Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Mar-23 4:05 pm

Post subject: Foil Maze of Ith
AgePosted: 2009-Mar-26 5:21 am 

Courtesy of the MTG Salvation boards, here is the upcoming judge foil in all its shiny goodness for us EDH nuts.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2009-Mar-26 9:33 am 

Yes it is foily and delicious though, I think the original art was much more innovative and crazy looking. The original art looked as if it where giant amoeba/bacteria that would eat any weary soul that would pas by.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2009-Mar-26 11:06 am 

I never really got the "maze" vibes from the old artwork, though. All I saw was a giant membranous sac with intestines in it, which didn't really scream "maze" to me. The new artwork, while nice, is a bit predictable...but it's better than a giant membranous sac with intestines.

Sidisi - Nin

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2009-Mar-26 12:24 pm 

To get out of a maze just put one hand on one side of the wall and keep walking, you'll eventually get out. That being said I like both artworks. For flavor purposes I like the new art. For the sake of magic being a magical world I like the old art.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2009-Mar-26 1:13 pm 

Have you seen some of the custom Maze of Iths people have done? I'll try to find a link, I saw it on the starcitygames board. Someone took an original Maze of Ith and painted in the rest of the art, it's nasty.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2009-Mar-26 1:23 pm 
EDH Rules Committee

Maze of Ith's original art owns
foil Maze of Ith owns.

DRR...DRR...DRR...

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2009-Mar-27 7:18 am 

I like the new art a lot, though it does make me wonder if that'll keep it out of FtV:Exiled.

I was really hoping there'd be a net foily awesome Maze of Ith in there :(

Rafiq, Sharuum, Nekusar, Kresh, Mayael, Kaalia, Maelstrom Wanderer, Ghave, Ruhan, Mimeoplasm, Genju of the Realm, Phelddagrif, Derevi, Oloro, Jenara, Karrthus, Marath, Tariel, Riku, Karador, Numot, Damia, Sliver Overlord, Karn, Silver Golem

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2009-Mar-27 7:25 am 

American_Kid wrote:
To get out of a maze just put one hand on one side of the wall and keep walking, you'll eventually get out.

LOL actually you have to find an outer wall...if you put your hand on any of the inner walls you'll just walk in circles forever. Thus, the difficulty when you get lost in a maze and don't know which walls are interior walls and which walls are the outer walls that bound the maze. aaaaaaaaanyway....

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2009-Mar-27 9:37 am 

Artos wrote:
I like the new art a lot, though it does make me wonder if that'll keep it out of FtV:Exiled.

I was really hoping there'd be a net foily awesome Maze of Ith in there :(

Rumor has it, it will still be in the box set, just a different foiling process.
Also the Judge promo is a give out to all judges, as a thank you, kinda like hermit druid, so its price should be very very low in the end.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2009-Mar-27 12:19 pm 

Well I'm assuming the maze has two points of entry and both are on the outer wall and that you start at one of those points. But at that rate one is probably better to walk around it. I'm sure Ith has a sense of humor and the entrance is probably also the exit or there is some loop that takes you to another maze or there is no entrance or exit etc.

Offline Profile