Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Dec-10 12:34 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Happy
AgePosted: 2013-May-08 12:21 am 

Raven wrote:
Last week I finally got my hands on an Argivian Archaeologist. It took me like forever to find that one. First no one wanted to trade it to me, then this guy who would sell me his archaelogist suddenly sold it to someone else... And now I finally got it. Yay! :D

Funny story about this. Back in the day here in Ottawa we used to play at the Downtown Gamer's Club, and one of the mtg playesr was Dan...totally off the wall with his decks. He used that guy with Chaos Orb and Disk to basically blow EVERYTHING up ALL THE TIME. We eventually ran around the block chasing him a few times and he changed to a UG flying fatties deck that kllled with Unstable Mutation and Berserk (recycled with grave recursion) :<

Xantcha, Sleeper Agent - cEDH discard/attrition.
Pre-Modern:
A Denying Wind.
Duel Commander:
Nissa, Vastwoord Seer - Ramp ramp ramp into Ugin+Painter's Servant.
Kari Zev, Skyship Raider - Unbridled Aggro

Find me Saturdays at the Wizard's Tower - Ottawa and occasional Mondays at Westboro Legion for Duel Commander.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-May-08 1:47 am 

I have to say I'm pretty happy right now. Building a Cube for a ton of my friends who've never had the chance, and I've been missing five of the ten original duals. Last night I managed to get three of those--Scrubland, Plateau, and an Italian Tundra--for about $140. So now all I'm missing is Underground Sea and Tropical Island. With them all in considerably good condition, this price wasn't spectacular but still quite good. Mostly, it just saved me the considerable effort of having to navigate deals on websites to find the best prices.

Plus, I got to Cube last night too. Nothing like Sneak Attack + Genesis with either Griselbrand, Angel of Despair, or Sundering Titan to make your night even if you do end up losing all of the games you play.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Oct-02 7:23 pm 

I guess I should be happy about this:

Wizards makes finding mythics really easy if they just print the picture of the card inside on the outside of the pack. I'm not sure what to do with this though. Should I put it in one of my decks? The only thing running blue I have are Ramses Overdark (where it doesn't fit the theme) or a couple of Commander Precons.

Maybe I should trade it for a Forcefield. Owning a Forcefield would make me happy. I feel so close to you right now, it’s the forcefield, lalala.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Oct-02 8:31 pm 

Shabbaman wrote:
Maybe I should trade it for a Forcefield. Owning a Forcefield would make me happy. I feel so close to you right now, it’s the forcefield, lalala.

I'd make that trade. It's not like you won't the opportunity to trade for a Jace further on down the road but Forcefields are pretty thin on the ground.

Sissay 5c Superfriends
Morophon Eldrazi (5C Devoid)
Grenzo's Goblins

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Oct-02 11:58 pm 

Forcefield is a great card, I'd trade a TMS for one easily.
I put a Forcefield into Xiahou and its made a huge difference in how easily I'm able to combo off if I don't have to worry about blocking or wrathing as much.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Oct-03 1:33 am 

Between my sealed pool, the prize packs it won, and my box, I've opened 3 Thoughtseizes and 3 new Elspeths.

It's not quite a Mr. the Mind Sculptor, but it's still pretty sweet!

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Oct-03 1:35 am 

I will always trade non reserved stuff for reserved stuff. Wizards has already shown they're willing to reprint JTMS in supplemental products. They'll never reprint Forcefield.

I bought a random booster of kamigawa a couple months ago and everyone was saying how it was a waste of money and a terrible set. I pulled a SDT and a Forbidden Orchard. I was happy.

I got a pretty crappy box of Theros. Thoughtseize and Stormbreath Dragon. I'm going to try to trade for an Elspeth and Xenagos.

I got everything else I wanted in Theros at least.

Starke of Rath -> Wrath of Starke: MRC

Proving Grounds: Drawmia-maro, Titania When Lands Attack, Tromokratis Read it Again, Kaalia's Klerics, Hordes of Tribes.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Oct-03 2:00 am 

scatteredsun wrote:
I got a pretty crappy box of Theros. Thoughtseize and Stormbreath Dragon. I'm going to try to trade for an Elspeth and Xenagos.

I got everything else I wanted in Theros at least.

You too? The two my wife and I opened were very mediocre for what we wanted. I really wanted to see Xenagos, Thoughtseize, and Elspeth, Sun's Champion. Got a single Elspeth and neither of the other two. I suppose I was happy to see a foil and non-foil Erebos, God of the Dead, non-foil Purphoros, God of the Forge, and non-foil Thassa, God of the Sea. They made great trade fodder for a Xenagos and two Garruk, Caller of Beasts. I considered sitting on them longer, but I have a feeling Purphoros will go up in price and the other two will stay the same or go down. Xenagos will go up and Garruk might go up. I guess we'll see!

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Oct-03 3:58 am 

The only good foil I got was a foil Hero's Downfall. I got all the gods but Erebos during the prerelease and I finished that set out with the box I got.

Do you really think Purphoros will go up? All the talk around these parts are he will tank soon.

Proving Grounds: Drawmia-maro, Titania When Lands Attack, Tromokratis Read it Again, Kaalia's Klerics, Hordes of Tribes.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Oct-03 4:03 am 

Best happy I got was pulling two Akroma's memorials in the same booster pack during timespiral block.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Oct-03 4:24 am 

scatteredsun wrote:
The only good foil I got was a foil Hero's Downfall. I got all the gods but Erebos during the prerelease and I finished that set out with the box I got.

Do you really think Purphoros will go up? All the talk around these parts are he will tank soon.

Don't take my word for it, honestly. People around here are very hyped up about it, so my opinion is probably skewed from other data; thus, it may just get sold at higher prices locally contradictory to widespread prices until the net-deckers here just flat stop playing them.

Who knows? I'm not going to be playing any of the gods, so it's no skin off my back to dump them while they are whatever price they are now.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Oct-03 6:53 am 

No one here wants to trade for him at the current price. I collect Legendaries so I'm glad to have pulled all but Medomai.

The last Happy I bought was All Hallow's Eve. Fun card, awesome memories, old Legends.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Oct-05 7:30 pm 

I've recently acquired my first Earthcraft. It's slightly damaged around two of the edges, but I got a fair discount because of that, so it's cool. Now I'm waiting for my friend to decide if he'll want it for his Animar. If he does not, I'll just stick it in the huge pile'o'cards that's going to be Ghave. Soon (tm).

In my late teens I was a Spike.
In my 20's I was a Johnny.
Now, I just like to play.
'Active decks' list here.
Currently hiring servants for my palace, made from my own walls of text.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Oct-05 8:29 pm 

I was over the moon happy when I cracked a foil Tarmgoyf from my second last Modern Master's booster.

Shame that thing doesn't do much for EDH.... LoL, so it sits in the binder.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Oct-06 5:24 am 

Is it just as pricey as the time spiral version?

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next