Login | Register


All times are UTC - 7 hours


It is currently 2019-Mar-21 12:53 am




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Eternal Masters
AgePosted: 2016-Feb-15 2:50 am 
User avatar

Joined: 2012-Jan-06 10:25 am
Age: Elder Dragon
Location: Seattle
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/ar ... 2016-02-15



Draft Through Eternity

Take a step outside time with Eternal Masters. This exciting set lets you draw on some of the most sought-after cards from throughout the history of Magic—some with new artwork—to enhance your Cube or your favorite Commander, Vintage, and Legacy decks.

Eternal Masters is designed to be a unique and enjoyable Draft experience, much like Modern Masters. It will not contain cards from the Reserved List, but it will feature many exciting Eternal staples, including:

Image
Image

_________________
Glissa, the Traitor -> Voltron
Mayael the Anima -> Flopping Fatties
Phenax, God of Deception -> Grave Rats
Starke of Rath -> Wrath of Starke: MRC

Proving Grounds: Drawmia-maro, Titania When Lands Attack, Tromokratis Read it Again, Kaalia's Klerics, Hordes of Tribes.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Eternal Masters
AgePosted: 2016-Feb-15 2:59 am 

Joined: 2011-Aug-18 3:35 pm
Age: Elder Dragon
I can't wait for my original force to jump in price like goyf did with the first MM. >.>


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Eternal Masters
AgePosted: 2016-Feb-15 3:29 am 
User avatar

Joined: 2014-Sep-30 6:38 am
Age: Elder Dragon
ITS HAPPENING!

Sadly reserved list is being reserved list.

_________________
Making a deck list? Then use http://manabase.com/autocard.php or Joz will kill you...

Current Decks:


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Eternal Masters
AgePosted: 2016-Feb-15 3:33 am 
User avatar

Joined: 2012-Jan-06 10:25 am
Age: Elder Dragon
Location: Seattle
DarksteelElephant wrote:
ITS HAPPENING!

Sadly reserved list is being reserved list.



yup, I'm not super excited for it yet. I have a couple FoWs for commander and I wouldn't pay more than 2 bucks for Wasteland.


What other goodies are there aren't reserved?

_________________
Glissa, the Traitor -> Voltron
Mayael the Anima -> Flopping Fatties
Phenax, God of Deception -> Grave Rats
Starke of Rath -> Wrath of Starke: MRC

Proving Grounds: Drawmia-maro, Titania When Lands Attack, Tromokratis Read it Again, Kaalia's Klerics, Hordes of Tribes.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Eternal Masters
AgePosted: 2016-Feb-15 3:38 am 
User avatar

Joined: 2011-Jan-02 5:25 am
Age: Elder Dragon
Location: Costa La Haya, capital del ducado Holanda
Too late, sold my eternal crap two years ago. I'm not even sure what EDH relevant cards I don't own that aren't in modern or on the reserve list.

_________________
"Our words are backed with OBLIVION STONE!"


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Eternal Masters
AgePosted: 2016-Feb-15 3:55 am 

Joined: 2011-Jan-03 4:23 pm
Age: Drake
There's Mana Drain among the not-Reserved, at the very least. And since the set won't be Modern-legal, we don't have to see R&D get clocked by a bus this time.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Eternal Masters
AgePosted: 2016-Feb-15 3:56 am 
EDH Rules Committee
User avatar

Joined: 2006-May-24 10:14 am
Age: Elder Dragon
Location: Tampa, FL, USA
I want a foil Fault Line!

_________________
"Leave the gun. Take the cannolis."


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Eternal Masters
AgePosted: 2016-Feb-15 4:13 am 

Joined: 2015-Mar-04 12:43 am
Age: Drake
Do you think they will reprint some cards that are legal in Modern but also sought after in Eternal formats? like Damnation or the fetches?

If this only includes pre-Modern cards not on the Reserved list, apart from a few cards (Mana Drain, Force of Will, Sylvan Library?), I have a feeling this is going to be underwhelming. Mainly for the same reason as I found the last Modern Masters underwhelming, that is to say that the priority here is not to reprint cards, but rather to promote an expensive draft environment.

Ok, enough negativity, I'd like a foil Sneak Attack, thank you very much. :D


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Eternal Masters
AgePosted: 2016-Feb-15 4:17 am 
User avatar

Joined: 2012-Jan-06 10:25 am
Age: Elder Dragon
Location: Seattle
Ah, Sylvan Library, that's good. I could with less Sneak Attacks

_________________
Glissa, the Traitor -> Voltron
Mayael the Anima -> Flopping Fatties
Phenax, God of Deception -> Grave Rats
Starke of Rath -> Wrath of Starke: MRC

Proving Grounds: Drawmia-maro, Titania When Lands Attack, Tromokratis Read it Again, Kaalia's Klerics, Hordes of Tribes.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Eternal Masters
AgePosted: 2016-Feb-15 4:18 am 

Joined: 2011-Jan-03 4:23 pm
Age: Drake
Well, there's already hopes at MTGSalvation that the Reserved List will eventually be dispelled. I'm not holding my breath (and I don't think there's THAT much on the Reserved list that's {a} desirable and {b} not banned in Legacy. All that comes to mind is the Tundra cycle.).

Anyway, there are definitely some views that this won't be pre-Modern only. At least one Salvation poster said that Zoetic Cavern, for instance, would be a good fit as it actually is a frequent card in Legacy. (I forget the exact archetype mentioned.)


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Eternal Masters
AgePosted: 2016-Feb-15 4:35 am 
User avatar

Joined: 2012-Nov-27 4:39 pm
Age: Elder Dragon
Location: Midgard
Skyknight wrote:
Well, there's already hopes at MTGSalvation that the Reserved List will eventually be dispelled. I'm not holding my breath (and I don't think there's THAT much on the Reserved list that's {a} desirable and {b} not banned in Legacy. All that comes to mind is the Tundra cycle.).

Anyway, there are definitely some views that this won't be pre-Modern only. At least one Salvation poster said that Zoetic Cavern, for instance, would be a good fit as it actually is a frequent card in Legacy. (I forget the exact archetype mentioned.)
Wait, Zoetic Cavern? I'm not entirely familiar with the Legacy format as it stands today, but do you mean Mutavault? Zoetic seems pretty bad in Legacy from what I recall.

_________________
Current:
Decklists are posted here. They can all be found in the Decklist Forum.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Eternal Masters
AgePosted: 2016-Feb-15 4:46 am 
User avatar

Joined: 2014-Sep-30 6:38 am
Age: Elder Dragon
Segrus wrote:
Skyknight wrote:
Well, there's already hopes at MTGSalvation that the Reserved List will eventually be dispelled. I'm not holding my breath (and I don't think there's THAT much on the Reserved list that's {a} desirable and {b} not banned in Legacy. All that comes to mind is the Tundra cycle.).

Anyway, there are definitely some views that this won't be pre-Modern only. At least one Salvation poster said that Zoetic Cavern, for instance, would be a good fit as it actually is a frequent card in Legacy. (I forget the exact archetype mentioned.)
Wait, Zoetic Cavern? I'm not entirely familiar with the Legacy format as it stands today, but do you mean Mutavault? Zoetic seems pretty bad in Legacy from what I recall.


And its basically worthless.

_________________
Making a deck list? Then use http://manabase.com/autocard.php or Joz will kill you...

Current Decks:


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Eternal Masters
AgePosted: 2016-Feb-15 6:28 am 

Joined: 2013-Sep-05 6:26 am
Age: Drake
I see nothing in the article about one guaranteed foil in every booster like in Modern Masters.

Edit: Scratch that, there is one foil per booster according to http://wpn.wizards.com/en/products/eternal-masters


Last edited by Wilkinsbane on 2016-Feb-15 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Eternal Masters
AgePosted: 2016-Feb-15 6:31 am 
User avatar

Joined: 2014-Jul-28 8:30 am
Age: Dragon
Dark Depths, Grove of the Burnwillows,Karakas, Rishadan Port, and my own personal hope beyond hopes: IMPERIAL MA'HUGGIN' RECRUITER are all possible for reprinting in this set. Fingers crossed.

_________________
specter404 wrote:
Basically, when it comes to commander, I want you to stab me through the heart, not cut off my balls.

Gath Immortal wrote:
Twenty Kavus and a Dream is not a legacy deck.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Eternal Masters
AgePosted: 2016-Feb-15 8:45 am 
User avatar

Joined: 2013-Nov-04 2:12 am
Age: Dragon
Location: Northamptonshire, UK
lumination wrote:
Do you think they will reprint some cards that are legal in Modern but also sought after in Eternal formats? like Damnation or the fetches?


Aaron Forsythe has confirmed there will be Modern-legal cards but that the focus will be on pre-Modern stuff.

_________________
Regards,
MT.


Putrid Pirate Proliferation
Lord of Voltronhorn
Unlife of the Party
Jaya Ballard, Discard Mage
Zedruu and the Minotaurs
Vish Kal's ManSlaughterhouse
Izzet Any Good?

Chorus of Counters


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 38 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron