Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Mar-22 9:34 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hour of Devastation
AgePosted: 2017-Jun-21 10:09 pm 

ImageImageImageImage

Best. Stormcrow. EVER!!

I'm a big fan of plain old Greed. - intrepid
Greed is for pussies. Phyrexian Reclamation + Street Wraith -- twice the cost, four times the manliness. - Filth

Member of Project Every-Deck
Current EDH Decks
Mayael the Anima // Garza Sol, Plague Queen // Scion of the Ur-Dragon // Kresh the Bloodbraided // Rikku of Two Reflections // Kaalia of the Vast // Rafiq of the Many // Rakdos, Lord of Riots

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jun-22 1:02 am 

Everblight wrote:
Best. Stormcrow. EVER!!

It requires green, so it's a strictly worse Stormcrow. :wink:

Vorel of the Hull Clade - Abusing counters for fun and profit

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jun-22 1:07 am 

ImageImage

Greed is for pussies. Phyrexian Reclamation + Street Wraith -- twice the cost, four times the manliness. - Filth

Current EDH Decks
Mayael the Anima // Garza Sol, Plague Queen // Scion of the Ur-Dragon // Kresh the Bloodbraided // Rikku of Two Reflections // Kaalia of the Vast // Rafiq of the Many // Rakdos, Lord of Riots

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jun-22 1:35 am 

I had an idea to make a silly Rhys the Redeemed deck where all the cards had a CMC of 1.

I would make Uncage the Menagerie the exception.

Starke of Rath -> Wrath of Starke: MRC

Proving Grounds: Drawmia-maro, Titania When Lands Attack, Tromokratis Read it Again, Kaalia's Klerics, Hordes of Tribes.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jun-22 1:37 am 

Everblight wrote:

Not sure if this will make Snake Tribal - the token is nice, but the untap restriction is meant for faster formats...
Quote:

However, I think this *has* to slot directly into Beast tribal. Six 6 CMC beasts for 8 mana? Yes, please.

HK

Hazezon Tamar - Manland theme
Seshiro the Anointed - Snake Tribal
Jedit Ojanen of Efrava - Cat and Warrior Dual Tribal
Doran, the Seige Tower - Wall Tribal
Progenitus - Hydra themed Proliferate Deck
Karona, the False God - Backstabbing Hug

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jun-22 1:46 am 

ImageImageImage

"Rebuilding Khenra"
1G
Creature - Jackal Wizard
When this creature enters the battlefield, you may give target creature +X/+X until end of turn, where X is Rebuilding Khenra's power.
Eternalize 4GG
2/2

Well here we've got another of Lilys Demons. Lets hope that one doesn't go the Griselbrand way.

Current EDH Decks

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jun-22 3:03 am 

So uh, is Razaketh a fixed Griselbrand for EDH? That ability is wicked powerful, but does have a significantly larger cost (for what is fairly, a significantly more powerful ability when costs aren't considered.)

Also, Uncage looks like a super fun build-around.

Defender
Wall of chat exceeds at using a lot of words to mischaracterize opposing view points.

Warp Riders (Ephara Solar Flare)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jun-22 5:32 am 

All of the legends look pretty damn good this set, though I have to nitpick the Scarab God for not being a combo piece with the other ones like some people thought it would be. Still, that new demon is Wizards saying Meren decks clearly needed help because no one used her before right?

/s

Current Decks:

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jun-23 4:50 am 

I don't see the appeal of these legends. I feel like I've been really contrarian with this block but I'm just not feeling it. I don't want to step on toes, but yeah.

Djeru seems like a legend for a person who really wants a planeswalker as their general instead. Which seems like another shot at subverting the rules, which I'm not a fan of. Razaketh has basically nothing to build around.

Unesh is yet another "tribal" legend for a tribe that doesn't have enough creatures to build a deck for. Creatures who are about as unsynergistic as they come. Half the reason to run tribal is to be able to play cards like Coat of Arms effectively and there just isn't enough there. This one probably gets under my skin the most because I really like sphinxes as mythological characters and none of them have felt right to me. Either way to inflammatory (Sharuum,Medomai) or underpowered (everybody else). So seeing a rarer type get a poor legend makes the wait until that good one feel all the more excruciating.

The "X" Gods are fine. It would have made more sense if Scarab milled instead of scrying. Scorpion seems less interesting to me then Hapatra, but that's just taste I guess. Locust is just another wheel deck. To be fair to him I did say a legend with an unsupported "tribe" should make it's own army and he does.

Neheb is the closest. I like the idea of red finally getting "burn the world" type legends but Hazoret seems better for it with her ability to survive your Earthquakes without having to limit how much you put into them.

Last edited by Nazotchi on 2017-Jun-23 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jun-23 4:59 am 

With the naming convention for the aftermath cards being X to Y, as in Farm // Market, I got a sudden desire for them to print Swords // Plowshares as an aftermath...

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jun-24 8:32 am 

scatteredsun wrote:
I had an idea to make a silly Rhys the Redeemed deck where all the cards had a CMC of 1.

I would make Uncage the Menagerie the exception.

I'm pretty sure that would be terrible - unless I'm missing something, you search for X creatures with CMC of X. So if your deck is all CMC 1, it's basically a 3-mana tutor that finds you a single 1-drop.

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jun-26 12:29 am 

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

A 3 mana Stifle that draws you a card AND can't be countered? I'll take a hundred thank you very much!!

Current EDH Decks

Last edited by Everblight on 2017-Jun-26 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jun-26 1:27 am 

Everblight wrote:

This is the scariest thing I have ever seen. I guess either Witchbane Orb or Scour from Existence are now an auto-include in every deck without white, blue, or green, and even decks with those colors will want to make sure they have answers to it, rather than the Bane of Progress and Aura of Silence that this laughs off.

I am deeply saddened that Seht's Tiger is useless* against the strongest curse printed so far. On the other hand, I am very happy to have compelling reasons to target noncreature cards with Obzedat's Aid and Profound Journey and, most of all, Crime. It seemed as though 90% of the time the fact that those cards could target other permanent types was irrelevant.

*(EDIT) I forgot Tiger can still be used as a counterspell if an opponent hard-casts Splendor targeting you, but Tiger won't help when they sacrifice Academy Rector and you don't know for sure that Splendor is what they're going to find or that it will be placed on you. Tiger also will not help if you draw it after the curse is attached to you.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jun-26 4:01 am 

ImageImage

Well well well ....... those two do work together quite nicely. :D

Current EDH Decks

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jun-26 6:37 am 

Mr Degradation wrote:
So uh, is Razaketh a fixed Griselbrand for EDH? That ability is wicked powerful, but does have a significantly larger cost (for what is fairly, a significantly more powerful ability when costs aren't considered.)

Also, Uncage looks like a super fun build-around.

While I don't doubt Griselbrand is the stronger card in general, Razaketh is the same type of card and it's all too easy to circumvent the "sacrifice another creature" clause with cards like Bitterblossom and bloodghast. A monocolour, 8 mana "pay double X life, sac X creatures, where X is the number of combo pieces you need" that can act as your commander is nothing to scoff at. The sacrifice a creature "cost" is also potentially damning, as anything with "sacrifice a creature:" for free is a combo piece waiting to happen and this is a black single demon that don't need no help findin' his other combo pieces.

On the other hand, Razaketh doesn't gain you two life and a goat to sacrifice every combat, so it will never be the one card synergistic value engine that griselbrand is. It straight up handing you the cards to make a synergistic value engine on a silver platter doesn't change that.

Yasova Dragonclaw - Yasova Tinyclaw/Slightly-less-tinyclaw
Kruphix, God of Horizons - That Which Was Taken by Kruphix
Selvala, Explorer Returned - Blackless dredge
Freyalise, Llanowar's Fury - Monogreen Superfriends
Pharika, God of Affliction - Hemlock

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next