Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2018-Aug-16 1:58 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: C18
AgePosted: 2018-Jul-12 1:51 pm 

The four Commander 2018 deck colors/themes have been revealed:

Izzet (Blue-Red) Artifacts "Exquisite Invention"
Jund (Black-Red-Green) Lands "Nature's Vengeance"
Bant (White-Blue-Green) Enchantments "Adaptive Enchantment"
Esper (White-Blue-Black) Top of Library Matters "Subjective Reality"

Starke of Rath -> Wrath of Starke: MRC

Proving Grounds: Drawmia-maro, Titania When Lands Attack, Tromokratis Read it Again, Kaalia's Klerics, Hordes of Tribes.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: C18
AgePosted: 2018-Jul-12 3:20 pm 

In magical Christmasland I'd say we're due for a reprint of Crucible of Worlds, Scroll Rack, Krark-Clan Ironworks, and Greater Auramancy.

In the real world, I do think a reprint of Ironworks is definitely a good idea. This would also be the perfect time for a reprint of Mishra's Bauble.

III Omnath, Locus of Mana III Thada Adel, Acquisitor III Geth, Lord of the Vault III Eight-and-a-Half-Tails III Zo-Zu the Punisher III BruseIkra III Kynaios and Tiro of Meletis III Kess, Dissident Mage, III AkriSilas III Grenzo, Havoc Raiser III Ghalta, Primal Hunger III Ambassador Laquatus III Anax and Cymede III Sidisi, Brood Tyrant III Shu Yun, the Silent Tempest III Ghave, Guru of Spores III Zurgo Helmsmasher III Yidris, Maelstrom Wielder III

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Jul-13 12:18 am 

Uktabi_Kong wrote:
In magical Christmasland I'd say we're due for a reprint of Crucible of Worlds, Scroll Rack, Krark-Clan Ironworks, and Greater Auramancy.

In the real world, I do think a reprint of Ironworks is definitely a good idea. This would also be the perfect time for a reprint of Mishra's Bauble.

But Crucible was just reprinted in M19, idk if they'd be putting it in two products that come out so closely together but I could be wrong.

One speculation/wish that I read before the announcement yesterday was someone saying it would be neat if they did different realms for each deck.

With the release of the pictures, it seems unlikely but still possible. The zombie is obviously Innistrad; the woman pouring from the vase/urn is obviously Theros; the masked woman could be Kamigawa, and any of the others could be Dominaria. Doubt this will follow through, but that would be neat to see.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Jul-16 11:36 pm 
EDH Rules Committee

Having played some games with early test versions of these decks, I can say that they were loads of fun with each other.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Jul-17 12:33 am 

Sheldon wrote:
Having played some games with early test versions of these decks, I can say that they were loads of fun with each other.

That is excellent to hear! I officially "got out of Magic" a few years ago when I sold my collect (for a downpayment on my house!). However, I kept all of the Commander Pre-Con decks, sleeved and ready to play.

The only cards I have bought since I left have been the Commander decks. I sleeve them all up and keep them together. I figure they all should be -relatively- close in power and fun to play against as long as they are playing against each other.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Jul-22 9:41 am 

Well the first spoiler is a doosey!

5/3 for 5 :
Artifact Creature - Golem
Trample
Whenever Geode Golem deals combat damage to a player, you may cast your commander from the command zone without paying its mana cost. (You still pay any additional costs.)

No, I think he's right. I'm just all butt-hurt over prophet.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Jul-22 11:04 am 

Damn... my first thought was to include it in my Bruse Tarl/Ikra Shidiqi deck, but it's definitely a non-bo with Bruse. Still probably pretty good though, especially if your general is an Eldrazi or some other massive CMC creature.

III Omnath, Locus of Mana III Thada Adel, Acquisitor III Geth, Lord of the Vault III Eight-and-a-Half-Tails III Zo-Zu the Punisher III BruseIkra III Kynaios and Tiro of Meletis III Kess, Dissident Mage, III AkriSilas III Grenzo, Havoc Raiser III Ghalta, Primal Hunger III Ambassador Laquatus III Anax and Cymede III Sidisi, Brood Tyrant III Shu Yun, the Silent Tempest III Ghave, Guru of Spores III Zurgo Helmsmasher III Yidris, Maelstrom Wielder III

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Jul-22 6:48 pm 

MRHblue wrote:
5/3 for 5 :
Artifact Creature - Golem

Disappointed it's a 5/3 Artifact Creature but not a Juggernaut.

Juggernaut tribal gets no love. :cry:

My Decks: Zombiepocalypse (Thraximundar) ♦ Thrun stands alone (voltron) ♦ Ashling the Burninator ♦ Doran beatdown (treefolk/plant tribal) ♦ Mine! (UB theft/clone) ♦ Vampire Beatdown (Edgar Markov) ♦ BW Enchantments (Daxos the Returned)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Jul-22 11:38 pm 

Hah, I was just asking the other day if there was a Genesis Wave for artifacts. Glad I snagged that Drafna's Restoration

Proving Grounds: Drawmia-maro, Titania When Lands Attack, Tromokratis Read it Again, Kaalia's Klerics, Hordes of Tribes.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Jul-22 11:43 pm 

Planeswalkers as Commanders

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Jul-23 1:24 am 

This may be one of the greatest creatures ever made. Or at least since Boldwyr Intimidator.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Jul-23 2:38 am 

scatteredsun wrote:

This may be one of the greatest creatures ever made. Or at least since Boldwyr Intimidator.

Wow! Now partner that up with Aether Flash and Dingus Staff and that's a beating!

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Jul-23 2:42 am 

This is disgustingly beautiful.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Jul-23 2:45 am 

Here's a couple more cards...

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Jul-23 3:22 am 

Tawnos, Urza's Apprentice with Illusionist's Bracers equipped, and Kurkesh, Onakke Ancient on the field, with Rings of Brighthearth, and Rowan Kenrith's emblem all targeting Magistrate's Scepter's 2nd ability? Or Planar Bridge?

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next