Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Jan-21 7:39 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Yet another Rite of Replication Thread
AgePosted: 2012-Mar-02 9:20 pm 
EDH Rules Committee

The other day, my opponent cast Apocalypse Hydra for 14, so I cast Vanish Into Memory on it. Later in the game someone else cast Rite of Replication, but I won anyway.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Mar-03 1:49 am 

After a difficult long drawn out game it was down to a dual between the Sharum player and my Nin deck. We'd both done some life gain shenanigans but by this point he had 100 life and I was nearly dead. I had a magma phoenix on the board along side a stuffy doll keyed to him. He had mycosynth lattice and darksteel forge. After tapping out for storm herd he passed turn.

I top decked a mountain giving me just enough mana to rite of replication Stuffy and then cast blasphemous act to do a total of 99 damage. I tapped stuffy and won the game with the final point of damage.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Mar-04 8:05 am 

one time i heard of this card called something like Writ of Replication or something like thant, and instead of playing with it i won with general damage with Maraxus of keld and untapped lands, tokens and equipment

MODERATOR of WOOBERG.net the number one source for MTG variant formats

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Mar-04 11:17 am 

One time I had Rite of Replication in my deck, and then I read this thread and took it out of my deck.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Mar-04 1:05 pm 

Best thing ever: guy got sunk by his own RoR.

Game was down to Thada Adel Artifact Hug VS Riku Super ETB. Thada had gotten down Torpor Orb and Eater of Days and then Mindslavered Riku. Riku draws RoR and is forced to cast it on the Eater of Days. In response, Thada Capsizes his own Torpor Orb. In response to that, Riku activates Riku's cloning ability on RoR and aims at the Eater again. Needless to say, Thada had a pretty easy victory after that...............

III Omnath, Locus of Mana III Thada Adel, Acquisitor III Geth, Lord of the Vault III Eight-and-a-Half-Tails III Zo-Zu the Punisher III BruseIkra III Kynaios and Tiro of Meletis III Kess, Dissident Mage, III AkriSilas III Grenzo, Havoc Raiser III Ghalta, Primal Hunger III Ambassador Laquatus III Anax and Cymede III Sidisi, Brood Tyrant III Shu Yun, the Silent Tempest III Ghave, Guru of Spores III Zurgo Helmsmasher III Yidris, Maelstrom Wielder III

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Mar-07 1:01 am 

Uktabi_Kong wrote:
Best thing ever: guy got sunk by his own RoR.

Game was down to Thada Adel Artifact Hug VS Riku Super ETB. Thada had gotten down Torpor Orb and Eater of Days and then Mindslavered Riku. Riku draws RoR and is forced to cast it on the Eater of Days. In response, Thada Capsizes his own Torpor Orb. In response to that, Riku activates Riku's cloning ability on RoR and aims at the Eater again. Needless to say, Thada had a pretty easy victory after that...............

Just a quick note: this scenario can't actually happen. When the Rite is played, Riku's triggered ability goes on the stack. In response to that ability, the capsize can be played, but currently there's no way for the bouncing of torpor orb to happen between the original spell being cast and the triggered ability happening.

Plus, I don't think you'd want to even if you could......if he made 5 guys in response to the orb bounce, those 5 guys would come in while the orb was there.....which means sweet value for the Riku player! Nevermind he's still losing a bunch of turns from the other 5 guys coming in after the bounce :)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Mar-07 2:18 am 

Garlow wrote:
Just a quick note: this scenario can't actually happen.

It works, if not quite in the order described. And take out the words "in response".

In other news, I cast Knowledge Exploitation on Guy A's bolas deck, hoping for a sweep of some sort to fend off Guy B's animar deck, but I couldn't find one. I settle for a Bribery aimed at animar. Blightsteel? Sold! But just one won't save me from animar, so I kick a rite at it. Even if animar has Vigor + other dudes, I can take a hit and crash into him with enough poison. Animar swings. I take some. Bolas seems to feel left out, because he kicks his own rite at one of the blightsteels. Just two of mine can take out animar, so I do that and play Sakashima (my general), making five untapped blightsteels ready to trade with bolas'. He tapped them all and I died.

I couldn't decide if it was anticlimactic or not. I got caught with my pants down (or rather, I was pantsed), but I took 55 poison damage.

EDH decklists! Post'em if you got'em!

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Mar-07 4:45 am 

Two words.
Ink-Treader Nephilim.

Also, since I'd like to build a 5c deck that also runs Precurson Golem in addition to RoR and the Nephilim, I'm still waiting for the day when I have both on the field and do that.
Let's see... 5 copies of every creature on the battlefield. Plus: each of my Golems gets targeted by that and copies the effect for each other golem. It's not just that one gets targeted and copies it for the rest: they all get targeted because of Nephilim and each copies the effect forward, am I right? So just with the tokens Precursor makes, each would be targeted by 3 copies of RoR, kicked.

Ghave, Guru of Spores Combo
Oros, the Avenger Damage Tricks
Rafiq of the Many Exalted Equips
Ertai, the Corrupted Lock/Combo
Zedruu the Greathearted Grouphug
Adun Oakenshield Relentless Rats
Thraximundar Creatureless
Uril, the Miststalker No Artifacts
Omnath, Locus of Mana Big Green
Darien, King of Kjeldor Soldier Tokens

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Mar-07 5:17 am 

VariSami wrote:
Two words.
Ink-Treader Nephilim.

Also, since I'd like to build a 5c deck that also runs Precurson Golem in addition to RoR and the Nephilim, I'm still waiting for the day when I have both on the field and do that.
Let's see... 5 copies of every creature on the battlefield. Plus: each of my Golems gets targeted by that and copies the effect for each other golem. It's not just that one gets targeted and copies it for the rest: they all get targeted because of Nephilim and each copies the effect forward, am I right? So just with the tokens Precursor makes, each would be targeted by 3 copies of RoR, kicked.

Make the deck Sliver Overlord and run Conspiracy. Then you can tutor for those two and Rune-Scarred Demon to get the RoR.

III Omnath, Locus of Mana III Thada Adel, Acquisitor III Geth, Lord of the Vault III Eight-and-a-Half-Tails III Zo-Zu the Punisher III BruseIkra III Kynaios and Tiro of Meletis III Kess, Dissident Mage, III AkriSilas III Grenzo, Havoc Raiser III Ghalta, Primal Hunger III Ambassador Laquatus III Anax and Cymede III Sidisi, Brood Tyrant III Shu Yun, the Silent Tempest III Ghave, Guru of Spores III Zurgo Helmsmasher III Yidris, Maelstrom Wielder III

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Mar-07 6:07 am 

For a while, I ran Reaper King as a 4-color general in Ink-Treader colors, and used whatever tutors I could to find him and Rite of Replication, and Fiery Gambit. It was absolute jank. Never again.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Mar-07 8:53 am 

Rollcage wrote:
He tapped them all and I died.

These kinds of mysteriously generic descriptions of plays always send my mind down a ridiculous train of thought:
"How did he tap them? Turnabout? Cryptic Command? If it weren't for the choice of General I would have guessed Naya Charm, which is my absolute favorite. Ooh, maybe Shimmer Myr into Kill Switch then Voltaic Key? Yeah, that must have been it!"

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Mar-12 9:26 pm 

okay so this story has rite of replication in it but is not entirely based around it. it just helped me out that much more. i have 3 opponents 1 kalia 1 omnath 1 grimgrin and me playing venser. the omath guy has a 34/34 omnath i believe and decides to momentus fall it and draws a ton. he happens to also have sasaya, orochi ascendant in play and she flips. he then re casts omnath floats a ton of mana then passes. on my turn i go confiscate your flipped sasaya. rite of replication kicked on your veteran explorer sacrifice all copies to ashnods alter and at this point everyland tapps for 26 mana and i play a mind over matter. i then play evacuation to ensure all threats are off the board and proceed to explain how my whipers of the muse can draw me multiple cards off each island and then i can untap with mind over matter i have elixir of imortality in play to prevent me from decking and i have a forbid in hand. my opponents finally concede.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Mar-23 12:34 pm 

This one time, I had a Rite of Replication in my binder, and this kid I was trading with was like "I'll give you a Bant Charm for it" and I was like "ok."

Thrun, The Last Troll - [MGC]

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Mar-23 2:07 pm 

This is the thread that will not die
Yes it goes on and on... God, why?
Some people Rite of Rep (kicked) it, not knowing what it was
And they'll continue posting here forever, just because...

Current Decks
Rith, the Awakener (Formerly Asmira, Holy Avenger and Tolsimir Wolfblood)
Sharuum the Hegemon (WIP) (Formerly Teysa, Orzhov Scion)
Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Mar-25 11:14 am 

Mooney wrote:
This is the thread that will not die
Yes it goes on and on... God, why?
Some people Rite of Rep (kicked) it, not knowing what it was
And they'll continue posting here forever, just because...

No, if you kicked it, there'd have been 5 other threads.......

Atraxa Superfriends
Yidris Eldrazi (4C Devoid)
Sissay Angel Oath
Wort's Goblin Conspiracy
Gonti's Mega-Bouncy Castle

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next