Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2018-Nov-17 7:26 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Hour of Devastation
AgePosted: 2017-Jun-01 2:44 am 

[spoiler="Bontu's Last Reckoning"]Image[/spoiler]

Starke of Rath -> Wrath of Starke: MRC

Proving Grounds: Drawmia-maro, Titania When Lands Attack, Tromokratis Read it Again, Kaalia's Klerics, Hordes of Tribes.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Hour of Devastation
AgePosted: 2017-Jun-01 4:10 am 

I really like both. Bolas cuz its bolas. Reckoning cuz its awesome- Ima gonna tap my artifacts instead suckers!

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jun-01 4:12 am 

Samut the Tested + Wheel of Sun and Moon + Heart of Kiran + Doubling Season.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jun-01 7:06 am 

Really big fan of Bontu's Last Reckoning. The character is cool, the effect is cool, the additional cost is very flavorful. Looking forward to seeing it in practice.

It's cool that Samut is a Fireshrieker planeswalker, people have been asking for once since the Ajani that gives doublestrike as a downtick went live. The -2 is also intriguing, it's super flexible which I think is way better than just giving her a generic Bolt mode.

Bolas is just sortof fluff imo. Ugin, the Spirit Dragon was made to parallel to Shards card, this one Parallels Ugin. It's a cool collector's piece, but is another unwieldy aggravation card. It's the sort of "mean Timmy" card we've expected from Bolas. Still, think Bolas' coolest contribution is the "Horn Lands" (which look WAY better in person than they did in pixels.)

Defender
Wall of chat exceeds at using a lot of words to mischaracterize opposing view points.

Warp Riders (Ephara Solar Flare)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jun-01 7:36 am 

Mr Degradation wrote:

Bolas is just sortof fluff imo.

blasphemy!

But I was thinking the same thing. I don't think I would choose the 7 mana Bolas over the 8. I mean... I think I'll slot him in my grixis decks, but I'm not overly pleased with him other than the art and the name an the fact that its NICOL BOLAS!

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jun-01 9:01 am 

Samut's -2 is a bit underpowered isn't it? Leaving her(?) on 2 loyalty and probably not wiping the opponent's board isn't exactly good. The Ult is obviously bonkers broken though and the +1 is pretty amazing.

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

"I'm happy to serve as a quote machine" - Sheldon

Online Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jun-02 6:15 am 

Well, unless they ban Marvel I'll be selling my Nikki Bs as soon as I get them.

I'm a big fan of plain old Greed. - intrepid
Greed is for pussies. Phyrexian Reclamation + Street Wraith -- twice the cost, four times the manliness. - Filth

Member of Project Every-Deck
Current EDH Decks
Mayael the Anima // Garza Sol, Plague Queen // Scion of the Ur-Dragon // Kresh the Bloodbraided // Rikku of Two Reflections // Kaalia of the Vast // Rafiq of the Many // Rakdos, Lord of Riots

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jun-03 3:21 am 

Viperion wrote:
Samut's -2 is a bit underpowered isn't it? Leaving her(?) on 2 loyalty and probably not wiping the opponent's board isn't exactly good. The Ult is obviously bonkers broken though and the +1 is pretty amazing.

It's sortof the Domri Rade principal. If your opponent takes the time to swing into Samut out of fear, you get the initiative of the crack-back. Also, the ability to ping 2 things is pretty swag. In the realm of EDH, the damage might not matter so much, but turning on Bloodthirst or similar effects is totally worth it. Also, the +1 is just scary enough to mess with the table.

Defender
Wall of chat exceeds at using a lot of words to mischaracterize opposing view points.

Warp Riders (Ephara Solar Flare)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jun-03 3:50 am 

Mr Degradation wrote:
Viperion wrote:

It's sortof the Domri Rade principal. If your opponent takes the time to swing into Samut out of fear, you get the initiative of the crack-back. Also, the ability to ping 2 things is pretty swag. In the realm of EDH, the damage might not matter so much, but turning on Bloodthirst or similar effects is totally worth it. Also, the +1 is just scary enough to mess with the table.

I wish the double strike had been until the beginning of your next turn. The creature version had vigilance and the ability to untap another creature making double strike on other turns relevant.

It also would have allowed for some neat multiplayer politics if you can give double strike to an opponents creature and have it really matter.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jun-06 6:07 am 

niheloim wrote:
It also would have allowed for some neat multiplayer politics if you can give double strike to an opponents creature and have it really matter.

Agreed, but I suspect the Standard impact mattered here. A single, decent Vigilance creature and you're swinging and blocking with impunity, every turn until you ultimate.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jun-06 7:45 am 

tarnar wrote:
niheloim wrote:

Agreed, but I suspect the Standard impact mattered here. A single, decent Vigilance creature and you're swinging and blocking with impunity, every turn until you ultimate.

Standard ruins everything! Gawsh!

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jun-13 6:58 pm 

ImageImageImageImage

Greed is for pussies. Phyrexian Reclamation + Street Wraith -- twice the cost, four times the manliness. - Filth

Current EDH Decks
Mayael the Anima // Garza Sol, Plague Queen // Scion of the Ur-Dragon // Kresh the Bloodbraided // Rikku of Two Reflections // Kaalia of the Vast // Rafiq of the Many // Rakdos, Lord of Riots

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jun-13 10:11 pm 

Excavator looks like a staple.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jun-14 12:13 am 

I think the right play is you always block the Red Zombie Jackal, agreed?

Atraxa Superfriends
Yidris Eldrazi (4C Devoid)
Sissay Angel Oath
Wort's Goblin Conspiracy
Gonti's Mega-Bouncy Castle

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jun-15 1:52 am 

Well, that one ain't so bad either.

Current EDH Decks

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next