Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Mar-24 4:30 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Using cards against their owners 101 - Funny
AgePosted: 2013-May-22 11:35 am 

You did this to yourself:

I cast Mind's Desire (storm=3) and hit Psychosis Crawler and Diluvean Primordial, which I use on Plague Wind to wrath the board and swing for lethal against one, dropping the other player to 8 life. Pass turn. He casts Rite of Replication (kicked) on my Primordial, taking among others, Chaos Warp and Wheel of Fortune. He doesn't get the order right and guess which resolves first? (Oh, and Geth's Grimore was also in play.)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-May-28 10:52 am 

Yet another YDTTY:

Kicked Rite of Replication aimed at Malakir Bloodwitch for 25 damage each. Jhoira is down to 6 life and out of desperation casts Devastation Tide knowing that on her next upkeep she'll get Jin-Gitaxas, Karn Liberated, something else, and Time Stretch a turn later. I cast Wanderer intending to kill her and prevent all that. End up hitting Telemin Peformance (Jhoira gives me Urabrask the Hidden) followed by Spelltwine, which gives me back Telemin Performance (Jhoira is really nice and gives me It That Betrays) and Beacon of Tomorrows.

Needless to say, Jhoira was the MVP that game, just for the wrong reasons.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-May-29 4:16 am 

I saw what was possibly the most social use of Zealous Conscripts ever in my last game: the person who played it took my Jace, the Mind Sculptor and just Brainstormed.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Jul-05 9:42 am 

I have a friend who, for a few weeks at least, won a number of games in our group with Wrexial solely by ripping Mind Over Matter combos out of one guy's Niv Mizzet deck. He kept doing it over and over until the Niv player took MoM out of his deck and games with both of them returned to normal. It was pretty hilarious while it lasted, though.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Feb-11 12:33 am 

I wrote this in the other thread already, but the short version is I killed an Omnath player in 1 on 1 by using Goblin Diplomats to force his own Terastodon and 5/5 Dungrove Elder to repeatedly attack my two Stuffy Dolls.

Also, yesterday my friend copied my general, Rakdos, Lord of Riots. The problem? He was playing Prime Speaker Zegana. He swung with Rakdos, cast her, drew eight and went nuts with fatties.

In my late teens I was a Spike.
In my 20's I was a Johnny.
Now, I just like to play.
'Active decks' list here.
Currently hiring servants for my palace, made from my own walls of text.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Feb-21 2:52 am 

And another one, though not a win by itself, it gave me good advantage:

Playing with Nin against Derevi, my opponent struggles with having mulliganed (is that the correct spelling?) to five and losing the tempo war. That and with a Sparksmith with Basilisk Collar :wink:
He casts Isochron Scepter, imprinting Azorius Charm on it. I counter by playing Phyrexian Metamorph, copying his Scepter and imprinting Brightstone Ritual on it. With four goblins and Nin on the table, it was one more reason for him to scoop a few turns later.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Feb-21 6:59 am 

Antis wrote:

Playing with Nin against Derevi, my opponent struggles with having mulliganed (is that the correct spelling?) to five and losing the tempo war. That and with a Sparksmith with Basilisk Collar :wink:
He casts Isochron Scepter, imprinting Azorius Charm on it. I counter by playing Phyrexian Metamorph, copying his Scepter and imprinting Brightstone Ritual on it. With four goblins and Nin on the table, it was one more reason for him to scoop a few turns later.

:evil:

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Feb-21 12:46 pm 

Segrus wrote:
Antis wrote:

Did I say 'Sorry'?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Feb-22 6:37 pm 

Antis wrote:
Segrus wrote:
Antis wrote:

Did I say 'Sorry'?

Eh, I don't remember. Just annoyed that I had used a mulligan to put Sundering Growth back into my library for the hope of another land. Never drew any other artifact removal to help me...

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-May-01 8:32 am 

I was playing an Oona reanimate/steal deck, one of my opponents was playing Grixis superfriends. He had a Chandra Ablaze out and activated her wheel, I cast Notion Thief in response, he hindered me, I hindered him, and then he Spelljacked my thief. I thoroughly enjoyed losing that game.

I play on Lackey, why don't you?
Get it here: http://lackeyccg.com/

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-May-03 9:21 am 

Kharn the Betrayer wrote:
I was playing an Oona reanimate/steal deck, one of my opponents was playing Grixis superfriends. He had a Chandra Ablaze out and activated her wheel, I cast Notion Thief in response, he hindered me, I hindered him, and then he Spelljacked my thief. I thoroughly enjoyed losing that game.
That's the spirit! :D

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-May-05 12:34 pm 

So one of our resident cutthroat players decided to build something far more casual (and hilarious) - Maelstrom Wanderer "Lottery for Everyone". Table was Me (Sharuum), Oloro, MW, Vish Kal.

MW has Eye of the Storm in play. Vish Kal uses Rise of the Dark Realms to put some evil into play. I untap, and cast Wrath of God, stacking the spells from the eye so I wrath the board and then get all the dead creatures (yay!). So now, any time anyone casts a spell, they get everything! Unfortunately the game was cut short by the start of FNM, but it was quite hysterical.

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-May-05 1:31 pm 

I sure picked up a good day to visit my LGS today. I ended up participating in a brain-damage-inducing 4HG game (yeah, two teams of four). The setup was:

TEAM A:
Ghave, Guru of Spores
Azami, Lady of Scrolls
Nekusar, the Mindrazer
Rafiq of the Many

TEAM B:
Oloro, Ageless Ascetic
Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon
Rakdos, Lord of Riots (me)
Intet, the Dreamer

At first, some little stuff happened, the Skithiryx head of our team managed to cripple Azami with discard, a little of ramp, the usual. I dropped Lightning Greaves, but nobody was doing damage to the opposing team, so no Rakdos for me. Nekusar visited the able and at that time, we thought "Maybe we shouldn't go up against this thing in this format..." We managed to kill his general, though, so it was ok, Oloro was healing back lost HP and the game was back to normal.

Then the Nekusar player played Hive Mind. The whole table was like "Are you KIDDING us?!" Even his teammates. And boy, was it insane. Swords to Plowshares-turned-Final Judgment. Global Kodama's Reach. All nice and fun. So I played my sixth land and asked Oloro if he needed the mana from his Spectral Searchlight this turn. He said "No.", so I cast Rune-Scarred Demon, gave him the boots and swinged away. The Swords-Judgments could not touch him, so I was happy.

The next turn, I drew World at War. I looked at the card, then at Hive Mind and then back at the card, my evil grin widening each time. We had a little argument about the result of the interaction, which was ultimately solved by a smartphone and gatherer. Such beatiful, beautiful words: "Multiple World at War effects are cumulative." So there we were, with our humble turn, containing NINE COMBAT PHASES. The sad part was, we had only my demon to attack, so we only ultimately caused 54 damage (we were playing with 90 starting life per team).

On their turn, Rafiq Wrathed the board and that was it. Everyone was preparing for rebound. On our upkeep, Skithiryx cast Vampiric Tutor. 8 lost life per team and tutor for everyone sounded great, especially when there was a very high chance that the opposing team won't live to draw whatever they searched for. Oloro cast Glen Elendra Archmage. Skithiryx cast his general and I cast Inferno Titan. Ghave cast StP and they split their copies 2-2 between the Dragon and the Giant. Intet saved Skithiryx with a well-timed Venser, Shaper Savant. The black mage recast it, they had one more kill spell, but Oloro cast Negate and we won the resulting counterwar. Then he proceeded to equip Nightmare Lash on it and pounded them for some awesome general damage (no poison, interestingly, since Ghave had Melira, Sylvok Outcast out).

I'll remember that game for a long time...

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Jun-16 7:01 am 

New one!

Today, I managed to pull an epic win out of horrible color screw. I was playing Riku in a star game with (in order):

Me (Riku)
Zegana
Sheoldred
Drana
Kami of Crescent Moon
Me

The Zegana player was toothless after Sadistic Sacrament (kicked, OFC, whaddya think we're playing, Go?!) gutted all the combo pieces out of his deck. Cast by his own wing, Sheoldred, no less. Some usual stuff then ensued, but my opponents were confused by my smile behind my empty board. The only thing I did was play Arcane Melee. They realized it too late. After a Fact or Fiction for 1U brought me a Turnabout and a Twincast, I, on my turn, with my five Islands, two Mountains and ZERO Forests, proceeded as follows:

Turnabout, Twincast, Reverberate, Past in Flames, Turnabout, Twincast, Reverberate, Melek, Izzet Paragon, Mystical Tutor for Bribery, double Bribery from top.

I targeted each of my mono-black opponents with one Bribery, fetching Necropolis Regent from Drana and Gray Merchant of Asphodel from Sheoldred. A five-life-drain later, I was able to seal the game with a kicked RoR on the Merchant. I then told them: "Gentlemen, your two decks work great together!"

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Jul-18 8:57 am 

A friend I was playing with had a really big eldrazi creature out, I stole it for a turn with either act of treason or ray of command. I swung at him for a lot of damage, I think it was 11 or so, and made him sacrifice 9 permanents. When he gained control of his creature, I then doombladed it, just to make sure he couldn't use it against me.
playing against eldrazi decks can be rather fun, especially when you steal their things to use against them.
At the same time, it can be a horrifying experience, especially when you run in to no removal.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next