Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2018-Nov-17 7:24 pm

Post subject: Re: Where to Trade?
AgePosted: 2016-May-18 1:31 pm 

I initiated my first trade on PucaTrade on 9/27/15. Since then I have sent 865 cards with a total value of 343,381 PucaPoints and received 220 cards from other members with a total value of 281,623 PucaPoints. It works. It could be better yes. But it's infinitely better than trading IRL at my LGS. They are working on PucaTrade 2.0. Some day it will be complete. Until then I make it work as is.

If you don't like PucaTrade there's always eBay.

Mayael the Anima

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-May-19 4:54 am 

cryogen wrote:
How is it on other sites like MOTL? What protection is there? (I am familiar with PucaTrade)

MOTL is dead so there is no protection anymore. But it was the same (i presume, since i have not traded on MTGS). You think you get ripped, you post to the bad trades and rippers forum about your experience. They are given time to answer or fix it. Their silence is generally what confirms a rip or they come on there and fix it. People are instructed not to trade with the alleged ripper until things are sorted, and any trade or sale post they make is deleted while they are undergoing the process of clearing their name. And then you're just banned if you don't answer or are found horrible.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-May-19 8:25 am 

Sovarius wrote:
cryogen wrote:
How is it on other sites like MOTL? What protection is there? (I am familiar with PucaTrade)

MOTL is dead so there is no protection anymore. But it was the same (i presume, since i have not traded on MTGS). You think you get ripped, you post to the bad trades and rippers forum about your experience. They are given time to answer or fix it. Their silence is generally what confirms a rip or they come on there and fix it. People are instructed not to trade with the alleged ripper until things are sorted, and any trade or sale post they make is deleted while they are undergoing the process of clearing their name. And then you're just banned if you don't answer or are found horrible.

Oh ok. We actually go one step further and ban you from trading for smaller offenses, and for larger things like ripping we fully ban users.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-May-19 9:25 am 

MRHBlue and Celerus, I may give it a look again. I have some trades up on there but have never actually completed a trade; may need some help there. Mind if I send you guys a pm closer to the time when I get it active again? (I'm moving house in a week, so now's not the time ;) )

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

"I'm happy to serve as a quote machine" - Sheldon

Online Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-May-19 12:08 pm 

Please do. This thread actually kicked me back to the site some. I was just buying stuff I want later. Perfect for Puca

No, I think he's right. I'm just all butt-hurt over prophet.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-May-19 5:23 pm 

Viperion wrote:
MRHBlue and Celerus, I may give it a look again. I have some trades up on there but have never actually completed a trade; may need some help there. Mind if I send you guys a pm closer to the time when I get it active again? (I'm moving house in a week, so now's not the time ;) )

PM me anytime. Happy to be of assistance.

Mayael the Anima

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Jun-02 8:20 am 

I've done 60+ trades at deckbox.org it's never done me wrong

I like it there. I also like pucatrade. I dont pay the monthly fee tho. I just send cards and get other cards. Its not worth the monthly fee

MODERATOR of WOOBERG.net the number one source for MTG variant formats

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Nov-16 6:21 am 

I finally got on PucaTrade last week so I'm gonna poke this thread and see if anyone else here is still using it and/or what Comander-minded people are looking for/to get rid of.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Nov-16 7:29 am 

PucaTrade: Can you sort your have list by colour yet? Simple, but apparently impossible :?

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

Online Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Nov-16 11:43 am 

PucaTrade has had a number of updates and it feels that more than ever the system caters to those who spend the most money on the site. I have a number of wants on there that I can't move, many of them from Kaladesh where there shouldn't be a problem finding a seller.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Nov-16 11:44 am 

That is not particularly encouraging

Online Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Nov-16 1:55 pm 

cryogen wrote:
PucaTrade has had a number of updates and it feels that more than ever the system caters to those who spend the most money on the site.

I was wondering about that, with the whole Recommended thing actually.

And yeah, not exactly encouraging. :/

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Dec-12 9:31 pm 

If anyone is still on Puca (or were and wonders what's happening to their points), I've been having some success recently by going through the Puca chat channels on Discord and advertising, chatting & begging for trades. It's still nothing like pre-updates and you have to take a little time to get known, but it's better than just letting the points run out.

For those of you who are still active, I'd appreciate any help you can give me to make an Unstable cube, I have about 200 cards listed from the extension across all rarities:
https://pucatrade.com/profiles/show/1247

Thank you.

Atraxa Superfriends
Yidris Eldrazi (4C Devoid)
Sissay Angel Oath
Wort's Goblin Conspiracy
Gonti's Mega-Bouncy Castle

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Dec-13 7:41 am 

Points run out? What the!!?!

It seems to be consistently moving away from a site to trade cards, towards a site for people whose job it is to trade cards...

Online Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Dec-13 9:20 am 

Puca Trade now charges 300 points per month for Common Members. I don't recommend the site. Card Sphere is picking up steam. And much safer since it's based on USD and not points.

Mayael the Anima

Offline Profile