Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Mar-21 12:50 am

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2009-Apr-03 10:26 am 

If someone grabs your cards and their cards and starts counting numbers ("let's see, this is worth $5, this is worth 6.50...") in an obsessed kind of way, don't trade with them.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2009-Apr-03 2:12 pm 

I am a big fan and firm believer in the idea that as long as both parties are satisfied then let the trade go through. I am awaire of most cards values, give or take a dollar or two and that never really matters to me any ways. Most of the time I give the better end of the deal, it is later returned to me in another trade, so I would say that it is a karmic thing, if you care to believe in that sort of mumbo-jumbo.

I do however hate and loath the rip off artists out there who will prey on the weaker trade gazelles. This is mostly due to the fact that I was taken advantage of early on in my magic career, on so called career. Trading uncommons for Argothian Enchantress' is just fowl play. I have even since seen this jerk off at local pre-re's and the like, and I still refused to trade with him. And the really sad part is he usually has cards I really want. Oh well, ethics my friends, ethics...

End of Line

odit wrote:
I normally my techy , controly decks.

This.

DECKS:
Uril's Legendary Tea Party
Jenara: Tell me why I have to be a Powerslave
Karador: Rock out with your cock out
Xiahou Dun, the One-Eyed: Cosmic Hearse

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2009-Apr-04 8:47 am 

See for me, I don't care if someone gets ripped off as long as it isn't me. If they don't know the pirce tag of their cards, that is not my problem. If they ask me what they sell for, I'll be completely honest. Sure some people view that as unfair and wrong but I guess that's how the business world goes.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2009-Apr-04 10:08 am 

You'd be surprised at how some people insist on getting ripped off, even though they are highly aware of the card prices but it was a matter of "I wanted this card of yours and this is probably the only chance I'll get it, and I don't want this card of mine but you want it."

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2009-Apr-10 3:22 am 

Doraemon wrote:
You'd be surprised at how some people insist on getting ripped off, even though they are highly aware of the card prices but it was a matter of "I wanted this card of yours and this is probably the only chance I'll get it, and I don't want this card of mine but you want it."

Are you talking about me? I know I trade with you alot so when I see these posts it makes me feel... inadequate. I always come away happy but at the same time a lot of the things you say seem to apply to me.

4] Mayael the Anima (Fatties FTW!)
5] Omnath, Locus of Mana (Big Green Men)
6] Oros, The Avenger (Rock Burn)
7] Savra, Queen of the Golgari (Token Snack)
8] Rafiq of the Many (One Man, Alone)
9] Reaper King (Taste the EPIC!)
10] Uril, the Miststalker (Dark Rafiq)

I THINK in metaphors

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2009-Apr-11 5:36 pm 

I just don't trade cards unless it is with someone I know and have trusted for a while, and have given cards to and been given by, strictly in the interest of making one anothers' decks stronger. When it comes to exchanging expensive card with said parties, I usually PICK a source (not EBay, because there are usually a dozen closing prices on said card, which can lead to bickering), and often it is StarCity. Granted, their prices are high, but they will be high for ALL cards in the trade, so we lay out everything both of us are interested in, plus some "filler" cards as loose change on either side, look up the prices on Star City, usually with the third person doing the surfing as we write them down, and come to some agreement when the totals balance out. So I mostly go by book prices, with the idea of future prices in mind (hooray for Meddling Mage reprint and my still owning 4!, and my reluctance to part with my 12-odd Force of Wills). In general, I don't like to trade, as it adds an angle of greediness to Magic I find unsavory. But since I recognize it is a physical product with value, I realize it has to be dealt with complete greed and pay the piper - so I often buy from stores and try to recoup here and there on Ebay in small amounts, only when I'm completely certain I won't want the card again later - which a tricky thing to judge in such a casual, open format.

Offline Profile