Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-May-19 7:54 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Amonkhet Spoilers --- How many ways can we bend the Layout?
AgePosted: 2017-Apr-13 12:38 am 

Sovarius wrote:
Willbender wrote:
DarksteelElephant wrote:
Are people really complaining about a commander that can be either two color or three color?
Yeah, pretty much this. I can see complaining that you can't run it under another RG commander, but if you want it as your commander, who cares if it has an extra (totally optional) color?

For solidarity/flavor and to not have a pointless keyword-soup hamfisted tacked on colored ability.

I'm putting her in my Saskia for sure, so i don't really care, but i totally get it. Card is designed for total shit imo, but seems fun.

Wait, what? Isn't this why the Fate Reforged generals are so popular? You just don't have the same opportunity cost in building as a gold general, since picking a splash color is way easier. Not to mention how well this card plays with non-Blue Tims.

Feldon of the Third Path, Goblin Tinkerer, Cunning Sparkmage, Fauna Shaman

Not even to mention how much it speeds up manadorks and has redundancy with Thousand-Year Elixir

I suppose it sortof makes sense in Saskia too, but I think using 1/3 of a card like this is more of a disservice to your deck- where you have better 5 drop plays that dump themselves into blowing up someone's life total (Thundermaw Hellkite, Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon and friends)

Defender
Wall of chat exceeds at using a lot of words to mischaracterize opposing view points.

Warp Riders (Ephara Solar Flare)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Apr-13 1:29 am 

ImageImageImageImageImage

Grave: Life from the Loam has a new friend!

Waterfalls: Nice art. Decent manafixing for 5C. Weird indestructible.

Please Forget Me: Ugh ........ Trash

Spring: Super Trash. Might be the posterchild for a failed mechanic in this set. Shame about the art, Spring looks just gorgeous. And would be fine if it was its own card.

Draw2: Amazing. Perhaps not a card for us, but this might be the best common draw spell since Cruise.

I'm a big fan of plain old Greed. - intrepid
Greed is for pussies. Phyrexian Reclamation + Street Wraith -- twice the cost, four times the manliness. - Filth

Member of Project Every-Deck
Current EDH Decks
Mayael the Anima // Garza Sol, Plague Queen // Scion of the Ur-Dragon // Kresh the Bloodbraided // Rikku of Two Reflections // Kaalia of the Vast // Rafiq of the Many // Rakdos, Lord of Riots

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Apr-13 1:54 am 

How, pray tell, does one embalm an illusion?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Apr-13 2:54 am 

Hmmm........... Interesting card.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Apr-13 3:28 am 

Once again the black cards get all of the good art.

Neat. I don't get why they made it indestructible, though, I mean it lets you smooth out your mana at the cost of 1, not exactly a high priority target for Stone Rain.

It's neat, but the issue I have with it is at 8 mana it isn't weak but it feels a bit strange. By that point you will have ramped a lot so you don't need a way to slow down you opponents creatures as much, and making a 5/5 a turn is powerful but by this point in a game a big green deck should have much better finishers.

Current Decks:

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Apr-13 4:27 am 

Everblight wrote:

Goes into every deck with Mana Reflection. The filter lands were already pretty sweet, EtB untapped and tapping for net 3 mana, but this EtB untapped AND is indestructible AND nets 4 mana. Have Reflection AND Stone-Seeder Hierophant out, and bring this along with some other lands via Scapeshift or Tempt with Discovery? You're going to be able to cast some pretty big Shifting Walls.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Apr-13 4:37 am 

I am really digging this set so far.

I wasn't thrilled with the Egyptian flavor, but its working... and these cards seem like solid upgrades or just fun alternatives.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Apr-13 6:35 am 

Look its this set's (insert card with powerful effect and drawback). I wonder if this is good if you (insert combo using one or more other cards in a sequence that will allow you to use the card without being impacted by the drawback).

Current Decks:

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Apr-13 7:49 am 

It's basically a functional reprint of Final Fortune except worse in multiplayer formats.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Apr-13 8:00 am 

Uktabi_Kong wrote:
It's basically a functional reprint of Final Fortune except worse in multiplayer formats.

Not exactly. This can be used to exile spells and abilities on the stack, so its more like a Time Stop than a Time Warp.

Current Decks:

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Apr-13 11:39 am 

Everblight wrote:

Spring: Super Trash. Might be the posterchild for a failed mechanic in this set. Shame about the art, Spring looks just gorgeous. And would be fine if it was its own card.

So, what you're saying is that if the card were just Spring, you'd consider it good. But having a second option on it suddenly makes it a horrible card?

I guess I forgot that good cards suddenly become bad if you give people more abilities without any drawbacks... or something?

My Decks: Zombiepocalypse (Thraximundar) ♦ Thrun stands alone (voltron) ♦ Ashling the Burninator ♦ Doran beatdown (treefolk/plant tribal) ♦ Mine! (UB theft/clone) ♦ Vampire Beatdown (Edgar Markov) ♦ BW Enchantments (Daxos the Returned)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Apr-13 1:57 pm 

So gentlemen, I'm in love. This is fairly ideal for my Ephara deck. I seriously get to play 2 Restoration Angels. one of which kills off Hydras. Not to mention Amonkhet's sweet new art for Aven Mindcensor.

Defender
Wall of chat exceeds at using a lot of words to mischaracterize opposing view points.

Warp Riders (Ephara Solar Flare)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Apr-13 5:30 pm 

Is this the current wording for "remove target attacking or blocking creature from the game"?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Apr-13 8:12 pm 

Shabbaman wrote:
Is this the current wording for "remove target attacking or blocking creature from the game"?

I'm not sure. This wording is important here because it allows you to play the Vizier anytime after combat. You could play it during the end step to exile the target for a whole turn. I don't think they would use the same wording for permanent exiling.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Apr-13 10:16 pm 
EDH Rules Committee

No. Creatures are only "Attacking" or "blocking" during combat (note the present tense of the verb). You could use the Viizier during Second Main Phase or End Step because it "attacked" or "blocked" (past tense). Obviously, you can use it during combat if you like, since the action has already happened once the creature has been declared as an attacker or blocker.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next