Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2018-Oct-22 7:17 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Idiotic Combo
AgePosted: 2017-Jul-04 2:10 am 

pi wrote:
I absolutely love Eureka + Uyo, Silent Prophet (optionally with something like Capsize or Reality Spasm for infinite mana).

I'm not quite following you here - I get that Eureka will put the lands you return to your hand to copy it back into play... but how are you netting mana from this?

That said that combo is awesome for my landfall deck and now I really need to find a Eureka.

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jul-04 4:48 am 

Sid the Chicken wrote:
pi wrote:
I absolutely love Eureka + Uyo, Silent Prophet (optionally with something like Capsize or Reality Spasm for infinite mana).

I'm not quite following you here - I get that Eureka will put the lands you return to your hand to copy it back into play... but how are you netting mana from this?

That said that combo is awesome for my landfall deck and now I really need to find a Eureka.

It would require a land that taps for multiples (untapped), lotus cobra, or a mana doubler but it would net mana that way.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jul-04 6:13 am 

Sid the Chicken wrote:
pi wrote:

By itself it's already infinite Eurekas (just leave the original one on the stack and keep copying it). What's not to like about infinite Eurekas? (I mean, the question was for idiotic combo after all).

Add something that untaps lands or bounces lands to the stack and you can copy those with Uyo too. As Eureka essentially makes the Uyo ability free by dropping the lands back into play, untaps are mana gains and bounces are too (as Eureka drops the bounced land into play untapped, assuming that's how it naturally enters play). Any other instant you add to the stack can be copied infinitely too.

You need something, but you don't necessarily need a land that taps for multiple, Cobra or a doubler (though they'd work too).

Resolving Eureka in a multiplayer game is a serious headache btw.

I dance all night and I sleep all day

3 Steps Ahead - I'm A Gabber

Automatically add card tags to the card names in any text:
http://manabase.com/autocard.php

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jul-07 2:13 am 

pi wrote:

Oh, that reminds me of Eureka and Monkey Cage!

You play Eureka and first thing you do is drop Monkey Cage. Then it will trigger for each creature that comes into play through Eureka -- but won't resolve until Eureka is finished resolving. Then you resolve all the triggers for it that happened.

And since the sacrifice is just part of the triggered effect and not a ".. if you do.." thing -- you get a whole lotta monkeys!

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jul-07 5:04 am 

OP doesn't say only EDH combos. So, I found an interesting one in my Tribal Legacy GUB Chimera 60 card:

<4x given Chimera> (e.g. Tin-wing Chimera)
Bloodbond March
Equilibrium
Ashnod's Altar

Cast Chimera, return 3 from the yard, sac 3 for 6 colorless, return 4th and repeat. Each cycle nets +1 mana, then you can start sacrificing some for counters.

I think this could be adapted to a Karona-led Rat (a la Relentless Rats) or Demon (Shadowborn Apostle) deck

I'm sure there something to be done with inf mana and inf sacrifices in a Demon or Rat deck...

HK

Hazezon Tamar - Manland theme
Seshiro the Anointed - Snake Tribal
Jedit Ojanen of Efrava - Cat and Warrior Dual Tribal
Doran, the Seige Tower - Wall Tribal
Progenitus - Hydra themed Proliferate Deck
Karona, the False God - Backstabbing Hug

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jul-07 5:12 am 

Treamayne wrote:
OP doesn't say only EDH combos. So, I found an interesting one in my Tribal Legacy GUB Chimera 60 card:

Bloodbond March
Equilibrium
Ashnod's Altar

Cast Chimera, return 3 from the yard, sac 3 for 6 colorless, return 4th and repeat. Each cycle nets +1 mana, then you can start sacrificing some for counters.

I don't think that quite works...

You cast one Chimira -- if the other 3 are in the yard, then you can't target one of them with Equilibrium (nor can you target the one you just cast.)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jul-07 6:01 am 

I think it would work with Cloudstone Curio easily enough.

You can do it with Equilibrium if you maintain 1 of the creatures in play. You sac 2 for 4 mana to the altar. Cast one. Pay Equilibrium to bounce the one not sacrificed. Bloodbond march returns the two dead ones. So know you end with 3 in play and one in hand and -1 mana. Repeat.

I think this would work far better in a Myr deck running the mana myr that can be cast using just 2 mana from the altar, or give them haste as well.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jul-07 6:08 am 

Treamayne wrote:

Bloodbond March
Equilibrium
Ashnod's Altar

I think this could be adapted to a Karona-led Rat (a la Relentless Rats) or Demon (Shadowborn Apostle) deck

I'm sure there something to be done with inf mana and inf sacrifices in a Demon or Rat deck...
I actually just put together a Damia Relentless rats deck. I think equilibrium would be an interesting card in there.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jul-07 8:56 am 

Carthain wrote:
Treamayne wrote:

Bloodbond March
Equilibrium
Ashnod's Altar

I don't think that quite works...

You cast one Chimira -- if the other 3 are in the yard, then you can't target one of them with Equilibrium (nor can you target the one you just cast.)

It should work.

Cast Tin-wing Chimera
Bloodbond March and Equilibrium both trigger; stack Equiibrium then March
March returns 3 Chimera
Equilibrium bounces one of those to hand
4th Chimera ETBs
Sac the three still in play.
Repeat

You could always sift through more than one Chimera as well. Tin-Wing bounces Iron-heart bounces Lead-belly etc.

And it should work better with 6-8 apostles or rats too.

HK

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jul-07 11:22 am 

Treamayne wrote:
It should work.

Cast Tin-wing Chimera
March returns 3 Chimera
4th Chimera ETBs
Repeat

You must choose Equilibrium's target when putting it onto the stack, so even though March's trigger will resolve before Equilibrium's you cannot target one of the creatures March will return because it's not on the battlefield yet.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jul-07 1:23 pm 

intreped wrote:
Treamayne wrote:
It should work.

Cast Tin-wing Chimera
March returns 3 Chimera
4th Chimera ETBs
Repeat

You must choose Equilibrium's target when putting it onto the stack, so even though March's trigger will resolve before Equilibrium's you cannot target one of the creatures March will return because it's not on the battlefield yet.
You could always sift through more than one Chimera as well. Tin-Wing bounces Iron-heart bounces Lead-belly etc.
And it should work better with 6-8 apostles or rats too

Copy all. Two different chimera then for my 60 card. And fine for EDH Rats or Apostles as long as you have one in hand and one on the battlefield (and X number to abuse in the yard).

On a side note, this is one reason why I like the Korean templates so much.

Translates as:

Choose an artifact to target. Destroy that artifact.
Cycling G

HK

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jul-11 3:34 am 

Malekoda wrote:
Carnival of Souls does have one saving grace: It's flavor text.

"‘Davvol, blast those elves.' ‘Davvol, transport those troops.' No one cares that today is my birthday."

That is amazing flavor text!!

Why do I feel like there's a combo with Carnival of Souls and Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim plus...something?

Starke of Rath -> Wrath of Starke: MRC

Proving Grounds: Drawmia-maro, Titania When Lands Attack, Tromokratis Read it Again, Kaalia's Klerics, Hordes of Tribes.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jul-11 4:55 am 

scatteredsun wrote:
Malekoda wrote:
Carnival of Souls does have one saving grace: It's flavor text.

"‘Davvol, blast those elves.' ‘Davvol, transport those troops.' No one cares that today is my birthday."

That is amazing flavor text!!

Why do I feel like there's a combo with Carnival of Souls and Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim plus...something?

Enduring Renewal and Ornithopter (or some other 0 cost creature with toughness 2 or greater)?

HK

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jul-26 2:15 pm 

My pet silly combo is Knacksaw Clique, Paradise Mantle, and Training Grounds. Exile all your opponents decks and pass turn.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Aug-08 3:32 am 

lol, just wanted to be first with this one :)

The Locust God + Kindred Discovery + Obstinate Familiar to turn off the madness whenever you want.

Starke of Rath -> Wrath of Starke: MRC

Proving Grounds: Drawmia-maro, Titania When Lands Attack, Tromokratis Read it Again, Kaalia's Klerics, Hordes of Tribes.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next