Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-May-26 4:40 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hour of Devastation
AgePosted: 2017-Jun-20 2:08 am 

ImageImageImage

Swarm Intelligence
6U
Enchantment
Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell, you may copy that spell. You may choose new targets for the copy.

I'm a big fan of plain old Greed. - intrepid
Greed is for pussies. Phyrexian Reclamation + Street Wraith -- twice the cost, four times the manliness. - Filth

Member of Project Every-Deck
Current EDH Decks
Mayael the Anima // Garza Sol, Plague Queen // Scion of the Ur-Dragon // Kresh the Bloodbraided // Rikku of Two Reflections // Kaalia of the Vast // Rafiq of the Many // Rakdos, Lord of Riots

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jun-20 3:13 am 

:shock: Solemnity and swarm intelligence go straight on my buylist. I'm impressed with this set so far; it's fairly dense with commander relevant cards.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jun-20 5:31 am 

zimagic wrote:
They are currently the only two cards that interest me from HOD. :(

That's too bad. I'm really digging a lot of these right now.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jun-20 6:09 am 

I'm actually wondering how popular Solemnity would be with persist cards (e.g. Twilight Shepherd, Glen Elendra Archmage, Kitchen Finks, Kithkin Spellduster, River Kelpie)...

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jun-20 6:45 am 

Skyknight wrote:
I'm actually wondering how popular Solemnity would be with persist cards (e.g. Twilight Shepherd, Glen Elendra Archmage, Kitchen Finks, Kithkin Spellduster, River Kelpie)...

I would rock Archmage and Solemnity all day long.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jun-20 7:35 am 

niheloim wrote:
Skyknight wrote:
You're bad and you should feel bad. May as well run it in your Grand Arbiter deck, amirite? :P

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

"I'm happy to serve as a quote machine" - Sheldon

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jun-20 10:42 am 

Viperion wrote:
niheloim wrote:
Skyknight wrote:
You're bad and you should feel bad. May as well run it in your Grand Arbiter deck, amirite? :P

Thats my next deck. Thanx!

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jun-20 1:25 pm 

Oh! This is the new face of dedicated colorless graveyard hate. For one mana more than Relic of Progenitus, it sits around targeting precise cards you want to remove until it's time to use the emergency button. It is hard for me to imagine this replacing Relic in any random deck, both because of the 1 mana more to cast (which also prevents it from being Trinket Mage-able) and because it doesn't draw a card. However, if Relic was in your deck because your meta was revolving heavily around graveyards, I think this does a better job of keeping that in check (but you should probably include both).

I'm really loving this set for Commander.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jun-20 3:18 pm 

I'm all for cards that make cards I play better without having to even include it in my deck...

Everyone I know is cheering the "hate" potential of Solemnity but they're all overlooking how it just breaks undying and persist, is another "combo" for dark depths and so much more... They'll learn soon enough.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jun-20 4:20 pm 

Calling it right now: Solemnity either gets banned in multiple formats or ends up stupidly expensive $-wise.

I mean, Melira, Sylvok Outcast has (had?) her day in the sun in Modern and Legacy and this thing is far more powerful.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jun-20 9:55 pm 

Thats a really powerful card ........ too bad its in such an ugly-ass frame. Never gonna put one of these crap designs into any of my decks. Not EDH. Not Cube. Not Standard. Blergh.

Greed is for pussies. Phyrexian Reclamation + Street Wraith -- twice the cost, four times the manliness. - Filth

Current EDH Decks
Mayael the Anima // Garza Sol, Plague Queen // Scion of the Ur-Dragon // Kresh the Bloodbraided // Rikku of Two Reflections // Kaalia of the Vast // Rafiq of the Many // Rakdos, Lord of Riots

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jun-20 11:25 pm 

Well now this is a nice card. :D

Current EDH Decks

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jun-21 12:09 am 

Everblight wrote:

Another blue-red legend without any relation to artifacts!

(I get that there are flavor reasons for this design, but at this point it's almost funny how the stars never align to make possible the long-awaited Izzet-colored artifact commander.)

Vorel of the Hull Clade - Abusing counters for fun and profit

Last edited by Malekoda on 2017-Jun-21 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jun-21 2:34 am 

Driven to Despair is ridiculous. I agree the frane is weird... but I dont care enough to not run this.

That new Sphinx is perfect for my 100% flyers Isperia deck. It runs a number of Sphinx creatures.

The Locust God is awesome.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jun-21 6:05 pm 

So, I'm very confused about Djeru's card.

-Did he redeem himself after the Hour of Devastation began?
-What's up with his color identity? I thought after what he did in the Trial Ambition his card would be WB. The abilities don't even conflict a 3WB creature.
-I think he's likely to be a house MonoW general because of the quality of mono White walkers, which is refreshing- But how does he compare to Darien or Nahiri?
-And ofcourse, this begs the question... Is WotC trying to crack the issues of Mono W and Boros commanders? Should we get our hopes up for Boros cards support and alleviate the issues related to being stuck with purely combat oriented generals (a Boros mechanic equivalent to Coastal Piracy maybe?)

HoD looks absolutely sweet. So far, I'm digging everything about it. The gods show that there are still plenty of ways to make God cards flavorful and cool. Hour of Revelation and Angel of Condemnation are outright raw hearthrobs for me, I may actually just replace Akroma's Vengeance in some decks. The "*God*'s Last X" cards are touching, and supremely easy to undervalue, but I think the cost-to-effect makes them fairly perfect, and they'll shine in EDH where mana rocks are always flowing. I really like clever downsides that can be turned into not-downsides.

Does anyone else just want to jam Neheb, the Eternal into their decks with mountains? Seems like a real gift to Mardu and Boros decks.

Atleast 4 new Gold cards haven't been spoiled, possibly up to 10- so there's some excitement there.

Also, I really like The Scarab God. I don't think it will dethrone Gisa and Geralf, or Grimgrin, Corpse-Born- but it's another commander that reminds us all how much Mirko Vosk is a waste of good cardstock. Always excited about cards that indirectly support Skaab Ruinator o__O Which I think is the most underrated U Zombie since people thought Fatestitcher was draft trash.

Defender
Wall of chat exceeds at using a lot of words to mischaracterize opposing view points.

Warp Riders (Ephara Solar Flare)

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next