Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2018-May-27 12:18 am

Post subject: Need some graphics help with a costume play mat
AgePosted: 2017-Dec-30 10:56 am 

so, I need someone who is good with either Photoshop or GIMP 2.0 to help me get the following image

Image to fit this template
http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0084/2 ... e.psd?1269 or the following:

Make sure image size is 24.5" x 14.5". Approximately 1/4" around the sides of the image will be cut off. We need the extra size so the image bleeds to the whole mat. On our template there are helper guidelines already placed on the mat. Make sure in your editing program you have guides turned on to see them. (DO NOT add 1/4" solid color trim)
A resolution of 3675 x 2175 @ 150 PPI is best.
Your image mode needs to be RGB.
Save Your Image as a JPG.

That's not how magic works. You can't equate cards and situations linearly like that!

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Need some graphics help with a costume play mat
AgePosted: 2017-Dec-30 12:44 pm 

This isn't exactly what you asked for, but I couldn't find an image that wasn't grainy when I expanded it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19nTXhG ... sp=sharing

Shabbaman wrote:
The usual answer is "the social contract", but I guess that is not what you are looking for. Try house rules.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Dec-30 2:08 pm 

oh wow..I can only id like two or three of the cards in that lol I'm using https://www.inkedgaming.com/collections ... om-playmat so you have a better idea as to why i'm asking lol

That's not how magic works. You can't equate cards and situations linearly like that!

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Dec-30 4:58 pm 

trappedslider wrote:
oh wow..I can only id like two or three of the cards in that lol I'm using https://www.inkedgaming.com/collections ... om-playmat so you have a better idea as to why i'm asking lol

I put (n the left side) Mind Twist, Balance, Black Lotus, Jace, the Mindsculpter and Umezawa's Jitte. Right side is Necropotence, Skullclamp, Ancestral Recall, Recurring Nightmare and Lingering Souls. Just a few cards that have been banned/restricted that you could get with Spike. The quote is the flavor text for Dark Confidant.

Feel free to use the image. If you do, I would love to have you post a picture with the deck. I have been tempted to make one as well.

Shabbaman wrote:
The usual answer is "the social contract", but I guess that is not what you are looking for. Try house rules.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Dec-31 8:19 am 

Inkeyes22 wrote:
trappedslider wrote:

I put (n the left side) Mind Twist, Balance, Black Lotus, Jace, the Mindsculpter and Umezawa's Jitte. Right side is Necropotence, Skullclamp, Ancestral Recall, Recurring Nightmare and Lingering Souls. Just a few cards that have been banned/restricted that you could get with Spike. The quote is the flavor text for Dark Confidant.

Feel free to use the image. If you do, I would love to have you post a picture with the deck. I have been tempted to make one as well.

Oh, I'm not making a deck, I just really like the art work on the card.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Dec-31 1:00 pm 

trappedslider wrote:

I think he meant post a picture of the custom playmat with whatever deck you are playing on it, so that we can see the final playmat in action.

Here's a basic 24"x14" RGB .jpg (7200x4200) pixel version based off of the 2560 wallpaper and enlarged with Corel Draw.

HK

Hazezon Tamar - Manland theme
Seshiro the Anointed - Snake Tribal
Jedit Ojanen of Efrava - Cat and Warrior Dual Tribal
Doran, the Seige Tower - Wall Tribal
Progenitus - Hydra themed Proliferate Deck
Karona, the False God - Backstabbing Hug

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Jan-01 10:51 am 

Treamayne wrote:
trappedslider wrote:

I think he meant post a picture of the custom playmat with whatever deck you are playing on it, so that we can see the final playmat in action.

Here's a basic 24"x14" RGB .jpg (7200x4200) pixel version based off of the 2560 wallpaper and enlarged with Corel Draw.

Oh on the clarifications and as to the work you did, what's with the giant redish orangeish triangle thingy? Otherwise that looks amazing.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Jan-01 1:14 pm 

trappedslider wrote:
Oh on the clarifications and as to the work you did, what's with the giant redish orangeish triangle thingy? Otherwise that looks amazing.

That's how the high-res wallpaper downloads from WotC.

HK

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Jan-01 2:42 pm 

Treamayne wrote:
trappedslider wrote:

That's how the high-res wallpaper downloads from WotC.

oh *facepalm* you did an awesome job then

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Jan-01 9:59 pm 

Inkeyes may be able to use my image to make a better version (since he said the image he was using pixelated) ringed with cards, especially If you know which cards you would want represented.

HK

Offline Profile