Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2018-Oct-22 7:20 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 293 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
 Post subject: Re: Commander 2017 (Tribal)
AgePosted: 2017-Sep-20 5:38 pm 

CrazyPierre wrote:
Can I case Ramos from the command zone with Dream Halls? My instinct says no since he's colorless, but if I can....this will become pretty relevant and disgusting.

Dream Halls: "Rather than pay the mana cost for a spell, its controller may discard a card that shares a color with that spell."

Nope. Ramos has no colors, so there are no cards that share a color with him. Colorless isn't a color, so even colorless cards don't "share a color" with one another.

-----

I just like the precons for stuff they added. My Mathas, Fiend Seeker deck has been a lot of fun for myself and others. Disrupt Decorum is great, I want more Goad cards.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Sep-21 5:21 am 

well crap... Now I REEAAALLLY want to play with Painter's Servant and Dream Halls in a Ramos Deck.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Sep-21 9:22 am 

niheloim wrote:
well crap... Now I REEAAALLLY want to play with Painter's Servant and Dream Halls in a Ramos, Deck.

Isn't that a bit of a non-bo? Painter's Servant would negate the domain effect that drives Ramos,. And at 6 colorless, do you really need Dream Halls to help cast Ramos, or is it just to help cast the other things in the deck? Would maybe an Aluren engine, Cream of the crop/Descendants' Path synergy, or other repeat/cheat effects work better?

HK

Hazezon Tamar - Manland theme
Seshiro the Anointed - Snake Tribal
Jedit Ojanen of Efrava - Cat and Warrior Dual Tribal
Doran, the Seige Tower - Wall Tribal
Progenitus - Hydra themed Proliferate Deck
Karona, the False God - Backstabbing Hug

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Sep-21 9:23 am 

niheloim wrote:
well crap... Now I REEAAALLLY want to play with Painter's Servant and Dream Halls in a Ramos Deck.

Or in any deck at all. Cast cards all day just by discarding other cards. Include a handful of draw cards and you'll never run out. Imagine casting Overwhelming Insight for the cost of discarding any card in your hand (absolutely all of them are sharing a color, even the lands and artifacts). Just swap 2 cards for 7 others.

But that's probably part of why we don't have Painter's Servant. :P

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Sep-21 10:01 am 

spacemonaut wrote:

If anything that's a better argument for the banning of Dream Halls. And Servant+Halls is still significantly worse than Omniscience.

Treamayne wrote:
niheloim wrote:
well crap... Now I REEAAALLLY want to play with Painter's Servant and Dream Halls in a Ramos, Deck.

Isn't that a bit of a non-bo? Painter's Servant would negate the domain effect that drives Ramos,.
I'm missing something. If I cast Unsummon, a blue card, Ramos gets 1 counter. If I have Servant play naming black and then cast Unsummon, a blue/black card, Ramos gets 2 counters. I think you're thinking of Darkest Hour.

III Omnath, Locus of Mana III Thada Adel, Acquisitor III Geth, Lord of the Vault III Eight-and-a-Half-Tails III Zo-Zu the Punisher III BruseIkra III Kynaios and Tiro of Meletis III Kess, Dissident Mage, III AkriSilas III Grenzo, Havoc Raiser III Ghalta, Primal Hunger III Ambassador Laquatus III Anax and Cymede III Sidisi, Brood Tyrant III Shu Yun, the Silent Tempest III Ghave, Guru of Spores III Zurgo Helmsmasher III Yidris, Maelstrom Wielder III

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Sep-21 10:57 am 

Uktabi_Kong wrote:
I'm missing something. If I cast Unsummon, a blue card, Ramos gets 1 counter. If I have Servant play naming black and then cast Unsummon, a blue/black card, Ramos gets 2 counters. I think you're thinking of Darkest Hour.

Actually, I was thinking the painter's servant worked like Celestial Dawn. Forgot it was "add color" not "overwrite color(s)."

Is it worth considering Enduring Renewal shenanigans (such as Wild Cantor) or buyback shenanigans since the "goal" is to cast "many things often."

Might also be worth noting Cipher and Conspire both let you "cast" the copies they make (like some Imprint cards do), and Rebound gets you two "casts" from one spell.

HK

Hazezon Tamar - Manland theme
Seshiro the Anointed - Snake Tribal
Jedit Ojanen of Efrava - Cat and Warrior Dual Tribal
Doran, the Seige Tower - Wall Tribal
Progenitus - Hydra themed Proliferate Deck
Karona, the False God - Backstabbing Hug

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Sep-21 11:55 am 

Uktabi_Kong wrote:
spacemonaut wrote:

If anything that's a better argument for the banning of Dream Halls. And Servant+Halls is still significantly worse than Omniscience.

I don't disagree with any of that. ;) It got me thinking about Dream Halls in a mono blue deck. (I'd throw in a few blue madness cards too like Obsessive Search.)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Sep-22 8:37 am 

100% Dream Halls is a stupid card. Its fun in very small doses and only when decks are meant to have fun with it.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 293 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20