Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-May-19 7:53 pm

Post subject: Re: Tooth and Nail Offende
AgePosted: 2016-May-10 1:40 pm 

MRHblue wrote:
JJackson wrote:
I think you may have overlooked the interaction between Firebombers and It. This is pretty much the same level of GG play as Avenger of Zendikar+Craterhoof. It isn't a certainty of winning, but it is pretty damn close.
No, I didnt. I expect when someone Geddons, its GG. They have a lot more mana, and were expecting it. If they don't win , they are terrible.

Geddon doesn't give you a board state, though. The reason Geddon=win is because you cast it when you are ahead. Bombing the It out of people is going to give you a small body, a huge body, and a ton of untapped mana for another play on the same turn. It is far more of a Win-Out-Of-Nowhere spell than the usual Geddon.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Tooth and Nail Offenders
AgePosted: 2016-May-10 1:48 pm 

JJ makes an important point here. The problem with T&N isn't necessarily that it does a thing that creates a board state that is inherently too powerful if you were to assemble it over the course of a few turns. It's that it creates that board state out of nowhere. Assume it's turn 12, and people are basically in topdeck mode. I draw an Armageddon, and it's effectively a blank. I draw T&N for Firebomber + ITB, and it's probably game over.

Offline Profile