Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2018-Oct-15 9:06 am

Post subject: Epic Massacre Wurm Games
AgePosted: 2012-Jun-26 7:33 am 

It seems that on the "Cool Plays" thread, every other story is ended by "he got five billion tokens and I beat him with my Massacre Wurm". So, I'll save space by making a thread specifically for Massacre Wurm. FYI, this has already been done with RoR.

III Omnath, Locus of Mana III Thada Adel, Acquisitor III Geth, Lord of the Vault III Eight-and-a-Half-Tails III Zo-Zu the Punisher III BruseIkra III Kynaios and Tiro of Meletis III Kess, Dissident Mage, III AkriSilas III Grenzo, Havoc Raiser III Ghalta, Primal Hunger III Ambassador Laquatus III Anax and Cymede III Sidisi, Brood Tyrant III Shu Yun, the Silent Tempest III Ghave, Guru of Spores III Zurgo Helmsmasher III Yidris, Maelstrom Wielder III

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Epic Massacre Wurm Games
AgePosted: 2012-Jun-26 11:44 am 

Shit. I need to build a Blue/Black deck now so I can get a Cool Story about how I killed the whole table by kicking a RoR at my Massacre Wurm!

EDIT: Damn it! Superstrength beat me to that joke in the other thread. I swear I posted this before reading the other thread!

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Jun-26 12:54 pm 

thaumaturge wrote:
Superstrength beat me to that joke in the other thread. I swear I posted this before reading the other thread!

No, it's fine. Just pay 5 mana. Now post the same joke 4 more times.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Jun-26 1:33 pm 

ZING!

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Jun-26 2:46 pm 

intreped wrote:
thaumaturge wrote:
Superstrength beat me to that joke in the other thread. I swear I posted this before reading the other thread!

No, it's fine. Just pay 5 mana. Now post the same joke 4 more times.

Aaaand intreped wins the thread.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Jul-05 1:11 pm 

So I got beat by Massacre Wurm this weekend.

Three-way game. I'm playing Savra, one opponent is playing Teysa, the other playing Darien, King of Kjeldor.

The last time my Savra deck faced the Darien deck, I killed the Darien player with Massacre Wurm for exactsies. I was hoping to do so again. The game went on pretty long and my deck got off to a slow start so I took quite a bit of early-game damage, putting me pretty low on life.

I played a Scavenging Ooze pretty early on that got about 12 counters on it and was still in play when the game ended. Anyway, I stabilized at around 15-20 life, and started to control the board via Savra and Butcher of Malakir, and some tokens.

I dug and dug for my Massacre Wurm but never found it. The Teysa deck stalled at 4 lands for many, many turns and just sat on a Teysa and three white spirit tokens for like an hour. So, me and King Darien just wailed on each other for 90% of the game.

Darien had out his general and a Soul's Attendant, so I couldn't attack him unless it was an alpha strike. Finally I drew a Dimir House Guard, which I then transmutted. The only thing in my deck that could deal with Darien was a Garruk Relentless... LOL. So I took the planeswalker and made him fight Darien. They both die. I swing for a bunch of damage and on my next turn, I swing for a bunch more and kill the Darien player - he was at 62 life, and I killed him in two attacks!

At this point I have 12 creatures with a toughness of 2 or less. I pass the turn after killing Darien off, the Teysa player untaps, plays Massacre Wurm, killing 12 creatures. I'm at 15 life and have no way of sac-ing everything or gaining enough life for it not to be lethal. I die.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Jul-05 2:35 pm 

The last time I played against Massacre Wurm, I was playing my Hazezon Tamar token deck. I let it kill my token army twice and deal me 10 damage each time despite the fact that I could have saved my army with instant-pump.

The first time, I needed the Martyr's Bond triggers to deal with an opposing army. The second time, I needed to turn off Defense of the Heart.

I eventually won the game by using Sarkhan Vol to threaten Massacre Wurm and punching him with it.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Dec-03 9:21 pm 

ah see my rith, the awakener token deck has so many pump enchantments that my tokens are usually at least 4/4s but usually around 7/7 lol. and after my mate started running 'destroy all enchantments' cards I had to run stuff like faith's reward nad replenish to try to survive lol. never bin up against a massacre wurm or elesh luckily :-)

I didn't failed nothing

My EDH Cube

Offline Profile