Damnation
In the Web of War
Rolling Thunder
Garruk Wildspeaker
Demonic Tutor
Diabolic Tutor
Eternal Witness
Restock

First deck list ive put together. Looking for some constructive criticism or some people willing to put it together and try it. The main theme is just big dragons and lots of mana to get them in play.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2009-Apr-27 3:22 pm 

door of destinies (the only thing better than big hasty dragons is bigger hasty dragons)

patriarch's bidding (and bringing them all back into play after a damnation)

cover of darkness (or bigger hasty dragons with fear?)

dragon tyrant
dragon mage

also, while it is true you have a good amount of acceleration, 35 lands is a bit on the light side with all those fatties.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2009-Apr-27 4:42 pm 

I had considered both the tyrant and the mage. I found the tyrant to be too mana demanding requiring a number of red a turn. Then the mage just didnt seem to do anything besides cycle hands. I could consider him if you dealt with a number of annoying search/combo players otherwise he is overpriced for what he does.

the door is great but when i compared it to coat of arms i found the coat winning and using both would be a type of overkill im not looking for.

the bidding is not a bad idea and if anyone was to playtest this and give feedback on some cards i could see it going on granted something else came out.

cover i looked at and thought it was good and cheap for what it could do but i put it in the same boat as bidding

and ive tried to balance out the mana curve with some low end creatures. most of which get me more land. again though it would take playtesting to determine if it was good enough

thanks for the input and I may proxy this out and see what it can do

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2009-Apr-28 12:10 pm 

I would seriously consider Patriarch's Bidding. This seems like the perfect deck for it.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2009-Apr-28 12:40 pm 

Like people before me said, Patriarch's Bidding seems a perfect fit for your deck. Also, if you want cards with a similar effect, you could try Twilight's Call, Living Death, Living End and Beacon of Unrest.

I don't think you need to play Cover of Darkness or the Dragon cycle from Scourge in a deck like this. Dragons are big enough on their own and don't need cards to boost them to win you the game.

As for dragons you could play in your deck, I suggest you try Bogardan Hellkite, Ryusei the Falling Star and the one with Amplify from Legions(I can't remember the name right now).

Finally, you might want to try to find some artifact mana. Cards like Sol Ring, Mana Vault, Grim Monolith and Coalition Relic aren't that expensive, can be used in a lot of decks and can really help your deck to shine.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2009-Apr-28 12:54 pm 

victimize ? ( + witness for extra sauce )

oversold cemetary ? ( more graveyard trix )

genesis ? ( graveyard trix ! )

Bogardan hellkite ? ( dd )

Hunted dragon ? ( cheap , political )

Knollspine dragon ? ( card draw is good )

lightning dragon ? ( cheap )

Other than that for creatures.
You know you've got no way of dealing with enchantments / artifact / graveyard trix ?

If it was me, I'd pack at least a little bit of a way to respond even if it's a forked warp world :)

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2009-Apr-29 4:33 am 

Quote:
I would seriously consider Patriarch's Bidding. This seems like the perfect deck for it.

Ok so this will seriously be finding a way into this list as soon as i do a revamp
Quote:
Also, if you want cards with a similar effect, you could try Twilight's Call, Living Death, Living End and Beacon of Unrest.

Twilights is alright and does pack a bit of built in middle finger to removal but the fact it brings up your opponents stuff as well and the deck itself packs no graveyard hate kind of puts it on the list of "Why would i help my opponent?" Living death kind of falls into the same boat. it lacks the instant ability but in the case of something like a plaque wind im standing with all the guns with nasty teeth and scales and they got crap. So id put living death ahead of twilight but barely. then living end i just dont like for some reason. then theres beacon, a card that really is a black staple but somehow slipped my mind when i made this list at 3am(why do i let sparks of creation hit me then IDK). So id put beacon right neat to bidding.
Quote:
I don't think you need to play Cover of Darkness or the Dragon cycle from Scourge in a deck like this. Dragons are big enough on their own and don't need cards to boost them to win you the game.

Exactly Im not trying to strap the nuke to the bigger nuke to the mega chaingun. These are things that crossed my mind and i thought "Why would 5-6 base power fliers need things like this?"
Quote:
As for dragons you could play in your deck, I suggest you try Bogardan Hellkite, Ryusei the Falling Star and the one with Amplify from Legions(I can't remember the name right now).

The hellkite is nice but when i really thought about him he is poorly costed for something more then 5 points of burn and a 5/5 flyer. There are several cheaper dragons with similar stats who do things beyond an enter play effect. I like ryusei he is neat but deck is more about keeping your big nasties in play and not really giving a crap that walks on the ground. the last one there is kilnmouth, he is in. hes too good not to be in.
Quote:
Finally, you might want to try to find some artifact mana. Cards like Sol Ring, Mana Vault, Grim Monolith and Coalition Relic aren't that expensive, can be used in a lot of decks and can really help your deck to shine.

Some of this was a mild oversight of my mainly 3am deck making. the other part is this deck has more of a dependency of colored mana once things are in play. a number of the dragons eat up red mana like its nothing else. So some more should be making it into the deck but id expect it to be more the things that make colored. though a single mass colorless producer wouldn't hurt.
Quote:
victimize ? ( + witness for extra sauce )

Like it but find myself putting it lower on the list that twilight and living death are on.
Quote:
oversold cemetary ? ( more graveyard trix )

This is one of those things that gets you prolonged graveyard hate and when i consider running things like twilight and living id prefer my graveyard stay un-hated on for most of the game
Quote:
genesis ? ( graveyard trix ! )

see oversold
Quote:
Hunted dragon ? ( cheap , political )

besides giving my opponent a number of goodies to beat me with it really doesnt do anything beyond that. so i find myself going for more proactive dragons.
Quote:

Yes card draw is good but the other colors have better options i can look into and keep my dragons open for more useful things
Quote:
lightning dragon ? ( cheap )

Ive considered putting some more smaller creatures in to balance out my mana curve and this was one i considered. Its something to consider for the revamp
Quote:
Other than that for creatures.
You know you've got no way of dealing with enchantments / artifact / graveyard trix ?

If it was me, I'd pack at least a little bit of a way to respond even if it's a forked warp world

Yes that is a product of 3am sparks of creation and will be looked at to be remedied in a coming revamp

Sorry if i sound like an ass or something thats just how i come off sometimes. especially when im trying to give full answers(like they taught me in 2nd grade) to things. Of course ive not played this yet and would be more then happy to hear of someone having put this together and trying it then giving me some good feedback. also if you disagree with any of my opinions then feel free to bring that up. im more then willing to take criticism granted its constructive(not saying all hasn't been so far). ive never said i was a good player just someone with an in depth opinion on what he does and why he does it.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2009-Apr-29 10:16 am 

I am not sure what you mean when you said this "Quote:

Yes card draw is good but the other colors have better options i can look into and keep my dragons open for more useful things"

All you need is one huge swing, ditch your hand draw into these mass reanimation spells you mention, or Bladewing the Risen!! It seems like an auto include to me as hitting with even one dragon can result in CA, not to mention what happens when you hit with two!! Plus after you swing you play it, creating another blocker for you.

As for the card draw in spell form, I see none on your list currently!! Harmonize, Night's Whisper, Ambition's Cost, Soul's Majesty all could be good ideas.

End of Line

odit wrote:
I normally my techy , controly decks.

This.

DECKS:
Uril's Legendary Tea Party
Jenara: Tell me why I have to be a Powerslave
Karador: Rock out with your cock out
Xiahou Dun, the One-Eyed: Cosmic Hearse

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2009-Apr-29 12:26 pm 

meh no worries.

The only dragon deck I've built was generaled by Ziran of the claw.

Hunted dragon is cheap, and in multiplayer giving the guy that kept the 2 land hand then drew mana -- none at all a few guys was never a big deal.

You could think about throwing in Ziran, he's a great way to trick out cipt dragon for cheap.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2009-May-07 3:10 am 

Karrthus, Tyrant of Jund

Lands
Barren moor
Darigaaz’s Caldera
Forgotten Cave
Gruul Turf
Jund Panorama
Karplusan Forest
Lotus Vale
Mosswort Bridge
Rakdos Carnarium
Reflecting Pool
Reliquary Tower
Savage Lands
Spinerock Knoll
Terrain Generator
Terramorphic Expanse
Tranquil Thicket
Volrath’s Stronghold
4 Forests
8 Mountains
6 Swamps

Artifacts
Belbe’s Portal
Brass Herald
Urzas Incubator
Coat of Arms
Font of Mythos
Firewild Borderpost
VeinFire Borderpost
Grim Monolith

Mana Gen Spells
Crop Rotation
Elfhame Sanctuary
Explosive Vegetation
Far Wanderings
Harrow
Kodoma’s Reach
Krosan Tusker
Primal Growth
Rampant growth
Sakura Tribe-Eldar
Sprouting Vines
Veteran Explorer
Yavimaya elder

Big Guns
Bladewing the Risen
Broodmate Dragon
Crimson Hellkite
Darigaaz, the Igniter
Dragon Brood Mother
Flameburst Dragon
Fledgling Dragon
Furnace Whelp
Hellkite Hatchling
Hellkite Overlord
Imperial Hellkite
Jugan, the Rising Star
Kilnmouth Dragon
Malfegor
Rakdos Pit Dragon
Scourge of Kher Ridges
Shivan Dragon
Shivan Hellkite
Two-headed Dragon
Vampiric Dragon
Catacomb Dragon

Others
Bladewing’s Thrall
Dragon Breath
Dragon Fangs
Dragon Shadow
Dragonspeaker Shaman
Sarkhan Vol
Profane Command
Primal Command
Terror
Terminate
Dark Banishing
Life from the Loam
Damnation
In the Web of War
Rolling Thunder
Phyrexian Arena
Necrologia
Patriarchs Bidding

OUT - Crucible of Fire, Explosive borders, Cryptic gateway, journey of discovery, and dragonstorm
IN - Phyrexian Arena, necrologia, patriarchs bidding, font of mythos, grim monolith.

some minor changes.

Offline Profile