Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Sep-17 1:48 am

Post subject: Random thought inspired by MaRo's blog
AgePosted: 2018-Aug-05 1:16 pm 

Mark Rosewater likes to drop hints into his Tumblr. Lately he's answered the same question more than once, which is this:
Quote:
carsf asked: Mark, I really need to know if Garruk returning is an if or a when.

A when.

People have been asking for Garruk's return for a long time, but he seems to be answering this question, the same way, quite frequently. My suspicion is that Garruk (who is currently on a planewalker-killing spree) will show up in Ravnica block and try to kill (and possibly succeed in killing?) Nicol Bolas and possibly some members of the Gatewatch.

I'm just getting this out there in the slim hope that I'm right and will seem like a genius*

*may or may not be a genius. Terms and conditions apply. Not available in all countries, check your local genius list for details.

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

The internet's great at making noise, and poor at operating pants. There's gonna be half-dressed mobs screeching half-assed arguments for the rest of the 21st century - Kemev

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Random thought inspired by MaRo's blog
AgePosted: 2018-Aug-05 3:06 pm 

Please yes. I like Garruk but am sick of Bolas, Jace, and to a lesser extent new Nissa. And while I don't hate Gideon as a character, I feel like Wizards is starting to run out of creativity regarding making new cards for him.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Aug-06 11:45 am 

Viperion wrote:
My suspicion is that Garruk (who is currently on a planewalker-killing spree)

Stupid question for us people that don't follow the lore very closely - which walkers has he actually murdered? We all know he has a murder-crush for Lilliana, because Chain Veil... but I am not aware of a "spree", unless it's a bunch of non-character off-screen type stuff. Also if he DOES show up in Ravnica, logically it would be to hunt Lilliana, because Chain Veil.

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Aug-08 12:39 am 

He's killed a few.
In Duels of the Planeswalker 2015 he killed one.
In this Uncharted Realms, he kills an Innistradian walker called Vronos.
https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/a ... 2014-07-16

They might be the same.
Wouldn't mind if he "accidentallly" killed Ajani or Jace though, or Gideon.
"Ooooooooooooh what a shame my axe head flew off and killed you! I really do need to fix that! :mrgreen: "

Just helping kill Bolas is fine though, seen enough of him for another 5-10 years.

Xantcha, Sleeper Agent - cEDH discard/attrition.
Pre-Modern:
A Denying Wind.
Duel Commander:
Nissa, Vastwoord Seer - Ramp ramp ramp into Ugin+Painter's Servant.
Kari Zev, Skyship Raider - Unbridled Aggro

Find me Saturdays at the Wizard's Tower - Ottawa and occasional Mondays at Westboro Legion for Duel Commander.

Offline Profile