Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2018-Aug-16 1:55 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tickle-Your-Fancy Plays
AgePosted: 2014-Sep-13 1:58 pm 

In a game with I think 4 players, my friend who was borrowing my Temur deck (this was ages ago and Riku was probably at the helm) cast Apocalypse with Hive Mind in play.

This is probably where my desire for a sorcery that says "Restart the game" comes from.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Sep-27 2:30 am 

So I'm playing Kami of the Crescent Moon, with a ton of mana, no board presence, a few combo pieces in hand, and a Cyclonic Rift. I'm tapped out from playing Mindstone and Temple Bell.
Opponent 1 has Shirei, Shizo's Caretaker with a bunch of Shadowborn Apostles, Opponent two has a bunch of mountains, and his general, Tuktuk the Explorer and finally, opponent 3 has Prossh, and Foodchain, and he just resolved a Demonic Tutor. We're all 800% sure that he got Purphoros.
At the end of his turn, I activate temple bell. I draw a Hinder. Oh baby, here we go, I can bounce everything in response to him casting Purphoros on his next turn and then keep mana open to tuck Prossh! There is one problem; opponent 2 is giggling like a lunatic and says "If someone can bounce Prossh, I can keep him off the field."
I show him my Rift. He pleads with me to cast it. I cast it. Everything gets bounced.
Opponent 2's turn comes around, he casts Molten Psyche, and opponent 3 has the frown of ages on his face.
I high-five opponent 2, as he moon-walks out of the room.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Sep-27 4:37 am 

Greatest Gargadon wrote:
So I'm playing Kami of the Crescent Moon, with a ton of mana, no board presence, a few combo pieces in hand, and a Cyclonic Rift. I'm tapped out from playing Mindstone and Temple Bell.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Sep-27 5:43 am 

Joz wrote:
Greatest Gargadon wrote:

Whats up =P

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Sep-30 6:54 am 

I think Joz is implying that you tapped out to cast those (2 for mind stone, and 3 for temple bell) -- that wouldn't leave you enough to overload cyclonic rift.

Now, if mind stone wasn't mind stone, but instead Mind's Eye that makes it much more understandable. Or, you know -- you did other stuff that turn as well that you didn't mention. :)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Feb-03 11:58 am 

Played a game the other day, I was playing my thraximundar edh deck against a friend. He attacked me all out because all my lands were tapped out and my only creature thrax was tapped from attacking( I had hit him with 7 commander damage last turn). My opponent had cast a spell before combat to make all lands 2/2 creatures, so he could swing with 2 getting in an extra 4 damage. I take all the damage from the lands and his other creatures, leaving me at 2 life, I will die next turn for sure. Before his turn ends I notice my ashnods alter, sitting there. Using the 0 cost ability 8 times to sac all but 2 of my lands. The mana leaves my pool because I don't have any instants. But the cool part is my thrax got 8 1/1 counters, making him 15/15. On my turn I untap and use my only two mana left to give him trample, and attack for the win. He had made a token during his turn hoping to block thrax while saccing a tapped creature to his trigger. We thought it was cool.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Feb-15 10:22 pm 

This card is going to become the new Rite of Replication when it comes to creating interesting stories.

We were playing a 4-player game, and the red player, at 17 life and no creatures in play, decided to screw our lives by casting Repercussion and Blasphemous Act in the same turn. I was at 27 life and had two creatures in the field, so if those spells resolved, I would survive at only 1 life. To prevent that from happening, I cast Domineering Will on both of my creatures and gave them to the red player, preventing me from losing life at all and destroying the red player with his own combo :mrgreen:

Name: Night of the Ninja
General: Vela the Night-Clad
Archetype: Aggro-Control

Name: Boros Legion
General: Aurelia, the Warleader
Archetype: Aggro

Name: Dragon Fire
General: Karrthus, Tyrant of Jund
Archetype: Midrange

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Feb-19 5:41 am 

That's pretty saucy. Well done. You could also have used one of my old favorites, Reins of Power.

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Jun-10 6:58 am 

Just played a test game with a friend: My Nin vs. his Phenax.

He opened with Propaganda and Traumatize. Fortunately, I managed to snipe his Undead Alchemist before he cast the latter. Then he proceeded to mill me hard, until I finally managed to shoot him dead with indirect damage. I killed him on my upkeep, literally a step before I'd lose the game.

I'd like to give my thanks to Razorfin Hunter, Goblin Sharpshooter, Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker, Skullclamp, Goblin Lookout, all my token friends and our patron deity, Purphoros, God of the Forge. This wouldn't have been possible without you guys :)

In my late teens I was a Spike.
In my 20's I was a Johnny.
Now, I just like to play.
'Active decks' list here.
Currently hiring servants for my palace, made from my own walls of text.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Jun-19 6:28 am 

A few months back, I finally got to achieve something I've been longing to do since Kamigawa block: I decked someone with Tomoya the Revealer.

Playing 'walker Teferi, managed to flip Jushi into Tomoya, and EOT of my opponent's turn I tapped out to draw a bunch, then on my own turn, I stuck a Consecrated Sphinx, tapped out and targeted my opponent with Tomoya, making him draw A Bunch, and with the sphinx out, I of course drew 2x A Bunch.

Then used Teferi to untap Tomoya and three lands - thanks to a mana doubler that was enough to activate Tomoya again, and at this point, my hand was actually bigger than my opponent's library. Game over!

EDIT: Also, yes, Domineering Will is the shit. So many screwy things you can do with it. I too made some sort of awesome play wherein I actually gave some of my creatures to an opponent to screw then over but I don't remember exactly what was going on. Suffice it to say, if you think outside the box, and get creative with it, Domineering Will is vastly more versatile than it appears at first.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Jun-19 6:41 am 

thaumaturge wrote:
I decked someone with Tomoya the Revealer.

I got to do that once! For added bonus, it was done after breaking up the victim's attempt to Temple Bell/Mind Over Matter me out (the other player in the game had already died). I made him go through the motions until I drew Krosan Grip, at which point I had about 50 cards in hand. So I gripped MoM, and he had no choice but to pass the turn. On my turn I flipped Jushi, played Seedborn Muse, and killed him on his upkeep. Quite satisfying.

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Jun-19 8:03 am 

Sid the Chicken wrote:
thaumaturge wrote:
I decked someone with Tomoya the Revealer.

I got to do that once! For added bonus, it was done after breaking up the victim's attempt to Temple Bell/Mind Over Matter me out (the other player in the game had already died). I made him go through the motions until I drew Krosan Grip, at which point I had about 50 cards in hand. So I gripped MoM, and he had no choice but to pass the turn. On my turn I flipped Jushi, played Seedborn Muse, and killed him on his upkeep. Quite satisfying.

NOICE!

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Jun-20 7:51 pm 

I'll just assume you had Reliquary Tower or something, right, Sid? :)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Jun-21 11:32 pm 

Antis wrote:
I'll just assume you had Reliquary Tower or something, right, Sid? :)

Indeed. That was among the 40 something cards he made me draw.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Jul-03 6:49 pm 

Noobissimus Maximus wrote:
Question: How do you beat Propaganda with a weenie deck? Please help!
Answer: Dear Noob,

first, make sure that your weenies are goblins. If you got that down, cast Krenko (with haste, of course) and Ashnod's Altar. Throw in a Shared Animosity, shake violently and suddenly you're breaking through the Propaganda barrier at some 758 damage. Pretty nice, eh? :)

Sincerely, Antis

Moral #1: Nin is a bitch.
Moral #2: I love her.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next