Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2018-Jun-22 11:14 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Idiotic Combo
AgePosted: 2017-Jun-12 11:25 am 

Viperion wrote:
Wolfsbane706 wrote:
Viperion wrote:
(preparing from groans from the audience)

Deadeye Navigator plus Palinchron* to give you infinite mana so you can infinitely flicker whatever you like with Deadeye Navigator

*Note the Palinchron here can be anything that untaps more than 2 mana worth of mana

I'm looking for a way to make that combo I mentioned above a proper infinite combo.

Yeeeeessss.... add Deadeye Navigator and Palinchron/Great Whale/Peregrine Drake. Make infinite mana. Blink Deadeye, re-pairing with Zegana. Profit. (And deck yourself in very short order)

Just slot in Labman.

Carthain wrote:
The idea that you should be able to build your deck however you want and still be competitive is false, and a bad idea to have. Taken to the extreme, that's like making a deck with no removal in it, and then complaining that you can't win because stuff your opponents play gets in your way.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jun-13 12:53 am 

Wolfsbane706 wrote:
Viperion wrote:
Yeeeeessss.... add Deadeye Navigator and Palinchron/Great Whale/Peregrine Drake. Make infinite mana. Blink Deadeye, re-pairing with Zegana. Profit. (And deck yourself in very short order)

Just slot in Labman.

My first thought was a Psychosis Crawler, my evergreen 101st card.

Atraxa Superfriends
Yidris Eldrazi (4C Devoid)
Sissay Angel Oath
Wort's Goblin Conspiracy
Gonti's Mega-Bouncy Castle

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jun-13 12:58 am 

zimagic wrote:
Wolfsbane706 wrote:
Viperion wrote:

Just slot in Labman.

That would actually work better than closet.

Carthain wrote:
The idea that you should be able to build your deck however you want and still be competitive is false, and a bad idea to have. Taken to the extreme, that's like making a deck with no removal in it, and then complaining that you can't win because stuff your opponents play gets in your way.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jun-13 1:56 am 

Wolfsbane706 wrote:
zimagic wrote:

That would actually work better than closet.

But you need the closet to flicker Zegana to draw the 49 cards to kill the table at the end of your turn.

Atraxa Superfriends
Yidris Eldrazi (4C Devoid)
Sissay Angel Oath
Wort's Goblin Conspiracy
Gonti's Mega-Bouncy Castle

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jun-13 2:41 am 

This may be a bit on the mundane side, but I've really wanted to make a Ben-Ben, Akki Hermit deck.

Repercussion + Bonfire of the Damned/Blasphemous Act/Breath of Darigaaz

Fireball-style combo is some of my favorite, it certainly isn't infinite, but combos that go "sufficiently infinite" are just fine. The way that this nasty bit of work goes, is that you deal damage to each creature. Both of these punish the player for the number of creatures they control (N).

For Blasphemous Act: (N)*13

For Bonfire: X + (N*X)
EX: X=5, (5)+(N*5)

More often than not, Act forces a 4 way draw- and Bonfire outright murders a player. But if you're really a sick bastard, you can go the distance...

Stuffy Doll + Pariah's Shield

Better known than Repercussion combos (because it's infinitely less dangerous)- But is the ideal setup for Repercussion. If you've truly lost your mind, the final destination for this dastardly gameplan is Volcano Hellion. There are plenty of extra pieces that push this beyond "Suficiently infinite" right into gratuitous (Furnace of Rath and friends.) But, what I find charming is how all of these combos push Goblin Spymaster. Spymaster and cards like Gahiji, Honored One manipulate the table to your favor, and combos that interact favorably are (I feel) an underappreciated part of Commander.

Defender
Wall of chat exceeds at using a lot of words to mischaracterize opposing view points.

Warp Riders (Ephara Solar Flare)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jun-13 4:36 am 

Nixiv Guildmage/echo mage + Reality Spasm + enough lands to profit

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jun-23 9:17 am 

I've been running this in my Tasigur deck.

1. Assemble the following:
-3 karoos (eg. simic growth chamber)
-Deadeye Navigator
-Eternal Witness effect
-Frantic Search
-Alchemist's Refuge

2. Go to an opponent's turn

3. Start Casting Frantic Search and recurring it with Deadeye combo to ad nauseum while untapping karoos.

4. When you are about to deck yourself out (Frantic Search is on the stack when you have 0-1 cards in library) you activate Alchemist's Refuge and flash in Day's Undoing. You then Cast Notion Thief and an overloaded Cyclonic Rift in response to Day's Undoing.

5. Rince and repeat for infinite mana, card draw and recursion while your opponents are unable to respond in any way (No nonland permanents in play or cards in hand). You can then proceed to win variety of ways.

Lot of the combo pieces can be replaced and I think only Frantic Search and Deadeye can't be replaced.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jun-23 11:09 am 

I managed to get a T4 kill against the goldfish with all the cards in my opening hand. T1 land, T2 land and a random mana rock, T3 land and Shu Yun, T4 land, Madcap Skills and Titan's Strength. When the smoke clears I'm swinging with an 11/5 double strike and menace general.

III Omnath, Locus of Mana III Thada Adel, Acquisitor III Geth, Lord of the Vault III Eight-and-a-Half-Tails III Zo-Zu the Punisher III BruseIkra III Kynaios and Tiro of Meletis III Kess, Dissident Mage, III AkriSilas III Grenzo, Havoc Raiser III Ghalta, Primal Hunger III Ambassador Laquatus III Anax and Cymede III Sidisi, Brood Tyrant III Shu Yun, the Silent Tempest III Ghave, Guru of Spores III Zurgo Helmsmasher III Yidris, Maelstrom Wielder III

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jun-26 1:37 am 

Since the combo doesn't need to be infinite...

Sun Titan + Gift of Immortality + Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim

You can get Gift back with the Sun Titan trigger right away and sit there racking up 6 life for each mana you feed Ayli. Or, get something else back on each opponent's turn AND gain 6 life.

Starke of Rath -> Wrath of Starke: MRC

Proving Grounds: Drawmia-maro, Titania When Lands Attack, Tromokratis Read it Again, Kaalia's Klerics, Hordes of Tribes.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jun-26 4:10 am 
EDH Rules Committee

scatteredsun wrote:

You can get Gift back with the Sun Titan trigger right away and sit there racking up 6 life for each mana you feed Ayli. Or, get something else back on each opponent's turn AND gain 6 life.

Using this one in the article, with an addition. Tune in later this week to find out what it is.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jun-26 5:44 am 

Sheldon wrote:
scatteredsun wrote:

Using this one in the article, with an addition. Tune in later this week to find out what it is.

Cool! There are some fun things that can be added to the combo. I'll hold off and see what you have cooked up. :)

Proving Grounds: Drawmia-maro, Titania When Lands Attack, Tromokratis Read it Again, Kaalia's Klerics, Hordes of Tribes.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jun-28 1:45 am 

scatteredsun wrote:
Sheldon wrote:
scatteredsun wrote:

Cool! There are some fun things that can be added to the combo. I'll hold off and see what you have cooked up. :)

Your suggestion was good. I was going to suggest Vizkopa Guildmage or Sanguine Bond. Gain 6, deal 6 for each mana you feed to Ayli.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jul-01 4:53 pm 

In my Endrek Sahr, I used, well, Endrek Sahr + Mortuary + Dark Prophecy + Carnival of Souls + Blood Artist, and a variety of Phyrexian Ghoul effects, + any other creature with a CMC 6 or less and an ETB or dies effect I wanted. If I didn't swing for the kill, I'd just recur Kokusho till everyone was dead. It was real dumb and I ended up taking out the Carnival of Souls because it had a strong chance of killing me due to other players and only really functioned with the combo.

The other one, is with Patron of the Moon + Amulet of Vigor, High Tide (or Caged Sun), and any other Moonfolk, like Meloku or Uyo or Landfall triggers.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jul-01 6:05 pm 

Carnival of Souls does have one saving grace: It's flavor text.

"‘Davvol, blast those elves.' ‘Davvol, transport those troops.' No one cares that today is my birthday."

Vorel of the Hull Clade - Abusing counters for fun and profit

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jul-02 8:11 pm 

I absolutely love Eureka + Uyo, Silent Prophet (optionally with something like Capsize or Reality Spasm for infinite mana).

I dance all night and I sleep all day

3 Steps Ahead - I'm A Gabber

Automatically add card tags to the card names in any text:
http://manabase.com/autocard.php

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next