Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Mar-23 4:01 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Idiotic Combo
AgePosted: 2017-Jun-09 1:45 am 

Sid the Chicken wrote:
scatteredsun wrote:
Paradise Mantle +Pemmin's Aura + Inspired creature

Some of my Inspired choices:

Sphinx's Disciple - Draw your deck
Siren of the Silent Song - all opponents lose their hand and their library
Oreskos Sun Guide - infinite life
Arbiter of the Ideal - with a deck with no spells, PW, or other enchantments, you could put your deck on the battlefield

I like it. King Macar is another strong choice there. You could do this without blue, but it's a lot harder. Umbral Mantle can handle the untap, and then you'd need Heartstone and Sculpting Steel (copying Heartstone) to reduce the cost to 1.

I thought about Umbral Mantle but Pemmin's Aura has been a long time favorite of mine.

I do like having to add two cards to get Umbral Mantle to work though!

Starke of Rath -> Wrath of Starke: MRC

Proving Grounds: Drawmia-maro, Titania When Lands Attack, Tromokratis Read it Again, Kaalia's Klerics, Hordes of Tribes.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jun-09 9:00 am 

Here's a really idiotic combo:
Lich's Mirror + Donate + putting 10 or more poison counters on your opponent.
When the opponent with Lich's Mirror loses from having 10 poison counters, it will trigger but remain in play. Because they lost to poison counters, they will still have lost the game after Lich's Mirror's trigger resolves, so it will continue to trigger and end the game in a draw.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jun-11 7:31 am 

scatteredsun wrote:
Sid the Chicken wrote:
scatteredsun wrote:
Paradise Mantle +Pemmin's Aura + Inspired creature

Some of my Inspired choices:

Sphinx's Disciple - Draw your deck
Siren of the Silent Song - all opponents lose their hand and their library
Oreskos Sun Guide - infinite life
Arbiter of the Ideal - with a deck with no spells, PW, or other enchantments, you could put your deck on the battlefield

I like it. King Macar is another strong choice there. You could do this without blue, but it's a lot harder. Umbral Mantle can handle the untap, and then you'd need Heartstone and Sculpting Steel (copying Heartstone) to reduce the cost to 1.

I thought about Umbral Mantle but Pemmin's Aura has been a long time favorite of mine.

I do like having to add two cards to get Umbral Mantle to work though!

Honor-worn Shaku makes Macar nuke creatures at one mana a pop also. Remember that you're tapping him for mana with mantle or Shaku, so a second Heartstone is unnecessary.

Don't forget his gold!!

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jun-11 12:58 pm 

Marit Lage wrote:
Honor-worn Shaku makes Macar nuke creatures at one mana a pop also. Remember that you're tapping him for mana with mantle or Shaku, so a second Heartstone is unnecessary.

Don't forget his gold!!

Honor-worn could replace Paradise Mantle if you're using a legendary, true, but I don't think it goes infinite, except in Macar's case. For a general infinite inspired combo, you need to get the umbral mantle's cost down to 1, so that you can make as much mana as you need to untap each time you tap the creature.

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jun-12 1:55 am 

Another reason for Pemmin's Aura :)

7 card board wipe combo

Infinite Mana and Artifact Tokens - Myr Galvanizer + Splinter Twin with Palladium Myr on the field

Also on the field:

Clock of Omens, Karn, Silver Golem, Liquimetal Coating

Use the infinite tokens to turn everything into an artifact with Liquimetal Coating
Use the infinite mana to turn all those artifacts into creatures

Then shoot them all with Starke of Rath + Thornbite Staff!

Why? Because this is the Idiotic Combo thread and Mycosynth Lattice is just lazy! :D

Proving Grounds: Drawmia-maro, Titania When Lands Attack, Tromokratis Read it Again, Kaalia's Klerics, Hordes of Tribes.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jun-12 4:33 am 

scatteredsun wrote:
7 card board wipe combo

Infinite Mana and Artifact Tokens - Myr Galvanizer + Splinter Twin with Palladium Myr on the field

Also on the field:

Clock of Omens, Karn, Silver Golem, Liquimetal Coating

Use the infinite tokens to turn everything into an artifact with Liquimetal Coating
Use the infinite mana to turn all those artifacts into creatures

Then shoot them all with Starke of Rath + Thornbite Staff!

Why? Because this is the Idiotic Combo thread and Mycosynth Lattice is just lazy! :D

Why do you want to change the artifacts into creatures? Stark hits both artifacts and creatures. And I'm pretty sure you don't get to use Stark more than once because he untaps after you lose control of him?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jun-12 6:13 am 

MrCool wrote:
Why do you want to change the artifacts into creatures? Stark hits both artifacts and creatures. And I'm pretty sure you don't get to use Stark more than once because he untaps after you lose control of him?

Tap Liquimetal Coating to make Starke into an artifact, then when you activate him use Clock to untap him before passing priority and repeat until every permanent your opponents control have an ability targeting them. EDIT - which I guess means not only is Karn unnecessary, Thornbite Staff is as well.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jun-12 7:09 am 

Thornbite will untap Starke when a creature dies, hence turning them into creatures.

Hm, I thought there was a time you could respond after Thornbite untaps Starke but before he goes to the opponent. Now that I think about it, it wouldn't work. SO...add an 8th card to the combo, Darksteel Citadel. Then you can target it before targeting an opponents permanent.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jun-12 7:23 am 

Here's another good one:
Ageless Entity, Prime Zpeaker Zegana, Trostani, Selesnya's Voice, and Conjurer's closet. By the time you draw out your deck, you'll have 2 MASSIVE hitters at least and a ridiculous amount of life.

And with all that card draw, you'll likely have an answer or five to whatever kill spells and board wipes come your way.

Play order goes something like this: Play Trostani first, so that when you play Ageless Entity, it immediately becomes an 8/8. Follow that up with Zegana, who enters as a 9/9. Draw your nine cards, gain your nine life, and set Ageless Entity at 17/17. Play Closet (if you haven't already) and flicker Zegana at the end of your turn, draw 18 cards, gain 18 life, and set Ageless Entity at 35/35. The best part is, each time Zegana re-enters the battlefield, you're doubling the card draw and life gain from the last time, which is a nifty side effect I didn't notice until just now.

By the end of the first turn these four are in play together, you should have drawn at least 27 cards and gained 27 life.

What's even better is that this is another combo pulled from my deck that I had no idea about.

Carthain wrote:
The idea that you should be able to build your deck however you want and still be competitive is false, and a bad idea to have. Taken to the extreme, that's like making a deck with no removal in it, and then complaining that you can't win because stuff your opponents play gets in your way.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jun-12 10:13 am 

I had what I thought was a neat synergy go infinite when another piece was added.

Magistrate's Scepter + Coretapper didn't seem so bad alone. An extra turn every other trip around the table, pretty easily disrupted.

Imprinting the Coretapper onto a Mimic Vat, however, makes the loop complete every turn.

Izoni, Thousand Eyed (Elf Tribal-ish)
Tiana, Ship's Caretaker (Auras for Days)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jun-12 10:50 am 

Jeyal wrote:
I had what I thought was a neat synergy go infinite when another piece was added.

Magistrate's Scepter + Coretapper didn't seem so bad alone. An extra turn every other trip around the table, pretty easily disrupted.

Imprinting the Coretapper onto a Mimic Vat, however, makes the loop complete every turn.

My old Daretti deck's win condition was to do the tapper/scepter combo with his ult and a Darksteel Reactor

III Omnath, Locus of Mana III Thada Adel, Acquisitor III Geth, Lord of the Vault III Eight-and-a-Half-Tails III Zo-Zu the Punisher III BruseIkra III Kynaios and Tiro of Meletis III Kess, Dissident Mage, III AkriSilas III Grenzo, Havoc Raiser III Ghalta, Primal Hunger III Ambassador Laquatus III Anax and Cymede III Sidisi, Brood Tyrant III Shu Yun, the Silent Tempest III Ghave, Guru of Spores III Zurgo Helmsmasher III Yidris, Maelstrom Wielder III

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jun-12 10:52 am 

Is there an infinite flicker engine?

Carthain wrote:
The idea that you should be able to build your deck however you want and still be competitive is false, and a bad idea to have. Taken to the extreme, that's like making a deck with no removal in it, and then complaining that you can't win because stuff your opponents play gets in your way.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jun-12 11:06 am 

Wolfsbane706 wrote:

(preparing from groans from the audience)

Deadeye Navigator plus Palinchron* to give you infinite mana so you can infinitely flicker whatever you like with Deadeye Navigator

*Note the Palinchron here can be anything that untaps more than 2 mana worth of mana

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

"I'm happy to serve as a quote machine" - Sheldon

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jun-12 11:07 am 

Viperion wrote:
Wolfsbane706 wrote:

Deadeye Navigator plus Palinchron* to give you infinite mana so you can infinitely flicker whatever you like with Deadeye Navigator

*Note the Palinchron here can be anything that untaps more than 2 mana worth of mana

I'm looking for a way to make that combo I mentioned above a proper infinite combo.

Carthain wrote:

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jun-12 11:22 am 

Wolfsbane706 wrote:
Viperion wrote:
Wolfsbane706 wrote:

I'm looking for a way to make that combo I mentioned above a proper infinite combo.

Yeeeeessss.... add Deadeye Navigator and Palinchron/Great Whale/Peregrine Drake. Make infinite mana. Blink Deadeye, re-pairing with Zegana. Profit. (And deck yourself in very short order)

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

"I'm happy to serve as a quote machine" - Sheldon

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next