Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2018-Jul-22 10:40 am

Post subject: C17 (and one C16) decks vs each other; power levels?
AgePosted: 2017-Oct-21 6:00 am 

Hey folks,

Got some people coming over to play the C17 decks unaltered as well as the Kynaios and Tiro deck from C16

We're using the "Eminence" commanders: Arahbo, Edgar Markov, the Ur-Dragon, and Inalla. With Kynaios and Tiro included, which decks are stronger/weaker than the others? Should it be reasonably fair?

Cheers
Viperion

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

"I'm happy to serve as a quote machine" - Sheldon

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: C17 (and one C16) decks vs each other; power levels?
AgePosted: 2017-Oct-22 10:32 pm 

Ur-Dragon wins games. It's the only one I've kept together. I've pulled it out half a dozen times now and it's won every game. I find it's a laser beam of a deck. Just keep it focused on the strongest player one at a time and you'll burn through them.

The Cats can be pretty strong as well. I just found it to be a boring deck to play.

My guess is, with K&T in play, Dragons will stomp all over the others unless the Wizards player is really good at politicking or Cats get a quick start and takes out the Dragons before they can get going.

Ol' Edgar will just sit in the corner picking his nose.

Starke of Rath -> Wrath of Starke: MRC

Proving Grounds: Drawmia-maro, Titania When Lands Attack, Tromokratis Read it Again, Kaalia's Klerics, Hordes of Tribes.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: C17 (and one C16) decks vs each other; power levels?
AgePosted: 2017-Oct-23 12:28 pm 

scatteredsun wrote:
My guess is, with K&T in play, Dragons will stomp all over the others.
You get the "almost-so-true-it-was-scary" award!

First game K&T took out (played by me) - mostly on the back of it's own Progenitor Mimic copying the cat decks Qasali Slingers which quite handily kept the Cat/Equipment deck in check. Vampires got a bit out of control on occasion, but K&T won because of the Collective Voyage/Treacherous Terrain combo (hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!) followed next turn by K&T attacking the remaining (Vampire) player and then getting +20/+20 due to a bloodrushed Rubblehulk. Dragons wasn't in that game.

In the second game K&T won again - this time the Dragon deck got Fist of Suns turn 3, K&T on K&T's fourth turn got the dragon an extra land, and The Ur-Dragon on turn 4 (BWAHAHAHAA)

Then, an Assault Suited, Empyrial Amored K&T killed the Dragon deck with Commander damage before the Dragon deck got a turn 6 (I was playing Dragons)

It was pretty amazing :D

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

"I'm happy to serve as a quote machine" - Sheldon

Offline Profile