[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
MTG Commander/Elder Dragon Highlander • View topic - What could I say for you to give Commander on MTGO a chance?

Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2020-Jan-18 7:58 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: What could I say for you to give Commander on MTGO a chance?
AgePosted: 2016-Jul-10 11:11 am 

My advice for starting out on MTGO EDH is try to avoid blue decks. There seems to be a massive (much more than IRL) prejudice towards blue. My Noyan Darr deck is far from threatening, definitely not optimized, but I have been focused as "the threat" on multiple occasions, including an all out attack on my empty board when another player had Solemn Sorin ready to ult.

That's not to say you shouldn't play blue at all, just be prepared to work some politics and try to get people on side early, jamming a counterspell in the first 4-5 turns might earn you enemies, and not just the person who's spell gets countered.

Over all it's been a good experience, MTGO has always had the advantage of being pick up an play any time and it can be very cheap. I played a shards draft last week and scored a sedris and a malefegor, so I'm going to see about building grixis zombies, which should be good with the new set coming out.

Playing Online:
Noyan Darr & Sedris Zombie Guy

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Aug-15 6:57 pm 

I'm back playing, usually around the hour of this post.

Been some solid games so far.

I have a few of you added, but never see you online.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Aug-16 12:42 am 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Aug-16 12:19 pm 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Aug-16 1:32 pm 

Well, I'm on nights right now, so if I get on MTGO, it's my one day a week off (which is rarely the same day two weeks in a row) and usually around 0000 EDT / 0400Z (everyone can time convert to/from Z/GMT, right?). Though, on a day off I can probably plan to meet any time btwn 0200-1500Z if we set something up. If I am going to try to get on before or after a work day, then it will generally only be for an hour or so (trade, playtest) and btwn 0100-0300Z and 1300-1500Z.

All that is this month, my work hours will likely change in Sep.

If anyone wants to meet up on MTGO, today is my night off this week, and I think next week is Either Tue or Wed.

HK

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jul-05 12:21 pm 

I had an account in 2011, and decided to look and see what I had, I have an so figured why not build that? I only have about 10 cards that are even decent for an Elves deck. So... I gotta trade or something I guess.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jul-05 12:50 pm 

HK

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jul-05 1:02 pm 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jul-05 3:52 pm 

@inkeyes22
Thank for meeting up and I hope that deck works out for you (or you have enough goodies to make more than one option).

HK

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jul-05 6:39 pm 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jul-09 1:19 pm 

Hey, MRHBlue - nice meeting up with you. Maybe we can test that Talrand deck when you get it together...

HK

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jul-11 8:44 am 

All it would take to get me to play MTGO would be for WOTC to graciously duplicate every single paper card I already paid dearly for into the online medium. Been playing since The Dark/Fallen Empires, and have a considerable investment. I and am not about to pay (for the electronic version) all over again.

Shoes for Industry!

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Aug-01 11:51 pm 

I have been doing MTGO for a little bit now (again) and I have noticed that people will quit really fast. I have had things come up too and had to run unexpectedly as well so I understand it happens on occasion. The reason I even bring it up is it has happened 3 games in a row this morning. I go t1 , quit. T2 (different game) I drop a , quit.
Third game got to t3, but he drops , my t3 I drop letting him draw, and he quits.

I mean, none of those are with 4 Wheels, or level ragequit, right?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Aug-02 7:14 am 

HK

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Aug-09 11:31 pm 

Last edited by spacemonaut on 2017-Aug-10 5:37 am, edited 3 times in total.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next