Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Mar-21 12:53 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Eternal Masters
AgePosted: 2016-Feb-15 2:50 am 

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/ar ... 2016-02-15

Draft Through Eternity

Take a step outside time with Eternal Masters. This exciting set lets you draw on some of the most sought-after cards from throughout the history of Magic—some with new artwork—to enhance your Cube or your favorite Commander, Vintage, and Legacy decks.

Eternal Masters is designed to be a unique and enjoyable Draft experience, much like Modern Masters. It will not contain cards from the Reserved List, but it will feature many exciting Eternal staples, including:

Starke of Rath -> Wrath of Starke: MRC

Proving Grounds: Drawmia-maro, Titania When Lands Attack, Tromokratis Read it Again, Kaalia's Klerics, Hordes of Tribes.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Eternal Masters
AgePosted: 2016-Feb-15 2:59 am 

I can't wait for my original force to jump in price like goyf did with the first MM. >.>

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Feb-15 3:29 am 

ITS HAPPENING!

Sadly reserved list is being reserved list.

Current Decks:

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Feb-15 3:33 am 

DarksteelElephant wrote:
ITS HAPPENING!

Sadly reserved list is being reserved list.

yup, I'm not super excited for it yet. I have a couple FoWs for commander and I wouldn't pay more than 2 bucks for Wasteland.

What other goodies are there aren't reserved?

Proving Grounds: Drawmia-maro, Titania When Lands Attack, Tromokratis Read it Again, Kaalia's Klerics, Hordes of Tribes.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Feb-15 3:38 am 

Too late, sold my eternal crap two years ago. I'm not even sure what EDH relevant cards I don't own that aren't in modern or on the reserve list.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Feb-15 3:55 am 

There's Mana Drain among the not-Reserved, at the very least. And since the set won't be Modern-legal, we don't have to see R&D get clocked by a bus this time.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Feb-15 3:56 am 
EDH Rules Committee

I want a foil Fault Line!

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Feb-15 4:13 am 

Do you think they will reprint some cards that are legal in Modern but also sought after in Eternal formats? like Damnation or the fetches?

If this only includes pre-Modern cards not on the Reserved list, apart from a few cards (Mana Drain, Force of Will, Sylvan Library?), I have a feeling this is going to be underwhelming. Mainly for the same reason as I found the last Modern Masters underwhelming, that is to say that the priority here is not to reprint cards, but rather to promote an expensive draft environment.

Ok, enough negativity, I'd like a foil Sneak Attack, thank you very much. :D

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Feb-15 4:17 am 

Ah, Sylvan Library, that's good. I could with less Sneak Attacks

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Feb-15 4:18 am 

Well, there's already hopes at MTGSalvation that the Reserved List will eventually be dispelled. I'm not holding my breath (and I don't think there's THAT much on the Reserved list that's {a} desirable and {b} not banned in Legacy. All that comes to mind is the Tundra cycle.).

Anyway, there are definitely some views that this won't be pre-Modern only. At least one Salvation poster said that Zoetic Cavern, for instance, would be a good fit as it actually is a frequent card in Legacy. (I forget the exact archetype mentioned.)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Feb-15 4:35 am 

Skyknight wrote:
Well, there's already hopes at MTGSalvation that the Reserved List will eventually be dispelled. I'm not holding my breath (and I don't think there's THAT much on the Reserved list that's {a} desirable and {b} not banned in Legacy. All that comes to mind is the Tundra cycle.).

Anyway, there are definitely some views that this won't be pre-Modern only. At least one Salvation poster said that Zoetic Cavern, for instance, would be a good fit as it actually is a frequent card in Legacy. (I forget the exact archetype mentioned.)
Wait, Zoetic Cavern? I'm not entirely familiar with the Legacy format as it stands today, but do you mean Mutavault? Zoetic seems pretty bad in Legacy from what I recall.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Feb-15 4:46 am 

Segrus wrote:
Skyknight wrote:

Wait, Zoetic Cavern? I'm not entirely familiar with the Legacy format as it stands today, but do you mean Mutavault? Zoetic seems pretty bad in Legacy from what I recall.

And its basically worthless.

Current Decks:

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Feb-15 6:28 am 

I see nothing in the article about one guaranteed foil in every booster like in Modern Masters.

Edit: Scratch that, there is one foil per booster according to http://wpn.wizards.com/en/products/eternal-masters

Last edited by Wilkinsbane on 2016-Feb-15 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Feb-15 6:31 am 

Dark Depths, Grove of the Burnwillows,Karakas, Rishadan Port, and my own personal hope beyond hopes: IMPERIAL MA'HUGGIN' RECRUITER are all possible for reprinting in this set. Fingers crossed.

Gath Immortal wrote:
Twenty Kavus and a Dream is not a legacy deck.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Feb-15 8:45 am 

lumination wrote:
Do you think they will reprint some cards that are legal in Modern but also sought after in Eternal formats? like Damnation or the fetches?

Aaron Forsythe has confirmed there will be Modern-legal cards but that the focus will be on pre-Modern stuff.

Putrid Pirate Proliferation
Lord of Voltronhorn
Unlife of the Party
Jaya Ballard, Discard Mage
Zedruu and the Minotaurs
Vish Kal's ManSlaughterhouse
Izzet Any Good?

Chorus of Counters

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next