cards you see as game breaking? There are some new commanders that interest me and some that don’t. Same with the new stuff in the 99. It’s like any other set, but the density of new interesting stuff is higher.

Things are totally different for eu. Due to much more saner market all of the reprints are sub 5 euro cards and only a handful can break the 2 euro mark. When you buy precon in eu most of your cards are going to be worthless because nobody wants to trade bulk rares that were just reprinted.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Sep-06 10:18 pm 

So order singles?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Sep-07 6:23 pm 

Marit Lage wrote:
So order singles?

Yes, but the whole point is that the precons don't have enough value to make it a worthwhile purchase. Buying singles doesn't solve that.

Precons at the (online with local(ish) B&M) stores where I bought my previous precons are a whopping 10 euro more expensive this year. Buying precons through MCM is actually cheaper than last year, so whatever it is Wizards tried with MSRP didn't really work out for Europe.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Sep-08 5:43 am 

What's the going rate for the precons over there?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Sep-08 8:42 am 

duplicate post

Last edited by OldVig on 2019-Sep-08 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Sep-08 8:42 am 

I'm not convinced mcm is cheap for precons.

I live in the UK. The cheapest 2019 precons on mcm I can see right now including postage are 140.40 ukp (printings are a mix of english, german and spanish) with vendors split between germany, portugal and spain. I can get all 4 from a single vendor but the total is higher.

I bought the set for 127.95 ukp with free postage from a uk online card vendor, all in english, and i got burned a little as there was another supplier selling for about 10 less which i didn't realise at the time.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Sep-08 10:47 am 

Wait, they're going for £140 as the cheapest price? Ypu can get them from stores like Walmart and Target for $42 USD each, and cheaper still at other retailers.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Sep-08 10:50 am 

140 for all 4. $42UD is only $10USD cheaper for the lot of them

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

The internet's great at making noise, and poor at operating pants. There's gonna be half-dressed mobs screeching half-assed arguments for the rest of the 21st century - Kemev

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Sep-08 10:52 am 

That's at a Walmart, though. I know Coolstuff was selling sets for $140 USD.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Sep-08 7:37 pm 

I gotta say...
I just threw the C19 decks and the Brawl precons into tapped out...

On average, the Brawl Precons (60 cards) are financially beating the C19 decks (100 cards) by $30.
Though when you're including cards like the second printing of Smothering Tithe and the 4th printing of Standard All Star Watery Grave, it's super easy to outclass the 8th printing of Exotic Orchard.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Sep-08 7:47 pm 

So yeah, cheapest online today is £124.95 = $154.25, so the USA is winning the precon war

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Sep-09 3:59 am 

OldVig wrote:
I'm not convinced mcm is cheap for precons.

I live in the UK. The cheapest 2019 precons on mcm I can see right now including postage are 140.40 ukp (printings are a mix of english, german and spanish) with vendors split between germany, portugal and spain. I can get all 4 from a single vendor but the total is higher.

I bought the set for 127.95 ukp with free postage from a uk online card vendor, all in english, and i got burned a little as there was another supplier selling for about 10 less which i didn't realise at the time.

110 euros for all of them combined, 14 euros shipping. Mystic Intellect is the cheapest, 25 euros for 10 euros shipping.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next