Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2018-Oct-22 7:16 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Grixmas 2017
AgePosted: 2017-Sep-17 2:20 am 

Grixmas 2017

Timeline:
    End of sign-up: (last date to submit your name for participation)
      25 Oct 17
    Verify Contact Data: (Last date to PM your information - because, inevitably, people will not include all 5 required items...)
      28 Oct 17
    Send Victim Names: (date by which you will receive a PM with instructions and your victim's name)
      30 Oct 17
    Package Send by: (All packages must be sent by this date)
      4 Dec 17

I am running a seasonal power exchange, where people will get a random Magic: the Gathering card from their secret Elder Dragon (I love when they give up their power so easily). If you are interested in receiving (and giving, though it is the receiving season) a card then you must PM me.

---

Your registration PM must include the following (Notes 1-3 are NOT optional, use N/A as needed):
(all five are required for each participant, follow instructions or be denied participation in my Grixmas Ceremony. I highly recommend you copy/paste the below into the PM and fill in all fields.)
    Name
    Address
    Additional Contact see Note 1
    Limiting Information see Note 2
    Regional Information see Note 3

I also require a PM to be sent within 48hrs when a package is sent or received. Tracking is not required but is highly encouraged (especially since, for US residents, flat rate Priority mail comes with free tracking and $50 of free insurance). If used, the tracking information should be in the "Package sent" PM as well. For international packages, you must submit the Customs label number (usually in the format "AA########AA" where the final two letters are the two letter code for the country of origin. Many int'l customs numbers that also have a barcode will function as tracking as well (for US senders, you must use the large white Customs form (2976-A) for the customs number to function as a tracking number in participating countries. It will always track until departing the US).

* Failure to PM your contact information by the deadline will preclude inclusion in this season's event.
* Failure to Communicate and/or follow directions (e.g. PM package information when you send or receive) will prevent participation in next year's program. You have been warned.
* Failure to post receipt - When you receive your package, after sending me the confirmation PM, you should post to the thread how awesome (or aweful) your package was. Include pictures. These posts are what enable people to vote for the season ending gifts (if you would like to win, and who doesn't, then your victim will have needed a compelling post about how great you are. Show the person sending to you the same courtesy. If you can't host your pictures, we can coordinate for you to email them to me or my slave and we will host them and send you the link to add to your receive post. Failure to include pictures won't get you a one year ban (it just makes you a bad forumite) but failure to post to the thread that you have received will.

---

Please feel free to post a 'requests' post with the type of cards that you would be most excited about getting (remember, you're not going to get a Black Lotus so keep it realistic and remember these are requests, you are not guaranteed to get any of them). Because I always encourage the defacement of property, alters are always encouraged; especially "sharpy" based alters. Previously successful request schema include:

Linking a decklist from which options may be chosen (if you reference a deck... Link it! If you need an excel sheet to autocard your deck list for posting, PM me.)
    Altered/Promo versions of Generals being played
    Alter Requests - Specific card(s) (something like "Altered Storm Crow" - Viperion's request)
    Alter Requests - Specific theme (something like "any card altered to a 'My Little Pony theme'" - Segrus' Request)
    Cards signed by the sender
    Interesting Generals (altered or not)
    Old cards that would not see printing now (abilities out of rarity or color like Sindbad, odd effects like Balduvian Shaman)
    Tokens (normal, altered, store promo or home-made)

This is an EDH forum so EDH staples are probably the best type of card to send. Also altered or signed versions of cards help make your gift unique. Changes to what you are wishing for should be made by updating the original request post (since that will be linked to your name on the next post). Also, PM me and/or post in the thread that you have updated your request information, especially if changes are made after your information is updated to Post 2 below.

The second post of this thread will have all information summarized and linked by participant, once participants are confirmed. (see Grixmas 2014 Summary for an example)

It is highly recommended that you take a picture of your package contents before sending. This allows redress should a parcel be lost in the mail (you need contents lists and photos for them to look for the package, at least for US Mail) and it also allows me to request contents pictures should the recipient be unable to post pictures upon receipt of the package.

Note 1 wrote:

Participation requires that you supply an email address. Email addresses are required for Donations SASE use and/or Paypal donations. The point is that I need some way other than Forum PM to contact you should plans drastically change with minimal notice. This is not shared at large, only I and my Slave will have access, and only for emergency contact.

Note 2 wrote:

If you will be away from the registration address provided for greater than 48 hours between 1 Dec 2017 and 15 Jan 2018, please provide that information.
Reasons may include (but are not limited to) Vacation, Holiday Travel, Business Travel, Moving, and being too lazy to check your mail regularly. Otherwise, please put N/A in the registration if there is no planned "away time;" and, should that change, notify me as soon as possible so arrangements can be made regarding delivery.

Note 3 wrote:

If your participation is limited by region, include what region (Country(ies), Continent(s), Region(s)) to which you are willing to send. If you have no problems victimizing anyone, put N/A or Global. If I cannot pair somebody with a regional limitation, I will PM them back and we can discuss options.

Golden Rule: I can work with you on most circumstances, but the unforgivable offenses are failure to communicate and failure to follow instructions.

Due to an inability to follow my directions, the following Rebels have been blacklisted for this year only. They are invited to try again in 2018, but must sit out one year because they can't follow directions. Don't be labelled a Rebel!
Masked Thespain
Wolfsbane706

I am accepting donations early for the program (rather than waiting until Murphy strikes). Your options, should you choose to donate, are:

- Mail a single card, personally altered and signed (good or bad, but not professionally altered unless you are the professional). The card should be from an EDH Pre-con -or- less than $1 (or local currency)
-- For those who wish to donate but shipping is prohibitive, I will send a SASE (or equivilent) for you to send the donation. PM for details.
- For those that prefer monetary donations, PM for my Paypal or other options. This will mostly go towards SASE coverage for card donations and shipping of prizes.

PM for address information before sending a donation. I am no longer at the previous address, and may be travelling.

Cards received will first be used to cover any packages that are lost to the mail. The goal is to have a bank of cards before any packages are lost, so there is no waiting time for donations to replace lost packages. All the remaining donations will be used for the season closing vote on most seasonal/appropriate gift.

PM if you have any questions, or ask in the thread.

Grixmas 2012 | Grixmas 2013 | Grixmas 2014 | Grixmas 2015 | Grixmas 2016 | Grixmas 2017 | Grixmas 2018

Last edited by St. Nic Bolas on 2017-Sep-24 10:25 am, edited 4 times in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Grixmas is coming...
AgePosted: 2017-Sep-17 2:20 am 

Number of Participants: 12

10 Participants Complete

12 Packages Sent

12 Packages Received

2 Donations - Treamayne, Inkeyes22

Senders and receivers should watch their respective summaries, so they can see when a package is coming toward them (receiver) and when it arrived (sender). Sender's also reference summaries for gift ideas (demands).

COMPLETE
Package Sent: 2 Jan 2018
Tracking Number: 9400109699937234555280
Package Received: 8 Jan 2018

Demands:
Alters: Any Grixmas themed alters would be cool. If you want to try something more ambitious, I have a bad habit of making tribal decks where the general doesn't match the tribe... so if you could alter any of these generals to go with the tribe, that would be really cool.
Alesha, Who Smiles at Death - Ally tribal
Inalla, Archmage Ritualist - Pirate tribal (treasure theme)
Nin, the Pain Artist - Elemental tribal
Rosheen Meanderer - Hydra tribal
Sygg, River Cutthroat - Ninja tribal (got some rogues too, but ninjas are cooler)
Zur the Enchanter - Zombie tribal

I am brewing up some new decks that I haven't gotten any cards for yet, so any cool cards you can think of for them would be awesome:
Gisela, Blade of Goldnight: Idea of the deck is to play every damage doubler effect and then kill people with Gut Shot and Mogg Fanatic.
Sek'Kuar, Deathkeeper: Not really sure what the deck will boil down to yet, but I want it to be built around Primal Forcemage and Ambuscade Shaman.
Yasova Dragonclaw: Idea of the deck is to steal creatures from your opponents and then equip them equipment that triggers for you and not the creature's controller (Captain's Claws, Infiltration Lens, Sword of the Animist). Need ways to make the creatures attack and defend myself if they attack me.

The only specific cards I need at the moment are some things from Commander 17:
Balan, Wandering Knight
Bloodforged Battle-axe
Disrupt Decorum
Heirloom Blade
Kindred Discovery
Path of Ancestry
Qasali Slingers
Scalelord Reckoner

Also, I really like all the Deserts from Amonkhet and Hour of Devastation, kinda been collecting those.

Not really keen on foils, so don't go out of your way there.

References:
Demands Post

COMPLETE
Package Sent: 13 Nov 2017
Tracking Number: N/A
Package Received: 18 Nov 2017

Demands:
Just any kind of mana dorks or mana rocks that produce GW really. Elves, signets.
For example:
Wood Elves, Avacyn's Pilgrim, Llanowar Elves, green elves or dorks that fetch forests like Yavimaya Dryad.
Utility GW stuff like Beast Within, Path to exile, StP, Oust, Last Breath, Soul Snare, that you might have kicking around.
Cheap GW lands, I'm really into Selesnya this year.

Below is a list that I am building. Anything not too expensive on this list would be super appreciated.

Of course, it goes without saying that Carrier Pigeons are super verboten, and altered ones even moreso. Do not go to this kind of effort! I beg you!

References:
Demands Post
New List

COMPLETE
Package Sent: 5 Nov 2017
Tracking Number: EM 054 893 669 CA
Package Received: 9 Nov 2017

Demands:
I collect spider cards and would like to get ones I don't have.
These are the ones I don't have:
Ancient Spider
Arachnoid
Goliath Spider
Graverobber Spider
Ishkanah, Grafwidow
Rib Cage Spider
Skysnare Spider

Others I would like:
Alpha/Beta non-alter Giant Spider
Spider tokens
Any altered spiders.

References:
Demands Post

COMPLETE
Package Sent: 4 Dec 2017
Tracking Number: 9505 5000 2784 7338 0010 65
Package Received: 8 Dec 2017

Demands:
I want Brainstorms or Ink-Eyes, or any other cards really...

If you have a G/W general that you think would be cool to build with (Rhys the Redeemed hint, hint) that would work too!

I have a RGB deck that is slowly becoming only Grixmas Alters, I will have to post a deck list soon. It is a decent deck as I don't just throw anything in there, but if it is G or R or B and Grixmas it will go in over something that is just generically powerful, for example Bartel Runeaxe is the commander because someone sent me one that year, and ironically I altered one and sent it to my victim person as well.

Or a Black Lotus![/quote]

References:
Demands Post

COMPLETE
Tracking Number: RN373858393GB
Package Received: 11 Dec 2017

Wishes:

Kazuul, Tyrant of the Cliffs
Vial Smasher the Fierce
Commandeer
Thran Dynamo
Eater of the Dead
Sulfur Falls
Dowsing Dagger
Spirebluff Canal
Jinxed Idol
Avarice Totem
Junktroller
Cabal Ritual

I collect Greg Staples art Diabolic Tutor.
Altered Saproling Tokens - A few Tangela-esque Saprolings would be awesome for Ghave.
Altered Ghave, Guru of Spores - Tangrowth
Altered Goblin tokens - go nuts with these. The sillier, the better.
Altered Plant Tokens - Pirhana Petes, Oddishes, Bulbasaurs, whatever. Go nuts!

Decks I currently play:
Minna and Denn, Wildborn
Selvala, Heart of the Wilds
Krenko, Mob Boss
Ghave, Guru of Spores
Norin the Wary

References:
Demands Post
Norin: The Ware-y

COMPLETE
Tracking Number: 9505513359077338144615
Package Received: 8 Dec 2017

Demands:
Fun creatures for Oros, he's mostly built but I'm having problems filling out the creatures without going to edhrec or something similar.

I already have:

References:
Demands Post

COMPLETE
Package Sent: 7 Nov 2017
Tracking Number: 9400111899560896072669
Package Received: 17 Nov 2017

Demands:
Here are some of the options I've come up with:
1) Numot could use some input in the way of your crap dragons. Either make some fun alter of a dragon already there, or let me know which crap dragon I'm missing by way of an alter version of it. My idea of an alter here isn't supposed to be something super complex unless you just really want to do that.

2) Any card you have that could be used as a Saproling token. I have this deck I haven't posted yet, and I'm thinking it would be fun to have fun tokens for it. Go crazy. If you got me 20 Bellsprout Pokemon cards, I'd use them. Alter some other card to have Saprolings in it. Surprise me!

3) Any legendary creature you want to see a budget deck version of (so far I've done something for Zur, Animar, Dralnu, Brago, Azami, and Marath--definitely don't do any of those). Budget, for me, means around the $50 mark while retaining the aim of going as low as possible while still being functional and interactive.

4) I'm cool with whatever you've got for me. The above are some things I came up with after some thought, but I'm not going to expect anything.

References:
Demands Post
Numot of the Crap Dragons
Decks

COMPLETE
Package Sent: 28 Nov 2017
Tracking Number: 9505 5114 4432 7332 1332 63
Package Received: 4 Dec 2017

Demands:
I'm still looking for a regular (not-textless) Cryptic Command.

Other than that, anything that seems like it might fit in one of my decks, or anything new and shiny. I'm not that picky, really

References:
Demands Post
Decks:
Noyan Dar, Roil Shaper
Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius (or Jori En, Ruin Diver)
Triad of Fates
Roon of the Hidden Realm (landfall)
Helldagriff
Heliod, God of the Sun
Karrthus, Tyrant of Jund
Sharuum the Hegemon
Drana, Kalastria Bloodchief
Brion Stoutarm
Teneb, the Harvester

COMPLETE
Package Sent: 17 Nov 2017
Tracking Number: UK Post: KK757523009GB
Package Received: 19 Nov 2017

Wishes:

I'm in love with Temur, Jeskai, and Abzan -- both in terms of the color identities and the clans from Tarkir. I'm also really loving my Mathas, Fiend Seeker deck, found in my signature. To those ends, my demands, arranged roughly in order of preference:

- An alter of Surrak Dragonclaw, Yasova Dragonclaw, Shaman of the Great Hunt, Mathas, Fiend Seeker, Shu Yun, the Silent Tempest, or Soulfire Grand Master -- being the characters in these colors I especially love.
- Monastery Mentor, Sarkhan Unbroken, The Locust God, or The Mimeoplasm, optionally altered (I don't own any of these and might not for a while)
- Any of your favourite spare cards you'd love to see in an Abzan or Temur deck, or your favourite instants/sorceries you'd enjoy seeing played in a Jeskai spellslinging deck, or a card you think I should use to meddle with the game in my Mathas, Fiend Seeker deck.
- A super pretty or super fun-looking card you just love and would love to see played, regardless of whether it fits into any of those plans. It'll probably fit into a color I want to build for eventually.
- A potent or super fun card from your favourite tribe.

(This is one of those "can't go wrong" scenarios. Especially backed up by you can just send me anything other than that.)

I came into the game post-Gatecrash, so anything from before that set is something I'm virtually guaranteed not to have, but ofc you can send me more recent cards too.

I love making games fun for people and doing fun things more than I love winning, so emphasis on fun-ness over winning-ness for me.

References:
Demands Post
Mathas Decklist
Surrak Dragonclaw Decklist

COMPLETE
Package Sent: 5 Dec 2017
Tracking Number: LH026620457US

Demands:
I've a few things I'm after specifically, but I'll provide a range based on how generous my Grixmas patron chooses to be. I'd appreciate English language versions of my requests, if possible.

My greatest wish would be for a Verdant Catacombs, Steam Vents and Sulfur Falls to finish my manabases. I've also been trying to track down a Gateway promo of Mind Stone for forever, so anyone who can find one has my deepest gratitude.

If these prove too difficult, expensive and so on, I'll happily take anything that might be useful for my current decks (links below). Foils or Grixmas-themed alters- even small or very silly ones- would be very much appreciated!

References:
Demands Post
Sigada, Heron's Grace (Human/Vehicle Tribal
Daretti, Scrap Savant (Artefact Reanimator)
Sek'Kuar, Deathkeeper (Shadowborn Apostles)
Kess, Dissident Mage (Polymorphs)
Rubinia Soulsinger (Bant Steal/Sacrifice)

COMPLETE
Package Sent: 11 Dec 2017
Tracking Number: 1141 5793 7345 1635 12
Package Received: 20 Dec 2017

Demands:
I picked up a Grimlock last month, and plan on making a deck with him, so any transform cards with the art altered to be Transformers™ would be awesome!

Other things of interest would be a Hammer of Nazahn or any of the good tribal cards from the new Commander decks.

Past that, I have no idea. Some good altered Commander staples (especially to good comedic effect, or with movie references) are always welcome.

References:
Demands Post

COMPLETE
Package Sent: 28 Nov 2017
Tracking Number: CH029740564US

Demands:
My wants is kinda complicated but anything from the 183 wants from my puca would be fine. There's some Aether Revolt, intro pack cards, Ixalan, commander 2017 etc. on top of the wall of foils. If whoever gets me can't find something on there, just lmk and I'll find something else for them.

I missed out on pretty much everything from Aether Revolt onwards apart from a couple of pick-ups, so there's a cards on there from that, Amonkhet, Hour of Dev, Commander 2017, Ixalan in addition to my projects:

Full art land foils, filling out my planeswalker collection (please let there be one in Unglued!!), foiling Eldrazi & Sydri decks, pick-ups for UB Zombies & Gonti, a couple of Masterpieces, a goblin general, an elspeth token....

There's loads of stuff on there.

I play Norin (goblin/purphoros), Gonti (MBC/blink), Sydri (non-combo robots), Atraxa (superfriends), Eldrazi (BUG), Marath (Legends of Naya Wedge), The Mimeoplasm (run of the mill reanimator) & Anafenza (not particuliarly hate-bear humans). If you think of some off-the-wall tech cards that could go into those decks and make them fun, don't be shy.

References:
Demands Post
Puca Trade Profile

Grixmas 2012 | Grixmas 2013 | Grixmas 2014 | Grixmas 2015 | Grixmas 2016 | Grixmas 2017 | Grixmas 2018

Last edited by St. Nic Bolas on 2018-Jan-08 12:59 pm, edited 48 times in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Sep-17 2:21 am 

----------------------------------------
Voting Instructions

It's time to divvy donations with the prize winning vote to end the Grixmas Season. In true Grixmas fashion, you can base your votes on whatever criteria you wish. However, you may not vote for yourself or the gift you received. Parcels that were sent after Christmas are ineligible, sorry.

Each person's gift image(s) post is linked on below (Except Coco, whose parcel is ineligible and still awaiting arrival). Review all the gifts received and use the Recipient's Name on the spoiler tag to vote (because that is easier than tracking who sent to whom, and it is already linked by who received)

People that did not participate this year are still eligible to vote (the more votes, the better).

This is what I need from everybody:
- Please PM the following quote to Bolas with the names of your nominations:

Quote:
<NAME> for Winner Nomination (worth 5 points)
<NAME> for Runner Up Nomination (worth 3 points)
<NAME> for Gutter Nomination (worth 1 point)

I will tally all the votes received by Midnight 8 Jan 2018, post scores and PM the winners.

Winners
Congratulations to our top four:

1: Segrus (20 Points)
2: Coco (16 Points)
3a:Marit Lage (11 Points)
3b:Spacemonaut (11 Points)

Winners, stand by for PMs.
Spoils

Barring any unforeseen Lost Package replacement parcels, here is the current donation tally and breakout for prizes in the season ending vote. One Package has not yet been received.

Here is a list of all the cards up for grabs:

List:
Winner - First place picks two of the following, runner up gets the third:

Additional Prize Choices:
Winner gets first choice of each category. Runner up gets second choice, and Gutter winner gets teh dregs. Grab bag is split between all three winners.

Summaries
References:
Receive Post

References:
Receive Post

Images

References:
Receive Post
Image Link

Images

References:
Receive Post
[url]Image Link[/url]

Images

References:
Receive Post
Image Link

Images

References:
Receive Post
[url]Image Link[/url]

Images

References:
Receive Post
Image Link

Images

References:
Receive Post
[url]Image Link[/url]

Images

References:
Receive Post
Image Link

Images

References:
Receive Post
Image Link

Images

References:
Receive Post

Images

References:
Receive Post
[url]Image Link[/url]

Images

Last edited by St. Nic Bolas on 2018-Jan-09 2:00 pm, edited 18 times in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Sep-19 2:32 pm 

Hail Hydra!

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Grixmas 2017
AgePosted: 2017-Sep-19 10:48 pm 

Grixmas is my favorite time of the year. I'm not sure I can fit this in right now, life is a bit of a mess (which, admittedly, I think I say every year). I'll think about adding some stuff to the prize pool, just to keep the spirit of Grixmas alive. Or dead and buried, depends on how you look at it.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Sep-20 12:47 am 

I'm in :)

Demands:
I collect spider cards and would like to get ones I don't have.
These are the ones I don't have:
Ancient Spider, Arachnoid, Goliath Spider, Graverobber Spider, Ishkanah, Grafwidow, Rib Cage Spider,Skysnare Spider

Others I would like:
Alpha/Beta non-alter Giant Spider
Spider tokens
Any altered spiders.

Obviously I would be happy with anything.

Last edited by Gurgi on 2017-Oct-08 10:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Sep-20 2:33 am 

Let's do this.

Edit:
Demands: fun creatures for Oros. He's mostly built, but I'm having problems filling out the creatures without going to edhrec or something similar.

Would prefer to ship in the U.S. if possible.

Update: list of what I've got already.

Last edited by Marit Lage on 2017-Oct-29 9:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Sep-20 4:17 am 

Holy crap Grixmas signup time already! Where did the year go?

Wishlist.... wow, I'll have to think on that. Fortunately I have more than a month.

I'm still looking for a not-textless Cryptic Command.

Other than that, anything that seems like it might fit in one of my decks, or anything new and shiny. I'm not that picky, really.

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Last edited by Sid the Chicken on 2017-Nov-06 1:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Sep-20 9:31 am 

In.

As usual I'd like to send within North America but can be coaxed otherwise if needed.

Demands:

Just to clarifiy:

Priority 1: Just any kind of mana dorks or mana rocks that produce GW really. Elves, signets.
For example: Wood Elves, Avacyn's Pilgrim, Llanowar Elves, green elves or dorks that fetch forests like Yavimaya Dryad, Wall of Roots, Sylcan Caryatid, etc.

Priority 1.1 Cheap GW lands, I'm really into Selesnya this year.

Nice to get: Utility GW stuff like Beast Within, Path to exile, StP, Oust, Last Breath, Soul Net, that you might have kicking around.

Edit: Meant Soul Snare, not Soul Net but I'll take Soul Net and the lucky charms (Crystal Rode or the updated ones) lol if they are kicking around in your bins! :D

Here is a list that I am building. Anything not too expensive on this list would be super appreciated.
http://www.mtgtop8.com/event?e=16610&d=302719&f=EDH
(OBviously there are pricey cards here that are not expected. But the smaller stuff is always nice in multiples, like Fiend Hunter, Wall of Roots, Vizier of Remedies (not on the list, I know)

Need to emphasize how happy I would be, Of course, it goes without saying that Carrier Pigeons are super verboten, and altered ones even moreso. Do not go to this kind of effort! I beg you!

P.S. As I bought a few Commander decks this year, expect some sundries from these to be included. Hope you can adapt to cat hairs and dragon scales, MUHAHAHAHA.
(Especially french Dragon scales, they were on sale. >_>)

Thanks!

Jugan, the Rising Star - Lifeblood Hydra is good, who knew?
Pre-Modern:
A Denying Wind.
Duel Commander:
Aminatou, the Fateshifter - ETB and Felidar Guardian-Oath of Teferi shenanigans.
Kari Zev, Skyship Raider - Unbridled Aggro

Find me Saturdays at the Wizard's Tower - Ottawa and occasional Mondays at Bridgehead Westboro for Duel Commander.

Last edited by CrazyPierre on 2017-Oct-31 12:10 am, edited 3 times in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Sep-20 10:37 am 

Demands:

Kazuul, Tyrant of the Cliffs
Vial Smasher the Fierce
Commandeer
Thran Dynamo
Eater of the Dead
Sulfur Falls
Dowsing Dagger
Spirebluff Canal
Jinxed Idol
Avarice Totem
Junktroller
Cabal Ritual

I collect Greg Staples art Diabolic Tutor.
Altered Saproling Tokens - A few Tangela-esque Saprolings would be awesome for Ghave.
Altered Ghave, Guru of Spores - Tangrowth
Altered Goblin tokens - go nuts with these. The sillier, the better.
Altered Plant Tokens - Pirhana Petes, Oddishes, Bulbasaurs, whatever. Go nuts!

Decks I currently play:
Minna and Denn, Wildborn
Selvala, Heart of the Wilds
Krenko, Mob Boss
Ghave, Guru of Spores
Norin the Wary

Gath Immortal wrote:
Twenty Kavus and a Dream is not a legacy deck.

Last edited by kirkusjones on 2017-Oct-15 11:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Sep-20 11:48 am 

We didn't get around to jamming cardboard under my nails, but I'm sure there's still enough Storm Crows in the world to simulate another of the tortures.

I'll jump in again this year.

Here are some of the options I've come up with:
1) Numot could use some input in the way of your crap dragons. Either make some fun alter of a dragon already there, or let me know which crap dragon I'm missing by way of an alter version of it. My idea of an alter here isn't supposed to be something super complex unless you just really want to do that.

2) Any card you have that could be used as a Saproling token. I have this deck I haven't posted yet, and I'm thinking it would be fun to have fun tokens for it. Go crazy. If you got me 20 Bellsprout Pokemon cards, I'd use them. Alter some other card to have Saprolings in it. Surprise me!

3) Any legendary creature you want to see a budget deck version of (so far I've done something for Zur, Animar, Dralnu, Brago, Marath, and Azami--definitely don't do any of those). Budget, for me, means around the $50 mark while retaining the aim of going as low as possible while still being functional and interactive.

4) I'm cool with whatever you've got for me. The above are some things I came up with after some thought, but I'm not going to expect anything.

Last edited by Segrus on 2017-Oct-08 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Sep-20 6:06 pm 

Is this available in the UK too? I'd like to be in if so. (Yes it is! Thanks Tim for telling me.)

I'm in!

I'm in love with Temur, Jeskai, and Abzan -- both in terms of the color identities and the clans from Tarkir. I'm also really loving my Mathas, Fiend Seeker deck, found in my signature. To those ends, my demands, arranged roughly in order of preference:

- An alter of Surrak Dragonclaw, Yasova Dragonclaw, Shaman of the Great Hunt, Mathas, Fiend Seeker, Shu Yun, the Silent Tempest, or Soulfire Grand Master -- being the characters in these colors I especially love.
- Monastery Mentor, Sarkhan Unbroken, The Locust God, or The Mimeoplasm, optionally altered (I don't own any of these and might not for a while)
- Any of your favourite spare cards you'd love to see in an Abzan or Temur deck, or your favourite instants/sorceries you'd enjoy seeing played in a Jeskai spellslinging deck, or a card you think I should use to meddle with the game in my Mathas, Fiend Seeker deck.
- A super pretty or super fun-looking card you just love and would love to see played, regardless of whether it fits into any of those plans. It'll probably fit into a color I want to build for eventually.
- A potent or super fun card from your favourite tribe.

(This is one of those "can't go wrong" scenarios. Especially backed up by you can just send me anything other than that.)

I came into the game post-Gatecrash, so anything from before that set is something I'm virtually guaranteed not to have, but ofc you can send me more recent cards too.

I love making games fun for people and doing fun things more than I love winning, so emphasis on fun-ness over winning-ness for me.

Last edited by spacemonaut on 2017-Oct-03 9:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Sep-21 12:09 am 

Segrus wrote:
We didn't get around to jamming cardboard under my nails, but I'm sure there's still enough Storm Crows in the world to simulate another of the tortures.

I'll jump in again this year.

I lost to a Storm Crow in a pack wars ($1 packs at my local LGS). It had this equipment that made it gain a +1/+1 counter every turn and I couldn't deal. I may be the only MtG player to have lost a pack wars t oa Carrier Pigeons AND a Storm Crow.

:(

Jugan, the Rising Star - Lifeblood Hydra is good, who knew?
Pre-Modern:
A Denying Wind.
Duel Commander:
Aminatou, the Fateshifter - ETB and Felidar Guardian-Oath of Teferi shenanigans.
Kari Zev, Skyship Raider - Unbridled Aggro

Find me Saturdays at the Wizard's Tower - Ottawa and occasional Mondays at Bridgehead Westboro for Duel Commander.

Last edited by CrazyPierre on 2017-Oct-25 1:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Sep-21 1:44 am 

spacemonaut wrote:
Is this available in the UK too? I'd like to be in if so.

Yes, it is, it's international!

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Sep-22 7:56 pm 

Registration is open. If you have already posted in thread, please update that post for your Demands/Requests/Wishes. Except Tim, we know you want nothing but Homarids this year...

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next